“Clean but loud”

Ranked #39 of 131 Hotels in Manama
Middle East
“Clean but loud”
Reviewed April 23, 2012

We stay here often when we come across from Saudi for the weekend. The best thing about the hotel is the bar downstairs, fairly clean rooms and the reasonable price. Having said that, all of the rooms have been smoked in and front desk staff aren't overly friendly. Unless you stay in a top floor room, you have no chance of a good sleep due to the nightclub downstairs. The parking situation is good, though. It's included with your stay and the lot is guarded. We haven't seen hardly any ladies of the night, which is unusual for most mid-range Bahraini hotels. One problem with this hotel has been that both my husband's credit card and mine have been compromised after booking through their website. This has happened more than once to my husband so we're quite certain they were the source of the leaked info. They've also lost our reservations twice. I would look around before choosing this hotel.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank WitraB

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Arabic first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed December 25, 2011

. Stayed in this hotel on my regular gallivanting trips across the border.

This is a hotel where most clients (especially on Thu night - coming across the border) are here for R&R. There is nothing to attract such clients (including myself) to this hotel except for the bars down stairs and a place to "crash" after drinking.

The rooms are clean but they are not exactly four stars.

SanjanaS; I am actually surprise that your employer will actually book you into such hotel. If you are on a business trip, you (or your amployer) should consider better hotels such as Ritz Carlton, Gulf or Novotel. Yes, it is for security reason that your employer should book you on better hotels. Then you will not get the stare you complained about. Baisan is certainly not a hotel for a single lady. Please do your home work in future when you travel to a city that you are not familiar with and that include cities in North American, Asia and Europe and not just in Bahrain. Once again, i am really surprise that you or your employer will actually book you in Baisan on a business trip.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank hwt61
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed October 26, 2011

It was the worst hotel ever! I was traveling for work, and unfortunately had no clue that a 4 star hotel could be so bad, so gave my receptionist the go-ahead.

I didn't have time to visit the bars or relax, this was purely a business trip. I needed clean rooms, good food and room service and a place that felt safe.

I got none of the above. The neighbourhood is sketchy, and as I stepped out of the taxi, there were some men there who looked like it'd been a while since they last saw a girl. They looked like hungry animals and it freaked me out! I stayed inside my room when I wasn't out for meetings. I ordered room-service and the food was atrocious. The breakfast at the restaurant was also terrible.

The music was loud and played till late at night and the thumping music reached me all the way till the 7th floor, so a good night's sleep was out of the question.

The worst part about this hotel was that I didn't feel safe.
The hotel caters to a different kind of crowd, if you know what I mean.
Cleanliness and good food are not important to this place.

I would advice that no one stay there, but I know it caters to a different kind of crowd.
So be warned if you're not one of them.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
7 Thank Sanjana S
manchester
Reviewed February 6, 2011

After reading the mixed reviews of this hotel I stayed in this hotel for two nights with a bit of apprehension but have to report that from what I saw it was fine.
I made the hotel booking on the Ramee website and it was a lot cheaper than the usual hotel websites so its worth going there first.
I drove to the hotel and was glad to see plenty of room in the car park opposite, as parking in the centre of town can be difficult, its a bit potholed but very useful to have.

Check in was easy enough and we were in the room within 5 minutes, we had a room on the sixth floor which was clean, looked liked it had been refusbished recently and was ok, the TV has a selection of 10+ english tv channels, the bed was very comfy and the shower good with a nice selection of toiletries. There was some minor noise from cars beeping their horns, but in the centre of bahrain I guess thats unavoidable, didnt hear any nightclub noise & the AC was nice & quiet.

One disappointment was the health club/pool as it closes after 1PM on a Friday ( seems a bit weird ) and this policy should be reviewed as its obviously inconvenient for the guests.

As for food theres a great western bar downstairs called warbles which has excellant food ( including pork products ), drinks ( which are a bit expensive but this is Bahrain ) and a great male / female band from canada. The only other place I tried the food in the hotel was the room service which was average ( it would have been nice to be able to choose some food from the warblers menu downstairs, not sure why they dont do this )

Checkout was a bit slow ( 10 mins ) as we had to wait for the room to be inspected..something that needs looking at.

Overall no complaints, maybe I was lucky in the room I was given but will definitiely be going there again so lets see...

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Melbsteve
Doha, Qatar
Reviewed February 1, 2011

Okay where to start I booked the Baisan hotel without doing my homework, I remembered the bar below from a previous visit and thought it should be okay.

At check in I requested a quiet room as I was told some rooms can be noisy. Unfortunatly we had to dash off before seeing the room we had been allocated. When we returned I relised that we had a smoking room that we had not requested it stunk. Management changed the room to another on the 5th floor, at nine oclock the music started, we had a terrible nights sleep with an early rise the next day.

Room three was okay on the quiet side of the building and smelled clean.

Overall I would not stay here even if it is a resonable price there is plenty of options available in Bahrain just do your homework which I did not. It is not a four star hotel maybe a two/three max. It seriousl needs a re-fit.

Positive was the bar down stairs excellent service and food we will return to Warblers again.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Changmaisausage
Darwin, Australia
Reviewed November 26, 2010

Absolutely not worth considering this dump!

We checked in in the afternoon and went to one of the restaurants to have dinner and some drinks in the non-smoking section. Other guest came in and smoked in this area. We have a six month old baby, and when I approached the manager about the issue he informed me that I have to live with it, because it is the "busy" time!

Then the real fun started. We went to our room and when we got there the disco music was so hard that we could not even hear the TV (We were on the 4th floor). After two calls to reception, where they told told us that the music will stop at 2am, we must just be patient! Then they offered to change us to another room, but it was close to midnight by that time. After numerous more calls we decided to check out at 2am.

The reception demanded that we pay the full amount before giving back our passports, even though we did not get any sleep!

PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS HOTEL!!!!! YOU WILL NOT GET ANY SERVICE OR REST FOR THE MONEY SPENT

AVOID, AVOID, AVOID!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
5 Thank Saudivic
Riyadh
Reviewed June 11, 2010

The hotel is conveniently located in Bahrain. It is a few minutes drive from the manama center.
The rooms are good and you have all the services you would need for a weekend travel. The competative rates easily attract travellers.
Located in exhibition road it has proximity to shops you would like to visit.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends
BahrainHemant, General Manager.Group Sales/mkt & e-commerce at Ramee Baisan Hotel Bahrain, responded to this review, July 3, 2010
Dear Mr Anand
We are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay at Ramee Baisan Intl Hotel .Thank you very much for your reviews. hope to see you again, just to keep yopu informed we have fully renovated our Warbler,pls do make a visit when ever your are here.
best regards