“Very below average”

Ranked #42 of 132 Hotels in Manama
Amman, Jordan
“Very below average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2012

I stayed at this hotel on a business trip for a week.
Room was clean. Nothing fancy or exciting.
The TV channels were limited but ok.
However, the room was very noisy from 8pm until after 2 am everyday. Forget trying to get some sleep especially wednesdays and thursdays. The hotel has a variety of night clubs ,some which bring in the wrong crowd.
I also noticed that the room opposite to me had placed a tray of unfinished food outside in the hall and that remained there for 2 or more days.
Very close to a shopping strip and cafes which is a bonus.
The breakfast buffet was one of the worst I've seen in my life the variety is very very limited and the food is not tasty. Your better off eating outside at one of the nearby restaurants.
Upon checkout I was asked if I might have "mistakenly" placed a bath towel in my bag to which I replied "No" and that the day before the housekeeping guys only put one bath towel instead of 2.
They made a few phone calls and returned to insist that each room has 2 and I told them to go check my bags. I was held up for a few minutes and then they said I can go. The bath towels they had in the hotel were not even a quality which was worth thinking of taking.
Overall, It wasn't the best experience at all. I wouldn't book there again unless it was a matter of urgency.

Room Tip: Ask for one at the top floors and furthest away from the nightclubs
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
5 Thank Hussein A
Hemantsharma123, Director of Sales at Ramee International Hotel Bahrain, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Dear Mr Hussein
Greetings of teh day !!
Please accept our apologies for such inconvenience caused to you due to noise from the outlets. With we have noted your feedback regards to limited buffet breakfast and not up to your expectation, this has been shared with respective teams and this has been looked into and there is marked change in our breakfast layout and selection. We have noted other points as well and we have done few changes in our internal processes to ensure our guest does not such inconveniences.
Once again we sincerely apologize for all this uncomfortable stay. Please do email me whenever you plan to visit us and we shall be happy to make your stay better and comfortable

Best regards

rameeint@batelco.com.bh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Arabic first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2012

Hi All,
OK I will try to cut it short for you. Internet connection (good), for fun, 5 different places, a disco, a sports bar, rock bottom with live music and two stupid places (one indian and one russian). When I first arrived (10 min max away from hotel) they upgraded me to junior suit which made my day, then there is a 24 hours cafe in the hotel ground floor, but forget that, 2 min walking away from the hotel a street full of restaurants and cafes many of them 24 hour. American Marines base is near there which keeps the area alive. All in All, it is an amazing place to me, and I am going there again and again. By the way, the bed and rooms are clean and I posted some pictures for you to see. The price is very reasonable

Room Tip: The view is not that good anyways from anywhere, and the rooms has locked windows (you can't ope...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
6 Thank fhaddad75
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2012

To me when I travel for business I don't mind little fun. This hotel is amazing, first when I booked the hotel online surprisingly booking.com took the money immediately so I was surprised, but once I reached there everything turned to be amazing. First I reached the hotel by 9:00 AM and they checked me in with no issues, moreover the front office upgraded me for a junior suit which made my day. The hotel is located near a street 2 min walk and has lots of restaurants, the best thing is that mist restaurants are 24 hours which means I can't ask for more. On top, the hotel has a 24 hours outlet. The hotel also has 5 entertainment outlets, one is Russian bar (nothing much) then the Indian bar, then the sports bar with some ladies to pick up. The disco also with ladies to pick, and the Rokys which is the rock bottom located at the back of the hotel. The airport is a 10 mIn drive and the hotel is just amazing. One small problem I think they need to work on, the Internet is a little annoying cause it keeps disconnecting. The rooms are spacious and I posted some pictures for them and the rooms are clean. The whole experience was just great and I think I will always go there. There is an American base next to the hotel and the hotel is near to the industrial area where all the business basically is happening

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank fhaddad
Sandefjord, Norway
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2012

