“Normal Hotel”

Golden Tulip Bahrain
Ranked #43 of 137 Hotels in Manama
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Good Hotel near almost everything , room clean but old furnished ,stuff are rude going in and out without saying anything or welcoming you just keeps staring at you.
Internet is very expensive per day.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed January 31, 2013

A fair feast of seafood.The crab took a little too long to arrive.The " Sports bar " is a step back in time and beer at 3.4 BD normal price, very expensive.Was a bit surprised to be charged 5 BD for a tot of brandy after the meal. Be careful.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 20, 2013

I used to stay a minimum of 50 times here. It is an average business hotel in the heart of the capital city manama. Placed between Diplomatic area and city center, the property is well located. They have started renovation and that is satisfactory. The carpets are all gone. The sleep is nice. Have a medium sized pool with pool parties in the weekend. Access to city and restaurants is in good reach.

Room Tip: Pool facing rooms in the second floor is a better option.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Spent The Day In This Hotel, 25 December 2012 With My Wife, Daughter And Grandaughter. A Wonderful Time Was Had By All.
The Buffet Selection At Lunch Was Superb And Washed Down With Free Flowing Wine.
The Staff Came Out With Father Christmas And Sang Carols, Hats Balloons And Crackers Were Distributed And Father Christmas Visited All The Children With his Festive Sack.
All The Staff Were Very Polite And Could Not Do Enough For Us.
Should We Visit Bahrain This Year Christmas Day Will Certainly Be Spent At This Hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I selected this hotel from the following four reasons and stayed for one night.
1. There's "welcome and send off" service
2. Breafast is included
3. There's a Japanese restaurant named "Kei" in the hotel
4. Location is good (in down town)
I arrived at Bahrain International Airport from Doha at 13.00. Beside the arrival gate, a driver was holding a plaque board with my name on it. It was for the first time in two years. After checked in the hotel, I took late lunch at Kei and went out for sightseeing. When I came back from town, I took dinner at Kei again.
In the next morning, I visited World Trade Center (WTC) which has 42 floors, and is 286m high and the tallest building in Bahrain. I asked a reception people for me to go up to the top of the building (42F of West Tower), and I could go up with a favor of many people after passing some security sections. Around 40 minutes was necessary to get admission. It was my biggest event in Bahrain and I appreciated them so much. After that, I went to the airport by a hotel mini bus.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 25, 2012

I heard a lot of great reviews of this hotel from my business colleagues. However, I must say that I was not impressed. The rooms are nice and clean. The pub on the first floor has good service, good selection, fun atmosphere. Besides that, I can't find anything positive. Negatives: (1) they sell the "executive package" which I took and includes free internet, cocktails and canapés, and full breakfast. My flight left at 5am, so the breakfast was out of the question - no big deal. I wanted to print out my boarding pass, but when I got to the "free internet", I found it was in the executive lounge, and all the computers were being used. What a pile of hooey is that? (2) When I got to my room, I plugged in my adapter (that I have used for the past 6 mos. or so in many countries), and there was a huge spark and all the power in the room went out - I later saw a huge black mark on my adapter and MELTED part of it! I have no idea why or how this happened, but business travelers know that if their computer blows, they are up @*#( creek without a paddle. When I told the management about this, they apologized and gave me a replacement adapter. (3) I asked for a 2:00am wakeup call for my 5:00am flight, but they didn't call. When I (thankfully) woke up myself and brought this to the attention of the desk staff, they did not seem the least bit concerned, and when I mentioned the adapter incident, they said they knew about this but it was not the hotel's fault. (4) On the way to the airport in their shuttle (ok that is another positive), I told the driver I would not be staying at their hotel again unless it changed. He went off on me, telling me that he is only a driver and he has no control over what happens in the hotel. I would think he would ask me to give them another try, or say he would bring my concerns to management.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 26, 2012

I was not so sure when I first heard of the brand/ hotel. The business partner had booked me a room. But it turned out quite okay. In fact, I would rate it as average-2-good.
Unlike most other hotels I have seen, this one was in stark contrast for the boisterous lobby it hosted.Saudi nationals pass over to the city over the weekend for a few gulps is what I was to gather later.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business