“Great Place!”

The Juffair Grand Hotel
Ranked #39 of 137 Hotels in Manama
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I spent $ 387 for 3 nights! (double) Big nice bed! 6th floor - very quiet!

All was perfect - great room service!

Yes, BaHa'rain is pricey for FUN! CHAMPS sport bar... $7 to $8 for beer!

Other entertainment is way OVER priced!

I will go again as I am near in KSA!

ps - Breakfast Buffet was not included ( I thought it was) so I did it the 1st morning... NOPE, just average at 4.5 $BD!!

pps - Pluses! short walk to street with many strip mall style food joints! And "Ric's" was close too....

SEE my other post on this place!!!

Room Tip: I was on 6th!!!!!!!!! "Mafi Mushkala" !! (no problem)
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed April 8, 2012

Picked this simply due to position reasonably near airport and price having flown in from Best Western Bangkok and wanting to break the trip to London for 12 hours to get some sleep and a shower. Cost 6 dinar in a cab from airport but when we arrived were offered a lift back that night. Assumed they would forget but sure enough when we checked out we were given a lift in the Hotel minibus. Room was very nice and for a short stay everything we wanted. had a meal via room service and again no complaints.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank BIGFOOT3333
Reviewed April 3, 2012

I don't think I have ever rated a hotel poor before but here goes nothing!

Well check-in at the desk was quick and easy (the lifts need key card access which is good for security - you can only get to the first floor bar without this). Anyways off to the room we went and I have to say it was a lovely room (505) but there was one problem - a conjoining door...ugh I hate those things I am always wary and never trust them! we rang down to reception to complain and were told no problem we can get you another room so they sent us up to i think 810 we were thinking woohoo a higher floor nice one since we asked for a high floor to begin with! We opened the door and oh my goodness really!!!! there were no windows at all!! none, nothing! These rooms were kinda built in the middle of a corridor? there were other rooms on each side of the hotel and then these plonked in the middle like they just thought sod it we have enough storage rooms let make these into bedrooms, they were really like attic rooms with no windows...how would I know when it was morning? lol we rang and complained again only to be told they had no other rooms at all (lies the hotel was in no way full). We ended up having to go back to dodgy door room one :(

Dont get me wrong it was a lovely room with loads of space, corner windows, flat screen tv, lots of storage, a fridge, safe, hangers, iron (leaky), ironing board, the bathroom was clean with toilet, huggggge mirrors and a big shower which held the heat well - the pressure was pretty decent too.

The next thing we could hear voices and thought huh? where are they coming from there were no rooms after ours and it wasnt coming from next door, we looked out the windows and it wasnt anyone outside or from the club or anything then we realised it was super bad in the bathroom and we finally worked it that it was the man in the room above us, seriously he may as well of been in the room with us it was that bad but what could we do they had no more rooms blah blah blah!

The first night we were there we went to champs bar in the hotel and had a few drinks and some chicken nachos which I highly recommend seriously they are good! we then headed down to wranglers downstairs as it was ladies night (ladies drink free) so we ordered ours drinks....had to pay for both!! I ordered a bacardi it was mostly a glass of alcohol with a dash of lemonade yum but no yuk there is no way on gods earth it was bacardi, I agrued with the barman he showed me the bottle I told him I dont care bottles can be refilled it was disgusting and I drink bacardi all the time! so we left there (I still necked my drink before going waste not want not haha).

We went somewhere else where ladies actually did drink free and as it was my bday I got free shots too woohoo...note hotel didnt care that it was my 30th bday they did noting special whatsoever!!

We got an ok sleep that night as we came home at I dont know when o clock after apparently eating a KFC that I only know about because my friend the toilet had share the next morning :( I know im gross but I was sick so there lol.

That day we went to champs again for breakfast (well lunch you know hangovers) I had a club sarnie with chips and my hubby had some other gigantic sandwich with every meat possible in it....they were ok nothing special, the fries/chips were over fried and hard, the bread was nice, the tomatoes were ridiculously thick like they thought awk sure cut the tomatoe into 4 slices and shove in the bread there, we left a lot of food...the coke was nice but it was from a tine afterall lol.

We went out and came back to the hotel later to get ready for another night out. Room had been cleaned and restocked which is great. We went to champs bar again to meet up with our friend so we could head on somewhere else....I went to the loo and as I walked down the corridor I though wtf my eyes started to water and my nose stung like crazy, I got back to our table and my friend went and asked the dorrman whats up...apparently there had been some trouble nearby with protests and the teargas that was used had all blown into the hotel, so all the doors were shut and we were advised to stay in the hotel/bar (they could of told me this before I went for a wee) Anyways we ended up having dinner there at about 11pm - as there was 3 of us we shared chicken nachos, chicken bites, chips with curry sauce - all of these things were nice even the curry sauce which I normally dont like, I do have to say that Champs is probably the best thing about the hotel, nice staff, decent prices, and open round the clock basically - plus they do frys with real pork/bacon!

