The Ritz-Carlton, Bahrain
$156
$99
Priceline
1,079 results
All reviewsplumstrader vicsprimaverathe club loungeprivate beachindoor poolindian restaurantguest relationsluxury hotelstandard roomkids clubamazing hotelsaudi arabiaspecial thanksseef mallnirvanaflamingos
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 17, 2010

I brought my wife and daughter to the Ritz with me and was excited to share what I knew to be the best service and pampering in of any hotel chain. I have stayed at two other Ritz-Carlton, both in the States. Here I had to wait in the Lobby for a half hour, I was early but said we would just go get lunch, they person at the desk said it would only be a minute. We got to the room and it was a shoe box, with a view of the air conditioners. I did get a good deal on this hotel rate, but the Ritz should treat all their guest like stars, I did not see this. The food was not that good, and very expensive even for the Middle East and I think even for the Ritz. I guess I was just disappointed as I wanted to share the experience Ive had with my girls. Just go to Dubai if you want a Middle East Wow vacation.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Ingermany
Reviewed March 11, 2010

Although not the youngest hotel in the city, certainly still the best - by far. This is the place to meet the local high-society. Lobby worthy of a top grand hotel. Luxurious furniture and outfit everywhere. Very good gastronomic choice. One of the cosiest cigar bars I know. Nice beach access and pool. Large fitness club. Small downside is the inconsistent service, but typical for this region, with staff from various nationalities. Big downside is the price of internet access (ca. € 30 per day).

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed February 7, 2010

This was my first time in a Ritz hotel & was very excited about my stay but left feeling a bit dissapointed and was glad to be going back to my self service apartment in Bahrain.
On arrival the Lady at the desk was not very helpful she gave us our key card without telling us where our room was located or even the room number. luckily a member of staff noticed we were lost and helped us to our room.
When we entered the room we noticed blood stains on the bed sheets (Not a very nice sight) we called to get the sheets changed which were about half an hour later.
Later that evening we went for a walk along the private beach which was lovely i decided to get my camera out and take some pictures of Manama skyline.. A car pulled up with security I was asked what I was doing with my camera and what I was taking pictures of I told them the skyline view but they demanded to see the pictures on my camera which I thought was very rude!!! I undertsand the security levels in the Middle East but I thought this was uncalled for. He told us we must not take any pictures of Mechanical areas. So be warned its probably best you dont take pictures. why would you want to your only on Holiday!!!!!!
Prices are very expensive & I have to say I would not stay at a Ritz hotel again especially the Ritz in Bahrain!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank lukey2911
Reviewed January 30, 2010

You can enjoy being there big time. The private beach, great food, best location and lovely staff. Don't miss the Cigar Lounge, Trader Vic's Restaurant (it has the best Bar in Bahrain).
Don't miss the club lounge with a great sea view.
The Spa is good but Diplomat Radisson BLU has the best Spa in Bahrain.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 1, 2010

We would highly recommend this hotel as a Christmas getaway - great alternative to Dubai :-
+ temperature around 75-80 each day, so not too hot
+ nice breeze so won't get sticky
+ only good hotel with a beach (plus an island which is part of the hotel with beaches and v large pool so lots of places to hide)
+ quiet so not over run (lots of gulf originating visitors so you feel you are getting away rather than moving to little Brighton)
+ service impeccable
+ food excellent
+ 20 mins drive from airport (can't hear it)

No it isn't an attractive building externally but none of the city hotels are. Landscaping makes up for it as does quality of interior.
We visited other five star hotels in city whilst here and we suggest you don't use them, Ritz far better. Noise of traffic around pools and number of business occupants/people visiting from other local countries to over indulge on availability of alcohol here) at this time of year don't make them attractive.

If you do go at this time of year, be aware that it starts to get cool around 3pm so sunbathing often stops then, they eat after 9pm and have late lunches so very quiet 3.30 to 8.30 pm (even shopping malls empty then) - though there is a heated indoor pool and spa here to help pass time then.
At the time we went it was much more expensive than London (clothes and food) - the hotel has Italian (Primavera - not tried), Trader Vics (asian plus big bar, liveliest on island so can be pick up joint but still fun), Mediterranean (make sure you don't do buffet night, plentiful but you have to eat a lot to get value), steak (Plums) - £140 for a steak each, two glasses average wine and two coffees and Indian (Nirvanah, £140 for two course indian meal with sides) restaurants. If you want to eat out there is a group of good restaurants in the Adliya distict - everything here and quite good. Lots of food court restaurants in malls so you can eat cheaply.
Room spotless every day, lovely lobby for relaxing after sun cools, with snacks/afternoon tea.
If female remember to pack clothing that covers shoulders and chest - and the Bahrainians at this time of year dress as if it is winter as cold for them, so lots of trousers, boots, jackets - no summer dresses, shorts etc, even though it feels warm to us. I took summery strappy clothes and felt I couldn't wear them as would stand out like a mad/disrespectful english girl. Men wear trousers and shirts - it is very much a five star hotel so don't dress for Magaluf.
Not masses in Bahrain in terms of sightseeing (mosque, fort, water/fun parks, soukh, markets (go early pre 10am) - you'll need taxis to get everywere but they are easy to get.

Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple