“Very nice but too noisy”

The Juffair Grand Hotel
Ranked #39 of 137 Hotels in Manama
Reviewed June 28, 2013

I have just spent 5 nights at the Juffair Grand and have enjoyed my stay. I wanted a bit of R&R in the sun, so this hotel looked a good choice.

I had a superior room on the 5th floor, which was huge and very airy, it was well equipped and had a very comfy bed.

The lobby was nice, large with comfy sofas and wi-fi, which was a bonus, though for some reason I could not get on the internet in my room.

From reading the reviews I knew that nightclub noise was a persistent grumble, so I specifically requested a quiet room - and was assured that the 5th floor was quiet. However, that is not the case and we could hear the banging music from the in-house nightclub every night.......fortunately, the air con kind of muted the sound, so I slept really well but it was still really loud and at 39 years old, I am hardly an old codger!

The rooftop pool was lovely and I enjoyed my chilling there - I was the only one up there apart from the odd half hour on a couple of the days.

The staff were nice and friendly and apart from the noise at night, this hotel is really good.

I would stay here again, but will ask for a higher room next time.

The other bonus is that it is just a short 5 min stroll to 'The Strip' where there are bars and restaurants galore!

Had a good break in a nice hotel.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Sujay U, Director Operations at The Juffair Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Dear guest,

We appreciate your taking time in writing us your comment.

We are glad to know that you had enjoyed your stay with us and we apologize that the room given to you was not quiet enough. Thank you for bringing this to our attention and we will ensure that on your next stay, we will be giving you a nice room on higher floor so that you will entirely relish your break-away with us.

We regard our guests with high importance and we ask you to please continue in providing us your feedbacks so we can improve further our services and facilities.

We are indeed looking forward to serving your hotel accommodation needs in the near future.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

I stayed here for one night on business. The room was well equipped, and the price was extremely good through Booking.com. There is a good sports bar, and a nightclub downstairs which I did not visit, but unfortunately I could hear after I went to bed.

The service was fine, and the breakfast was ok as long as you don't need pork.

There is a taxi rank outside the Hotel which is very handy indeed, as taxis in Bahrain are not plentiful like Dubai.

Room Tip: High floor to get away from the noise of the Wrangler nightclub,
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Sujay U, Director Operations at The Juffair Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2013

Dear guest,

Good day from The Juffair Grand Hotel!

Thank you for your time and your comment in connection to your latest stay with us.

On behalf of our team, we are sorry that we were not able to meet completely your expectations from us. We had noted your feedback and we will be using the same to further enhance our amenities and facilities for better guests' services.

We hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you better.

Please feel free to contact us if we could be of further assistance on your future hotel accommodation needs in Bahrain.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

we stayed in this hotel for the F1 and it was a great place to stay, nearby bars and loads of restaurants. This hotel is great and there is no reason to make any complaints. Yes there is a little noise from the club but you would have to be a weirdo to have it impact your ability to sleep. We had a second floor room so it couldn't have been louder anywhere else. The rooms are clean and have all you need. We hired a car just down the road at an Avis and that it was really easy to get around with no Sat Nav and driving had no issues at all. When you come to fill the tank at the end of the day you won't need more than a fiver as it's around 20p a litre. Overall had a great stay in Bahrain. Wear what you want everywhere is much more relaxed than the guides make out. This city is going to be a must see place when the construction around the Marina is complete.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Dear guest,

Warm greetings from The Juffair Grand Hotel!

Firstly, we appreciate your taking time in giving us your constructive feedback in connection to your recent stay with us.

We are glad to have contributed positively during your visit to Bahrain and we hope to accommodate you again in the near future.

Please feel free to get in touch with us anytime if we could be of further assistance with your hotel accommodation needs should you be visiting Bahrain some time soon.,

Respectfully yours,

Reviewed May 22, 2013

I stay at the Juffair Grand because my company has an excellent discount with the hotel. Therefore, for me, the hotel is a terrific value. I like the hotel very much. The rooms are spacious, modern, very clean, and nicely maintained. The "Champs" sports bar on the 1st floor is very comfortable, one big open room, a bar across the entire length of the back wall, tables, pool table, and good bar food. Face it, so many of the hotels in Bahrain are complete "meat racks". You'll meet the girls in Champs but it's much more relaxed and not "in your face". The staff is excellent... especially Phoebee. The hotel is in a great location. Our Friday morning American breakfast at Ric's is just around the corner. A block South of the hotel is a community area of shops, coffee, outdoor tables, a cigar store, an ATM, and a grocery store. Just North of the hotel is another fun bar... the Dublin. The big hotels and all the hubbub like Exhibition Rd is a short cab ride away. I have no reason to go anywhere else... it works for me.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

Dear guest,

Good day from The Juffair Grand Hotel!

We appreciate your time in completing our survey regarding your latest stay with us.

Thank you so much for your uplifting comment and this will inspire all of us to unstoppably offer our best service to all our guests. Phoeeby and the rest of our team will be looking forward to your visit with us in the near future.

Please get in touch with us anytime should you be requiring hotel accommodations in Bahrain.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

The location is excellent and within walking distance to markets, places to eat. There is DJ music for those that want to enjoy night life. The diners is also good place to dine. The staff is very helpful, and understanding. There is a outside pool on an upper floor where you can relax, (no crowds) I will stay there again and for any westerners it is easy to stay and with the convinence of feeling at home.

Room Tip: ASk for a upper floor room 4 and above to get away from any noise
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Sujay U, Director Operations at The Juffair Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Dear guest,

Warm greetings from The Juffair Grand Hotel!

We thank your for staying with us during your recent visit in Bahrain.

We really appreciate your positive feedback and this will inspire the team to continue giving our guests best service at all times.

Thank you once again and please feel free to contact us anytime on your next travel to Bahrain.

Respectfully yours,

Reviewed March 10, 2013

There is a disco open until 2 am every morning. Impossible to have a good nights sleep.

The internetr is 28 BD a week about £56, and it is useless, dropping out and very slow speeds.

The restaurant is very pub like with massive Sky Sports and MTV screens competing, the food is average pub grub, nothibng to write home about.

After working 12 hour shifts, you need a decent nights sleep, and need the internet to keep in touch with home.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else or ask for a room on the 8th floor to avoid the disco noise
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Colin R
Reviewed February 25, 2013

This isnt the best hotel I have ever stayed in but not the worst either and it is good value for money. I could not fault the staff who were very pleasant at all times and helpfull. The compaints related to the levels of noise from the disco. We were on floor 3 but could still hear it. We were also given a smoking room which I waas not happy about. appart from that its a good hotel with good food and service

Room Tip: choose a room above frool 5 + insist on a non-smoking room
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Sujay U, Owner at The Juffair Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for completing our customer feedback in connection to your recent stay with us.

It was indeed our pleasure accommodating you during your visit in Bahrain.
We are sincerely sorry, on behalf of The Juffair Grand Hotel team, that your stay was not according to your expectations but we will ensure that your comments will be helpful for enhancing our facilities and services.

I look forward to be given a chance to serve you better on your future travel to Bahrain.