We arrived in Manama at 8.30am after a 7 hour overnight flight. When we arrived at the Novotel we were informed that the hotel was full the previous night and no-one had checked out as yet. We went for breakfast and returned to reception within the hour to be told that a suite had become available and we could have that at no extra cost.
Although we were in Bahrain on business we did not want to stay in the city centre. We stayed at the Ritz-Carlton in November ’06 which we found so false that we did not wish to return. The Novotel was a perfect choice.
The rooms were very spacious and had everything you could need (although I had to ask for extra coat hangers).
Out of the 3 restaurants in the hotel we only ate at one – Zytoun. It was a buffet style lunch and dinner, offering a good choice in salads, a different soup each day, lots of different main courses plus a ‘special’ each day, followed by so many different deserts. Breakfast was good – especially having a fresh omelette made upon request. My only complaint was they did not have any ham or bacon – only beef bacon. Service in the restaurant was a little ‘hit and miss’. Mostly very good however on our last day we asked twice for some coffee with our breakfast and got totally ignored. Also the ‘head waiter’ needs to be a little more professional and stop telling his staff off in front of guests. They could be a little slow in taking drinks and clearing plates but overall it was ok.
The hotel bar has to be visited at least once – but not for the drinks !! They have a male ‘singer’ in the evenings who has to be seen to be believed; awful … painful ... lifeless ... out of tune … does not know words … The good thing about the bar is the view, so when the weather warms up I suggest you sit out on the balcony and take in the view of Manama rather than listen to the ‘music’.
The hotel beach is really good. Ideal for children although no lifeguard. Very sheltered and shallow. The pool was excellent – large for a good long swim, a shallow end for the kids, a separate kids pool and a nice warm Jacuzzi. There was a lifeguard standing at the poolside when anyone was in it.
Looking back on any little problems we had there they would certainly not put us off returning to this hotel on our next trip. Excellent if you don’t want the busy noisy city, airport or Ritz-Carlton. We would totally recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beachside luxury 4-star hotel, combining leisure facilities and business district convenience. Hotel features an outdoor temperature controlled swimming pool with a hot tub set, a private beach, a fitness center and spa and a free business center. Seafood and catch-of-the day fish specialties are served at La Perle Restaurant, while Zytoun Grill offers international delights buffet with Arabic touch. Live sport and cocktails at Bellevue panoramic bar overlooking the Arabian Gulf, open until late in the evening. Novotel Al Dana Bahrain is 5 minutes drive from airport, Diplomatic and financial areas and City Center; the largest mall in Bahrain, one minute walking distance from Bahrain national museum and theater. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Novotel Bahrain Al Dana Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Al Dana Resort Bahrain Hotel Manama
- Novotel Al Dana Hotel Bahrain
- Novotel Manama
- Manama Novotel
- Novotel Bahrain Al Dana Resort Manama