“Last Stay Better”

Al Safir Hotel & Tower
Ranked #44 of 137 Hotels in Manama
Reviewed January 28, 2013

I have stayed at the Al Safir Hotel and Tower several times in the past. I have had nothing but wonderful things to say. This time it was different. I didn't have internet connection for most of my stay, shower water was at a much cooler temperature than before, and there was only one television channel i was able to watch. The staff of course are the best. That is one reason why I continue to come back.

Room Tip: Try using feather beds.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Stephen D, Director of Sales at Al Safir Hotel & Tower, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Dear Sir,

Thank you for oyur continuous support to Al Safir Hotel. I truly appreciate your comments and your feedback on your very recent stay with us. My apologoes for all that did not turn out to your expectations. I have taken up your valuable comments with the respective department within to overcome the shortcomings you faced and to ensure your next stay is as comfortable as your previous stay.

Thank you once again and look forward to meeting you during your next visit.

Stephen Daniel

Reviewed August 19, 2012

i stayed in this hotel only one night as a transit .
this stay was on 23-10-2009
it was very noisy hotel.
the night club sounds really disturb us and we can't sleep until they finish.
the room not good.
beds very small.
the bath is not luxury.
there is no enough soaps and shampoo and towels ,
food is quite good but not fantastic.
i think it is not good hotel for relax.
but it is good for business man who can sleep and then go to his work because it is in the middle of bahrain.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Stephen D, Director of Sales at Al Safir Hotel & Tower, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

We regret that your short stay with us has not been comfortable but since 2009, there has been various positive changes and upgrades ensuring guests comfort.

Reviewed July 13, 2012

i stayed here a couple years ago, so I can't comment on the current situation, but at the time, ours was excellent. Like some other reviewers we were put here by Gulf Air. I wasn't expecting much, so i was pleasantly surprised when we got to this hotel. From what I remember we were in the main hotel building on the second floor. We got a fairly spacious room - very clean, extremely comfortable beds, good-size bathroom and no problems with water pressure or noise. The only issue I had was that the bathroom was a little dark. The room itself had a really big window and was quite bright. We weren't here very long (maybe about 14 hours), but honestly, after such a long flight before and after, this was a really nice break. The food was also really good, just a little repetitive for some items (it was a buffet).

Stayed January 2010.

Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family

Thank you for your review and comments. There has been a major changeover in the property and we have made changes in the lighting in the bathrooms as well.

Reviewed March 27, 2012

Gulf Air had to put us up here for 12 hours after they cancelled our flight.
Our room was pretty basic, but big, & we had to call housekeeping to change the batteries in the safe so that it worked. Beds were comfy, bathroom & shower were good but quite a climb into the bath. I'm guessing we didn't have their best room as we were on a stopover.
The reception staff automatically deferred to, & spoke to, my husband, even though I visibly had both passports & money, ignoring me. That didn't go down well.
Bar was ok - again I felt that they weren't that used to women guests being in there, & it was quite smoky despite the smoking area being separated.
The restaurant was ok - we had 3 meals there.
The hotel complex has other restaurants in the grounds, & a nightclub.
Location wise - it is outside the main drag, but very near the Palace mosque, which is a fantastic building. Over the road is a nice coffee place & shopping arcade - its a very dusty place so be prepared.
Not the hotels fault, but Immigration at the airport was the worst & slowest I've ever known - we won't go back to Bahrain!

Room Tip: Good views from higher up
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ducatibabe

Thank you for your comments and review about our facilities and services. We regret if we have not been to your expectations but would like to assure you that there has been a great change form teh time you have stayed with us and now, the rooms are modern and a brand new ulift has been given to the Hotel. We do deserve anotehr change to change your view about your experience and certainly look forward to welcoming you once again to our Hotel and Bahrain.

Reviewed March 11, 2012

The hotel staffs are friendly and their buffet is average. One major problem with the rooms were that they are not properly sound proofed. I couldn't sleep well as the family next to my door was chattering all the time! Also you could here the throbbing motorbikes most of the time :(

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Alex A
Stephen D, Director of Sales at Al Safir Hotel & Tower, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

Dear Mr. Alex,

My apologies for not coming back to you earlier. We are extremely sorry for teh uncomfortable stay that you have experienced during your stay with us. In solution to your comment, we have recently completed a major renovation, changed all window frames into double sandwich glass which has controlled the sound coming into the rooms. With regards to the noise from teh nest door, we have placed an additional door between both rooms, to reduce teh impact on noice traveling to other room.

We hope you will give us an opportunity to be of service to you and we assure you a much more relaxing and comfortable stay this time.

Best regards

Stephen Daniel

Reviewed February 3, 2012

The hotel consists of 2 part: the hotel itself and a seperate appartment part. We stayed in the appartment part. It was simply amazing. Our room was huge, with 2 big beds, a couch, a flat screen TV, tea and coffee facilities and a fridge. The bathroom was not really big, but the shower was huge and very comfortable. Everything was spotless and inviting.
There is a car park in front. Staff is amazing and helpful. We could experience true arab friendliness. We also had lunch and dinner in the restaurant. It is served as a buffet. The quality was high with an amazing choice of dishes. Everything made was really fresh.
The grand mosque is in walking distance and there is a supermarket nearby. However, to reach the center you must take a cab. But the cabs are not expensive and it is a 15 minute drive.
When back in Bahrain, this will be our place to stay.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 4, 2012

While the Al Safir is a little old it does have a wonderful Arab charm and is passably clean (a smidge of dust, but such is the bane of housekeepers in the Middle East). The bed was lovely and the hotel was restful and quiet. Unfortunately the service was a nightmare. Check-in took 45 minutes, the receptionist took my ID for copies and though I was reluctant to let it out of my sight I agreed to let them photocopy it off-site. It took four hours and repeated requests for it to be returned to me. I also requested a power adaptor several times, but it never came. Check-out took 30 minutes. A lovely hotel, let down by staff.

• Stayed: February 2011