“Thoroughly Enjoyable”

Ranked #1 of 132 Hotels in Manama
Great Easton, United Kingdom
“Thoroughly Enjoyable”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

I recently stopped in Bahrain for business and stayed at the Intercontinental as it was recommended by a colleague.

Upon arrival I was impressed by the vast lobby and cafe area which was great for a coffee or a meeting etc. My approval continued at the checkin counter with the very helpful and friendly staff.

I headed up to find a spacious room which was in immaculate condition. The bed was comfortable and the room had all of the accessories you'd come to expect in a quality hotel. The bathroom was also lovely (especially the choice of shower heads!) and extremely clean.

I made use of the swim and gym facilities during my stay. Again these were in good condition with the gym also having all of the equipment I required.

On one of the nights, I ordered in the room service which was delivered speedily to my door. The service was well presented and tasty.

I also headed to the "Downtown" bar for dinner one night. They had some live music in the bar which added to a nice atmosphere. Once again the food was good and the service attentive. My only criticism of the bar was the open smoking policy. As a non-smoker this makes for a less enjoyable experience!

I took advantage of the breakfast buffet each morning and struggles not to over eat each time! There was a great range of options from freshly cooked omlettes to pastries. This was also the first hotel in the GCC that served pork, a definite bonus in my eyes!

On the whole, I really enjoyed my stay here and would happily recommend it to anyone. Especially as the staff were extremely friendly and always happy to help!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
J_LombardKnight, Assistant Front Office Manager at InterContinental Regency Bahrain, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
Dear YiyanEvans,

On behalf of the entire team at InterContinental Regency Bahrain, we would like to thank you for your wonderful feedback with particular regards to the service and facilities of the hotel; it was indeed our pleasure to be of service to you throughout your entire experience.

Please do not hesitate to contact us prior to your future stays in order to ensure all your preferred preferences are adhered to and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Jennifer.Knight@ihg.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (278)
  • Arabic first
Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 9, 2013

I stay regularly at the ICH Regency Bahrain as a weekend escape from Saudi Arabia. The staff are brilliant they could not be more helpful and friendly. I always use the club lounge facilities which are top class. As with any hotel issues arise but these are always dealt with quickly and without fuss. I recently had free upgrade to the imperial suite which was spectacular and the size of a medium bungalow. All of the rooms are clean, well finished and serviced. The epitomy of a 5 star hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Dear David R,

On behalf of the entire team at InterContinental Regency Bahrain, we would like to thank you for your wonderful feedback with particular regards to the outstanding service and hospitality by our team; it is indeed our pleasure to be of service to you on each and every occasion throughout your entire experience.

Dubai
Reviewed February 4, 2013

The overall quality of this hotel is five star, but therefore have decided to deduct some point for the following. Here is my review based on our recent stay there;

Room - we stayed on the 4th Floor. It was nice, the bathroom was a 10/10 and gave you all the amenities that you needed for your stay, the extra large shower head was 10/10. Bed and pillows 10/10 the only gripe that I had there is that the TV needed to be a little higher as it is impossible to watch it from the bed as it was a little low. The lovely touch screen lighting and internet access 10/10. Here is my biggest issue and that was that the outside window was totally tiny, it mean that there was limited natural light coming into the room 5/10. If you like diet drinks such as Coke Zero or Diet Coke or Diet Pepsi they will not be in your mini bar so you will have to ask.

Breakfast - we had breaky each day in the selections cafe as part of our room. It was okay and had a good selection of food to choose from. The oddest thing about the place was the seating, it really needs to be bigger and more spread out, I dont want to feel like I am eating at a food court (2/10). The staff however were great and they remembered our names and order from the previous day (10/10).

The bar ( cant remember the name of the place), it was good, a bit overpriced but okay. It is a product of Dubai but I cannot stand smoking in the bar area. We did eat in the non smoking area but it is right next to the bar. Came home stinking of smoke as we are Aussies it did not suit us, but would be okay if you smoked.

Reception staff - Were excellent, the only thing I found unusual was that when serving us upon check in we were constantly interrupted by people calling the reception for things so therefore our checkin was delayed.

Spa and pool area - it was a lovely area, and the gym had all of the equipment that was needed.

Limousine service - We used the service to pick us up at the airport and drop off to the hotel. They were waiting for us at the airport even though our flight was very late and customs was a total nightmare, and they guy was lovely. The car was clean, and there was even a bottle of water in the car for us to have a drink. It was a lovely touch as it had been such a long flight.
Room service - we were going to order some room service but it was really expensive when you add on service charges and also tax.

