InterContinental Regency Bahrain
Ranked #1 of 136 Hotels in Manama
Reviewed May 6, 2011

Intercontinental hotels are expensive without Added value. Do not do it. It is old and the location is on the highway that is so noisy.

• Stayed: March 2011
1  Thank mustantm
Write a ReviewReviews (1,691)

Reviewed April 30, 2011

I stayed for the first time after the refurbishment in April 2011. The stay was for business purpose and we were lucky to have gone there when they ran a promotion for GCC residents. BHD 50 all inclusive per night. Even though the occupancy was low due to current circumstances the service was excellent. Staff was very courteous and friendly most importantly similing faces. Just that the phone instruments have not been changed and hence not working properly.

Location was perfect and the price was total value for money. Would recommend them to run this promotion for some more time so that travellers get used to the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2011
Reviewed April 22, 2011

Due to its central location, we are a regular guest since 1997. We missed the excellent service; staff willingness to help and keep the guest happy always. After one year of restoration, this was our first visit and loved the freshness of room, extra security measures for guest safety, great breakfast, Italian meals and superb service. We really loved it.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 17, 2011

Stayed in Intercontinental hotel during my business trip to Manama, Bahrain. Friendly, welcoming atmosphere. Competent, friendly staff - I was feeling safe in spite of state of emergency in the country during my stay there. Everything I needed for my meetings was arranged inside the hotel: they have several meeting rooms. Dining in 3 different restaurants, relaxing in the evening in the bar, while listening to live jazz band- a perfect end of each day. The hotel has recently undergone a renovation, so everything is brand new - starting from my flatscreen TV and all the furniture to all the latest gadgets that my room was filled with (I could charge my laptop while it was locked in a safe box and listen to TV news under the shower thanks to loudspeakers installed in bathroom). All in all, it was a productive journey to Middle East and a remarkable hotel experience with Intercontinental.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank FealRus
Reviewed April 17, 2011

This was my first visit to Bahrain.
And I had no idea what to expect. My company booked me a room in the Intercontinental hotel. Arrived to Manama late in the evening and the hotel arranged airport pick-up, friendly driver. I was amazed by the entrance- a beautiful lobby. Being tired after my flight, I was happy the check in went smooth. They told me the hotel was just reopened and I could see! The whole stay was perfect, friendly staff, good breakfast & great room. The bar Downtown has an amazing band! The hotel is in the city centre and everything is a walking distance so after my meeting I went to the market, and to taste the atmosphere of Bahrain bought some spices and fabrics. Looking forward to stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank BCDtravel
Reviewed April 16, 2011

I was not expecting this after renovations, it is a brand new hotel.
The rooms are very good and the Italian restaurant MEDZO is perfect for a quick business lunch.
In the evening I went for a drink in their bar with Live entertainment, it was nice
Had an amazing spa treatment and a swim in their health Club; if you are in bahrain, stay at the InterContinental

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank LebBusinesstraveller
Reviewed March 4, 2011

My experence staying at this hotel found the staff was very friendly and helpfull from time of check in to check out. Food at the resuturants was exelent

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends