“Great Value for your Money”

Al Safir Hotel & Tower
Ranked #36 of 136 Hotels in Manama
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I came to Bahrain for the weekend with my family and stayed at Al Safir mainly to check out an apartment option in Manama that we hadn't tried out before, and I can safely say that when in Manama again, we'll definitely be staying at Al Safir for at least another weekend. We stayed in the apartment/tower building of the Al Safir complex, which is literally about twenty paces from the main hotel building, and has a lobby surrounded by two equally favourable and family/couple-friendly restaurants (an Italian place called Cucina, and a British pub). The check out was very quick and the staff were very decent; more than willing to help and always very friendly. The entire place was spotless, and we were very pleased with the room we received. It was an open, spacious, two-bedroom plan with very modern and comfortable furniture in great repair. No view, but then again, Manama doesn't really have any views... anywhere. We were conveniently close to many Manama neighbourhoods and restaurants, but on the other side of the city to the malls (i.e. City Centre, Seef, Mall of Bahrain, etc.), so all in all a reasonable location a ten minute drive from the malls on a day with good traffic. The hotel provides free transportation to the Manama airport, making the hotel option a great choice for overnight businessmen/women, and a buffet breakfast is included in the round hotel price for guests in both the hotels suites and the apartments each morning of your stay. While the buffet has no pork or alcohol, it offers a wide selection of fruits, starch, meat, and pastries; nothing astounding, but very decent nonetheless. Altogether, my family and I enjoyed out stay at the Al Safir Tower in Manama, and will recommend it to our friends.

Room Tip: We stayed in the apartment/tower section, which was very near the hotel, and two favourable restaura...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Stephen D, Director of Sales at Al Safir Hotel & Tower, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Dear Mr. Milly Jacobs,

Thank you for your valuable comments on your experience during your recent stay with us. I am happy that you have had a comfortable stay and we always strife to ensure our guests are made to feel at ease giving the family atmosphere.

WE look forward to welcoming you everytime you intend to stay with us and we will ensure you and your loved ones are treated like our extended family members.

Should you need any assistance from my end, please feel free to contact me.

With best regards

Stephen Daniel

Reviewed May 30, 2013

Good hotel. Breakfast was ok included in our price. Concierge Micheal was excellent and organised a bus to ferry 16 of us to a restaurant. Excellent for a quick escape from the sandpit. Bennigans (under hotel) was good value too.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I had the desk at Gulf Air book this hotel for me, as part of my 18 hour layover, en-route to Oman. It was a really nice experience. The hotel is very close to the Al-Fatih Grand Mosque.

The lunch and dinner buffet is delightful, and as a freebie, the hotel provides a free shuttle to the airport.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Stayed here when working on on a new NEXT in the new shopping centre in manama. The local people we were doing it for booked two of us in this hotel
it was the start of ramadan when we arrived.Dropped of at the hotel in middle of night,was not a problem staff very helpful,
we stayed in the hotel half a two bedroom apartment lounge and kitchen spotless buffet breakfast selsction was amazing and evening meals ,swimming pools massage tremendious

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel four times. The hotel is located in the Juffair area of Manama. It is very close to the Great Mosque. There are not many things of interest in the immediate area around the hotel other than the beautiful mosque, but everything is a quick taxi ride away.

This hotel is excellent value for money. In fact, I would go so far as to say that it is probably the best value hotel in Manama. The rooms are modern, clean, and comfortable. The hotel staff is friendly and very polite. There are a couple of restaurants and a good pub on the property. My only issue with the hotel is that their breakfast is not that good. I like this hotel, but I make it a point not to include breakfast add-on when I go there.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 3, 2013

We stayed here for a weekend break away in Bahrain. Whilst there are some good points to the hotel unfortunately service and facilities let it down considering the high price being charged for the rooms.
I will start with the positives. Firstly, it's in a fantastic location as it's right beside the grand mosque and near all the nightlife. There is an Irish bar and an Italian across from the hotel which is nice and convenient. The decor is impressive. The spa and indoor pool was pleasant. The breakfast was ok. Good choice but nothing terribly special. Staff were polite and friendly.
The negatives unfortunately outweighed the good. The biggest problem was that the outdoor pool was empty of water. We had no prior warning of this. There was an indoor pool but that wasn't much good for sunbathing and we had booked this hotel as it had a pool. What was really disappointing was that there was no arrangement with the sister hotel down the road so that guests could use their pool. I thought this was quite poor and we have suggested this to the management. Secondly, we found that staff were not particularly knowledgable about the local area. We were very disappointed when we booked a tour for 2 o'clock for nearly 120€ for 4 people and they made us wait around for over an hour. Needless to say we cancelled the trip but we were quite annoyed that we wasted our time waiting.
The cleanliness of the hotel left alot to be desired with dust being evident on the tables. Some lights and fixtures did not work which really should have been inspected before guests arrived.
There were no robes or tea and coffee making facilities as advertised per booking.com. This was quite disappointing for the price we were paying.
The manager did listen to our concerns and offered us a free transfer to the airport which was a nice gesture. This hotel could be fantastic if it adressed the issues I have raised above. I really felt it was overpriced for what we got.

Room Tip: The higher up, the quieter it is.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 30, 2013

The size of the room far exceeded expectations but that does not make up for their terrible service. My original booking was for 5 nights in the 2 bedroom executive apartment with my business associate. However, we checked out and changed hotels on the 3rd night due to the service. Upon check in even though the room was booked with a credit card reservation 2 weeks in advance that had no idea of my arrival and tried to put in the wrong room. After showing my reservation to the woman who worked at the front desk she then gave me the key to the wrong room 3 times and finally once she put me in the room I actually booked she told me that it was an "upgrade". The wifi did not work for the first two days even though it was inclusive in the room and they refused to do anything about it or give an estimated time on when it would be back up. If you're counting on bringing a visitor back to the hotel with you it will cost you 15BD which is a little over $40. The room was nice but also very expensive and it did nothing for the incompetency of the staff and horrible service. My advice is stay clear of this place.

Room Tip: Heard good things about the Ramee especially if you're working on the Naval Station.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business