I would stay here again it is a lovely place so close to the markets in right in the middle of town.

Room Tip: I am not sure if they have rooms available with bigger windows, but I would ask for them. There is...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
J_LombardKnight, Assistant Front Office Manager at InterContinental Regency Bahrain, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Dear Chicko2075,

On behalf of the entire team at InterContinental Regency Bahrain, we would like to thank you for your wonderful feedback; as it was indeed our pleasure to be of service to you throughout your entire experience and extend our sincerest gratitude for your constructive feedback within other areas of the hotel.

York, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 2, 2013

I chose this hotel due to the very positive views on TA and it fulfilled hopes and expectations in every way. It is in an ideal position opposite the Souk and Bab al Bahrain, the gateway to the City. Reception staff were outstanding, extremely pleasant, helpful, efficient and caring particularly when our luggage went adrift for a day. All requests were carried out quickly and enthusiastically. Rooms are spacious and ours had a good view over the city, a comfy bed and a generous array of quality products including comb and toothbrush which proved handy in our case. The pool is nice enough though the pool bar area a little forlorn and uninteresting. Restaurants looked high quality though we had pre-booked dining reservations elsewhere so did not eat in-house. All in all the Regency Intercontinental is an excellent choice for anyone wanting to stay in Manama for business or pleasure.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
J_LombardKnight, Assistant Front Office Manager at InterContinental Regency Bahrain, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
Dear mrstraveller1,

On behalf of the entire team at InterContinental Regency Bahrain, we would like to thank you for your wonderful feedback with particular regards to the outstanding service and genuine hospitality by our Front Office team and locality of the hotel; it was indeed our pleasure to be of service to you throughout your entire experience and extend our sincerest gratitude for your constructive feedback within other areas of the hotel.

Greater Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I stayed for 3 nights in October on business. Took the paid upgrade to use the club lounge, and had my meals there except for the first night. Rooms were modern and clean, and the staff very friendly and attentive. The bed was comfortable with good quality linen, and good towels too. Great location for the business district I needed. Would definitely stay there again on my next trip to Bahrain.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear benmychree,

On behalf of the entire team at InterContinental Regency Bahrain, we would like to thank you for your wonderful feedback with particular regards to the Club InterContinental Lounge and locality of the hotel; it was indeed our pleasure to be of service to you throughout your entire experience.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed January 28, 2013

More than just a great hotel for me..their staffs are very nice, warmth with excellent hospitality, not to mention helpful and to mention few of them Aqeel, Lito, Jefferson, Marissa, Cherry Rose, Rica, gentlemen at the concierge and reception desk (oh shame on me I forgot their names). The room that I got was spacious with a king size bed, complete bathroom amenities, coffee station with mini clay jug to steep my tea and my room was immaculately clean! What more could one ask for? Corners of elevator are decorated with live lilies and the fresh smells live up your spirit all day. Cannot help not to smile all day and night as I love lilies so very much. When i was at mezzanine floor for an event, I was greeted by every staffs and even from those who are just happened to pass by (Gisele is one of them). The experience during my entire (albeit short) stay was so amazing! So looking forward to come back here for a longer stay soon.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Velarie,

On behalf of the entire team at InterContinental Regency Bahrain, we would like to thank you for your wonderful feedback with particular regards to the outstanding service and genuine hospitality by our team; it was our pleasure to be of service to you throughout your entire experience.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed January 23, 2013

The consistently excellent service from the personable staff in the Club Lounge brings me back to this hotel each time I travel here. Agnes, Krestine, and Listha do an outstanding job to make me feel comfortable as I relax in the lounge during breakfast to start the day and to unwind in the evening during happy hour. Kamila and Benson make check in and check out easy on the seventh floor. Kamila will even help you with your Russian vocabulary. The gym in the health club has just enough machines and wieghts to keep you active on business travel and is always clean and neat. The housekeeping and service staff are polite and friendly. I like the entire hotel while I am travelling on business, but it is the personal service in the lounge that keeps me coming back.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
J_LombardKnight, Assistant Front Office Manager at InterContinental Regency Bahrain, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Dear Matt M,

On behalf of the entire team at InterContinental Regency Bahrain, we would like to thank you for your wonderful feedback with particular regards to the outstanding service and genuine hospitality by our Club InterContinental Lounge team; it was our pleasure to be of service to you throughout your entire experience.