“Overpriced hotel for what I paid”

The Diplomat Radisson Blu Hotel, Residence & Spa
Ranked #9 of 132 Hotels in Manama
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
“Overpriced hotel for what I paid”
Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel for 3 nights and my evaluation will be as follows:
1. Clean hotel with big room but the view was not that nice as my room was facing the diplomatic quarter and they didn't give us the sea view.
2. Breakfast was not included in the price though its not a cheap hotel
3. USD 240 per night is very high price and you can find better hotel and location with the same price
4. Location is average and it's 10 minutes by car to the city center mall but the area of the hotel itself is dead and don't expect to have a walk around the hotel
5. Check out took more than 25 minutes
6. The cars key cabinet was left open with no security at night and I had to talk to them about so I don't lose my car

I think next time I will consider better options

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Ahmad Z
GM-RDBlu, General Manager at The Diplomat Radisson Blu Hotel, Residence & Spa, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Dear Ahmad,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on tripadvisor on your recent stay at the hotel. I was disappointed to hear that you did not see your stay offering value for money. Our prices fluctuate according to time of the year and you may be able to find a lower price in the near future. Being away from the husstle of the mall is considered by some guests to be an advantage considering the tropical ambiance in our swimming pool area and the kids corner catering to our younger guests. I have addressed the issue of the opened key cupboard with the team however I can assure you that it is never left unattended.

Please feel free to contact me when next in Bahrain. I sincerely look forward welcoming you back and convincing you on our strengths that many or our repeat guests enjoy over many years at the Diplomat Radisson Blu Hotel, Residence & Spa

Kind Regards
Panos Panagis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Geneva
Reviewed October 12, 2013

The hotel has everything you want, but you will forget it quickly. It lacks soul. A typical 5-star with all the amenities including a landscaped pool. It appears aged, however, and could do with a make-over. That being said, it is clean and well-maintained. Spot on in the diplomatic area, it is close to major embassies and the UN. Don't expect anything exciting within walking distance though. There is an area with good Japanese, Thai and French restaurants, but you will have to take a car. All in all a good hotel, if only they wouldn't freeze it down to Nordic temperatures. In contrast to the furnace heat outside, the temperatures inside hardly reach 20 degrees. I wore a sweater half of the time. Even after shutting down completely the AC in my room, the mercury climbed to 22 degrees only, due to the overpowering airconditioning in the rest of the building.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Weltenbummler2007
Dear Weltenbummler2,

We apprecitae you taking the time in offering your thoughts on your stay at the Hotel. I was disappointed to hear that you did not find the hotel having any soul. The greatest pride we have is the sould in the friendliness of the staff something that a lot of our guests comment on. Like any other hotel in Bahrain one would normally require a vehicle in moving even at close vicinity to the hotel. It seems though that the hotel temperature was not well controlled during your stay and thanks to your comments have adjusted our airconditioning accordingly. Perhaps when you are next visiting Bahrain you could contact me directly to ensure that I and the team manage to change your opinion of our property.

Kind Regards
Saudi Arabia
Reviewed September 30, 2013

I stayed there with my family (02 kids)...the rooms were not upto the standards and i can presume them to be that way since the hotel is quite old....The SPA was good, especially the therapists !! The plus of this hotel was a seperate ladies only Pool, Spa and Sauna !!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Nahskan,

Firstly let me apologize for not getting back to you earlier. I had at the time read your comments and appreciate your effort in offering constructive feedback about your stay. I was pleased to see that you have enjoyed your time at the ladies spa. In regards to the rooms we are in the near future looking to refursbishing some of the rooms. However the hotel has also rooms that have been renovated in the recent past. Please contact me when next in Bahrain in order to show you around the number of other options that we have to offer.

Kind regards
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I stayed at this hotel with 4 friends and some family members. The whole experience was lovely. The food was good, the rooms were clean and comfortable, the service was ok. The pool was lovely and overall the room prices were pretty good. We did have 3 in a room but we all had our own beds and there was still enough space in the room to walk around.

I would recommend this place and will be returning.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
GM-RDBlu, General Manager at The Diplomat Radisson Blu Hotel, Residence & Spa, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Dear Catherine,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at the Diplomat Radisson Blu Hotel, Residence & Spa. I have passed your positive comments to the team who were delighted to hear that you and your friends had a wonderful stay.

As rightly pointed our our rooms are the largest in Bahrain with floor to ceiling views and in combination with the friendly service that we are well known for, make an ideal getaway for a relaxing weekend or business trip.

I am looking forward meeting you in person when you are next visiting the hotel.

Crowthorne, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Stayed at this hotel to speak at a conference taking there. First class facilities and service. Took breakfast at the club as an upgrade and would do so again. Very nice pool area and lobby big enough to always have room for 1-2-1 meetings.

Room Tip: I'm not sure there are any bad rooms!!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Paul,

I was pleased to see your comments on tripadvisor on your recent stay at the hotel. It is always encouraging to receive positive comments from our guests.

We are also embarking on a project of redesigning and refurbsihing our Conference facilites that will further enhance our product in the near future.

I am looking forward to welcome you back to the Diplomat Radisson Blu Hotel, Residence & Spa.

Manama, Bahrain
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Food variety is excellent. Served fresh and absolutely appetizing. You could feel a care free atmosphere even there is a mixed fusion of nationalities. The band even its midday is enough to wake you up for more morsels. Next time we'll hit the bar at the lobby.

Room Tip: Choose the west wing wherein you get good view of Muharraq bay.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Jakealderete,

Thank you for taking the time on commenting on you recent visit to the Friday Brunch in the hotel taking place in the lower lobby combining our Italian and Asian restaurants with the pool area.

It is pleasing to hear that you enjoyed the food and service and our Food and beverage team is looking forward in welcoming you again to the brunch.

I look forward meeting you in person when next in the hotel.

Chatham, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Generally a good place with a couple of gripes. I was upgraded to a Royal Club room on the 10th floor. This was I assume a recent refurb. A well equipped room with big flat screen & a very nice bathroom. One point it also had UK style sockets which makes life easy for someone has as many gadgets as I seem to have these days is good. Food at the restaurants is good, the irish pub doing a great burger. The buffet in the main restaurant is tasty & a similar buffet in the same place does breakfast. The pool & bar area is excellent, I could have stayed there much longer but unfortunately work called.
The point that isn't good is the disturbance level. If your trying to sleep in the morning it is a pain getting room service knocking!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank tr7v8
Dear tr7v8,

We do appreciate you taking the time to comment on your ecent stay at the Diplomat Radisson Blu Hotel, Residence & Spa. It is encouraging to hear that your stay was overall positive. Although it has been a while I have at the time taken the issue of room service disturbing you early in the morning.

I am looking forward meeting you in person when next in Bahrain.