“Very loud, big rooms, clean”

The Juffair Grand Hotel
Ranked #54 of 132 Hotels in Manama
berlin
“Very loud, big rooms, clean”
Reviewed August 4, 2011

I was staying at the hotel for 2 nights. The rooms were big but not very nicely furnished, the bathroom was dirty with black mens hair.
In the ground floor of the hotel are two clubs so you hear the beat of the music in the room. at two in the morning people leave the club and scream, cars honk and it's very hard to find sleep.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
bestwesternjuffair, Webmaster at The Juffair Grand Hotel, responded to this review, September 17, 2011
Dear Guest,

• Management was reminded of their responsibility to see to it that our valued guests remember to be thoughtful of their fellow guests.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at BEST WESTERN Juffair Hotel. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
Lecco, Italy
Reviewed August 1, 2011

I went at the Juffair hotel in November
The interior of the hotel is very nice.
The hotel has a good party & conference hall. The business centre is quite useful & has all the essential features.
Inside there is one Pub and outside there are two disco club.
The rooms are fantastic and alwais clean.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
Kesgrave, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 29, 2011

Stayed here late July and found the staff very friendly, and the room was superb, in both decor and size, with a double bed, a single bed and a desk to work from, with additional seating in front of the window. The gym facilities are a bit lacklustre, although probably enough weights and machines for the casual gym goer. I wouldn't want to be in the gym with any more than 4 or 5 people though, as I could see it getting somewhat crowded with more, and a real health and safety risk. The pool area only had a very small number of chairs, so with just a few guests there would not be any seating left. The pool itself was extremely small, enough room to paddle but not to reallly swim. Watch out for the internet, which was in my view extremely expensive at £10.00 per 24hrs and a very poor quality signal. I tried to Skype from the hotel room and was met with constant dropped connections. The noise from the club on the ground floor on the first night was ridiculous, the windows were virtually shaking the bass was so loud, and I was on the 3rd floor! I didn't try the breakfast so cannot comment, but I did try Champs Bar on the first floor, where I had a very tasty meal and good quality drinks. On balance I would probably not stay here again simply because there are other hotels in the same price range with, in my view, better facilities.

Room Tip: Top of the hotel away from the noise.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing BEST WESTERN Juffair Hotel for your recent stay in our area. I am glad that you found the staff to be very friendly, I would have expected nothing less.

• The staff members were notified of the nice remark you made about them and received our commendation concerning the courteous manner in which they treated you, our valued guest.

• The pool staff was approached about the possibility of adding more chairs.

• Management and the club operators were approached about their responsibility to remind our valued guests to be thoughtful of their fellow guests.

Singapore
Reviewed May 15, 2011

The hotel was chosen and paid for by an employer...thankfully as it is not what I would have chosen.
The staff are average, the rooms are average...so generally it is average...
I asked if there was a restaraunt and they said it was on the 1st floor....and went down and found it to be noisy bar.....very smoky outside...and incredibly noisy...hence chose room service.
Suprise suprise the food was average too!

Room Tip: Stick to high floors!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank peterhone
Webmasterbestwestern, Webmaster at The Juffair Grand Hotel, responded to this review, July 14, 2011
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. It is very much appreciated. Upon receipt of your review, the following steps were taken:

• Management was approached about the possibility of removing the odor of smoke from restaraunt. I offer my own apology for this sort of thing.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed May 10, 2011

With Best Western you know what you're getting - an inexpensive but decent room. The I was in was good sized, clean, and comfortable. There is a grocery and various restaurants within 5 min walk.

The nightclub and pub downstairs are lively and will provide a distraction after work if you're ok to belly up at the bar with military types. I am very glad I heeded advice of other reviews and avoided the second floor - the bars on the floor below are noisy.

The complimentary breakfast is simple and tasteless but functional - beans, hotdogs, some fresh fruit and cereal with a cook on hand for eggs to order.

The wireless internet is for a fee (and expensive at that) and is TERRIBLY slow. I don't mind paying for Internet but only if it won't take 15 seconds for each email to load!

Overall, a modest but comfortable stay.

Room Tip: Avoid the second floor above the nightclub.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Pomacentrus
bestwesternjuffair, Webmaster at The Juffair Grand Hotel, responded to this review, August 27, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing BEST WESTERN Juffair Hotel for your recent stay in our area. I am glad that you found it a modest but comfortable stay.

• Maintenance was notified of the problem you encountered with the slow internet connection and instructed to look into the problem.

MUMBAI
Reviewed November 15, 2010

Stayed at the Juffair hotel for 4 days in October hotel
The interiors of the hotel are quite nice & this hotel is located @ Juffair which is not so promising area

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Texas
Reviewed September 26, 2010

Arrived in Bahrain at 1AM and planned to go straight to bed. Unfortunately the only rooms available were on the 2nd floor. Do your best to say higher. The Wrangler night club closes at 2AM. The clubs subwoofers are so loud it shakes rooms on the 2nd floor. The rooms are very nice and much larger than even American style hotels. The bathrooms look out of place compared to the bedrooms. They are small, somewhat dated, much cheaper looking.

The hotel is near a street that has numerous american restaurants that cater to the nearby US Naval Base - Fudruckers, KFC, McDonald's, Starbucks, Hardees, etc...

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing BEST WESTERN Juffair Hotel for your recent stay in our area. I am glad that you enjoyed the nearby American restaurants.

• The nightclubs were approached about the possibility of lowering their volumes.