I stayed at this hotel again when I was back in Bahrain for work.
Some years back did I stay there several times, so to get a hotel I knew from before was easy compared to what has opened of new hotel in the Juffair area since last time I was in Bahrain.
The hotel was just like it was last time I was there, except for the breakfast and the construction going on next to the hotel.
The construction next door is it little the hotel can do with, they start work at 5.30 in the morning! But this was no problem for me as I had to get up around that time.
Worse was it with the breakfast. Here the hotel has lost a lot. The choices was at a minimum, and the service from the waiters was poor. There was no water or coffee/tea for self service!! And I was asked 3 times out of 16 days if I wanted coffee or tea!
Internet access at the hotel cost more than it is worth. Sitting in the room trying to get connected with the world wide web was hopeless. The access was falling out almost every 5 minutes. So every time it was needed to log on to the hotel network again, before a new connection to the wanted site could be done. With the prices the hotel charges, was it cheaper to get a pre-paid USB dongle from Batelco and a connection that worked all the time. Yes, they have free Wi-Fi in the reception (and in It's Trendy if you're lucky), but who wants to sit there working??
Another thing that is not so good is the laundry service. They say it should be delivered back same day, for me they missed on one out of two deliveries. And with terrible specified price list, there is a difference on a long sleeve shirt and a t-shirt, was the laundry bill huge!
Anyway, I should be a little bit positive also.
Some of the service offered by the hotel staff was excelent. This was especially in the bar "It's Trendy" and "Rocky's Cafe" (ex Rock Bottom).
All in all is Ramee Int'l a good hotel if you don't have any plans for vacation, just gonna have a place to stay when you're at work.

Room Tip: Ask for room above 5th floor to avoid any noise from the entertainment outlets, Also now with cons...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank toojens
Hemantsharma123, General Manager. Group Sales/Mkt at Ramee International Hotel Bahrain, responded to this review, May 26, 2012
Dear Mr TopOlaf
Thank you very much for staying with us and being so regular to our Hotels. Thank you for your feedback which is very much appreciated. We would like to apologize for the inconvenience you had to go through at our coffee shop during breakfast and internet service being bad.

This is being shared with respective teams for corrective action and you have our assurance, you will find things really improved on your next visit. May we request you to please do write your feedback to us again

best regards
worthing
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2012

I have stayed in this hotel twice now and find it comfortable and quiet as it is out of the way. There is a great night club with live music downstairs but the entrance is round the back so there are no drunks or hookers in the hotel lobby. Maybe the other reviewers are getting it confused with the Delmon!!!!!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
4 Thank David D
Hemantsharma123, General Manager at Ramee International Hotel Bahrain, responded to this review, March 31, 2012
Dear Mr David

Thank you very much for your positive review of Ramee Intl Hotel, we appreciate it.. We as Ramee Group of Hotels operate 10 properties here in Bahrain and have 38 properties in Total under our Group in Middle east & India. Some guests happen to choose wrong Hotel at times for their stay without even knowing what all facilities or restaurants are on site and then writes reviews which does not portray the Hotel in correct way ,we always try to provide best possible services ,that does not necessarily mean we are perfect ,there is always continuous efforts to improve upon customer feedback directly received or through reviews.
Kind regards

Ramee Group of Hotels Bahrain
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2012

I stayed in this hotel twice in last 3 months and trust me the experience is not amongst the best. Hotel will provide with free pick up and drop facility but no flexibility. What I mean by flexibility is that I requested the hotel staff to pick me from a place ( for the drop to airport) which was on way since I will have meeting there and I can directly board the cab from there but these guys flatly refused. I have nightmare of my life since my meeting streached beyond the time and still I have to come back and board the cab from hotel as my laguage was lying there and I was about to miss my flight.
Rooms are spacious compared to other hotels in the region. Hotel staff is not so friendly and if you talk about the restaurant staff (@ the breakfast), they will treat you as if you are residing there for free.

Overall I will rate this hotel as average since its situated in the area where you can walk around for shopping and most of the malls are in 10-15 minutes driving distance

Room Tip: Ask for room on floors starting 4th and above since on other floors you may get disturbed with the n...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Hemantsharma123, General Manager. Group sales/mkt & e-commrce at Ramee International Hotel Bahrain, responded to this review, March 15, 2012
Thank you for your feed and please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused. We do understand how important the business meetings are and at times goes beyond scheduled time
We have noted the feedback about the breakfast and have taken required steps to ensure such thing does not happen again.
With regards to the picking you up from the meeting Venue to the hotel and then dropping you to airport is something possible which needs prior and timely information with respective hotel to have it arranged, since our transport personnel would be busy with pre committed airport transfers that would resulted in all delays.
We earnestly hope that you would give us another opportunity to serve you in near future.
Kind regards

Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2011

I stayed in this hotel with family and had a good experience as compared to the bad remarks mentioned in some of the reviews. The rooms are very well sized, the clealiness was excellent, the staff was really good and helpful, with out any greedy looks for service provided. The music system noise was not at all disturbing to the guest rooms. All the bar rooms were very well noise-proofed. The swimming pool size is addequet for 10-12 guest in one time. The restaurant service is fantastic and food preparation is very tasty. What else we should expect from the 4 star hotel during a short and economical stays. If the stay is for longer period than 5 days and if one can afford , then I suggest to select Resort services.

Improvement suggestion: The reception area shall be redisigned to improve the impression about the Hotel.The reception area shall be improvised with good interior , by best utilizing the large available area.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family