The Intercontinental Regency Bahrain is fairly typical of a luxury hotel and meets expectations. Professional staff and service. I did have one interaction that I was unhappy with but is not worth further mention.
The bar/lounge has a well stocked bar and a number of beers on tap. On tap they have Kilkenny, Somersby Apple Cider, Fosters, Carlsberg, Guinness, Heineken, Budweiser, Stella Artois, Miller Light, Kronenburg 1664 and Kirin Ichiban. For bottles they have Corona, Coors Light, Peroni, San Miguel, Grolsch, Holsten, Becks, Smirnoff and Edelhopfen. The draft beers are 3 BD. I was pleased to see Kirin on tap. One minor detail was the glasses for the Stella Artois was not up to expectations for a luxury hotel. The gold trim on the lip of the glasses were mostly flaked off, the devil is in the details. The smoking was a slight bother but not too bad and the live band was decent.
The hotel is a short walk to the old souq and sort of a middle location to explore the Bahrain Fort and the Al Fatih Mosque/Bahrain Museum. Good location to explore from. A taxi from the airport on the weekends/holidays should be just under 7 BD.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the city center next to the famous Bab Al Bahrain or Bahrain oldest market and in a walking distance to Bahrain Financial Harbor and World Trade Center, Intercontinental Regency Bahrain is an ideal address for business or leisure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cancelon, Hotwire, Orbitz and TripOnline SA so you can book your InterContinental Regency Bahrain reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Regency Bahrain Hotel Manama
- Intercontinental Bahrain
- InterContinental Regency Bahrain Manama