So we stayed there til around midnight our friend left and we thought oh well up early to drive back to saudi in the morning so off to bed we went and that was it off to bed but no sleep from the thump thump thump of the nightclub and we could hear women in other rooms cackling like witches...also someone must of ordered some onion filled room service because all of the corridors on our level stunk to high heaven. We tang down to reception and they told us that the nightclub shuts at 2/3am and it would be quiet then....great 2 to 3 hours of noise no proper sleep for us!

The next morning we were completely shattered, didn't have breakfast because on check in no one actually informed us where they served breakfast incase we wanted to buy any! We waited on our taxi and checked out - it was quickonly because the staff cant be bothered holding a conversation with anyone.

We stayed here one time before and it was friendly in fact the last time the staff couldnt be any more helpful, quiet (higher room), clean/smelt nice, proper drink in wranglers downstairs bar and plently of rooms that didnt have joined doors!! now its a bit less personal, staff don't care and don't want to help and we will defo not be staying here again, we will go back to the Diva hotel where we usualy stay and won't mind paying that wee it extra.

This is at best 3* hotel!

Room Tip: At least try and get one with windows haha - and one high up!!
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
bestwesternjuffair, Webmaster at The Juffair Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing BEST WESTERN Juffair Hotel for your recent stay in our area. We are especially pleased that you choose to celebrate your birthday with us and our best wishes are with you.

Thank you for giving us such a detailed review, it is very much appreciated. Upon receipt of your review, the following actions were taken:

· Management was approached about the conjoining door in the room assigned to you and a discussion was held about what could be done to make our valued guests feel more secure in rooms with such doors.

· Chanmps received our commendation.

· We have taken a very serious note of all the feedback given to us and the concerned departments and the outlets and steps have been taken to ensure that the incidents like such do not reoccur.

I hope that the next time you visit, you will once again choose to stay at BEST WESTERN Juffair Hotel. We take our reviews very seriously, and I think you will be greatly pleased with the steps taken and assure you that you will have a wonderful stay with us.

Reviewed February 14, 2012

The front desk people are careless, rude and dont help you at all.

I had major internet problems in my room. Instead of trying to solve the problem the front desk staff kept delaying the issue and did nothing about the issue. They have no technician in the hotel and they call one every time there is a problem and he comes after 2 -3 hours.

The bad thing is the front desk people keep telling you someone is coming in 2 mins and have no sense of customer service.

Also the rooms are noisy and several things didnt work in my room like TV remote, safety box etc.

Will not recommend even though location is in a party zone.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank vishal100delhi

Dear Guest,

• We have reviewed our entire Front Office, Maintenance and House Keeping response systems and standards and steps have been taken to ensure situations are better handled.

• We deeply regret the inconvenience this has caused you , we assure you that you will never experience this ever.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at BEST WESTERN Juffair Hotel. We take our reviews very seriously, and I think you will be very pleased.

Reviewed October 15, 2011

Good, clean and modern room, nice bathroom, good size bed and room. I booked by phone and when I checked in, I confirmed that 50 BD was for double occupancy and included breakfast. Next morning, they tried to stiff me for breakfast, saying there was no record of my rate being inclusive. After a twenty minute argument, they relented - but without much good grace. apart from that, a good hotel.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Jim1959

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing BEST WESTERN Juffair Hotel for your recent stay in our area. I am very pleased that you liked your room and bed and that you found the bathroom to be a nice one.

Thank you for giving us a review. Upon receipt of your review, the following steps were taken:

• The manager was notified of the nice things you said about the hotel.

• Staff members received additional training in the courteous, honest manner in which they are to treat you, our valued guest.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at BEST WESTERN Juffair Hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed October 13, 2011

Very friendly and helpful staff, from the curtesy shuttle pickup at the airport to the front desk upon arrival. Hotel is about a 5-10 minute walk to the Naval base, shops, grocery, restaurants and clubs and a short taxi ride anywhere else you want to go (may I suggest trying the BamBu restaurant, about a 3BD taxi ride). Rooms were very large, clean, bright and the hard wood floors kept the room very cool. The hotel itself has a few clubs and bars located on the lobby and 1st floors that can get pretty loud after sunset. I was also very pleased that the hotel offered me a late checkout and to lock up my bags for me, since my flight wasn't until later that night. Overall, this was a great hotel and I look forward to visiting again.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Navywife3619
Reviewed October 13, 2011

Stayed for two nights on my way to Saudi, Booked on line all reservations and airport pick up was smooth, Rooms very large and bright .location was very good , a whole lot of restaurants and supermarkets were at walking distance. The hotel has some very good pubs and lounges.
Great value for money for me.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business