“good first time”

Ranked #15 of 132 Hotels in Manama
Milan, Italy
“good first time”
Reviewed March 22, 2014

I went to Bahrain for the first time at the end of February and I choose this hotel because it's very closed to the diplomatic area.
The rooms are very nice and I enjoyed the pub with the live band.
Breakfast buffet was very nice with a good quality and variety of food.
Unfortunately I didn't try the seafood restaurant because I stayed only for 2 days...

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Guest_Relations_CPB, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Bahrain, responded to this review, April 13, 2014
Dear Mr. Luca

Greetings from Crowne Plaza Bahrain!

On behalf of the management and the whole team of Crowne Plaza Bahrain, I would like to thank you for staying with us and for sharing your good review on our quality food and services that you have experienced during your stay.

We greatly appreciate that you took the time to share your opinion about us and your stay here in TripAdvisor as it is very important for us that our guests’ experiences are shared.

We look forward to having the pleasure of receiving you once again during your next visit to Bahrain and hopefully for longer period so that you have the opportunity to try out all our F&B outlets in order to make your stay experience even more memorable.

Should you require any assistance, please do not hesitate to email us on cp@cp-bahrain.com. Alternatively, you may email reservations@cp-bahrain.com for your booking requirements.

Priya Shankar
Marketing/PR Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Arabic first
Gurgaon, India
Reviewed March 21, 2014

The property is very nice. Only challenge is located in the Govt district and away from the malls and business areas.
The hotel otherwise has excellent facilities and the rooms specially the new wing is done very tastefully. Would love to visit again.

Dear Valued guest,

On behalf of the management and the whole team of Crowne Plaza Bahrain, I would like to thank you for staying with us and for sharing your good review on our quality room and services.

We do take pride in our location being placed right in the middle of the business district and at a same time just a 10 minute walk away from the National Museum and a 20 minute drive from the Bahrain International Airport and close proximity to the souq and other shopping malls.

Thank you again for your comments and we hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Crowne Plaza Bahrain soon to serve you on your next visit to Bahrain to make sure you will have the best stay experience with us and for us to try to exceed your expectations.

Priya Shankar
Marketing/PR Manager.
Reviewed March 12, 2014

I arrived earlier than the regular check-in time, however was welcomed regardless. The lobby is large and spacious, with an open plan coffee shop. My room seemed fairly small, and needed a good airing as it smelt of stale smoke. There was a tall but narrow window, which didn't open, otherwise I'd have tried to freshen it up myself. I don't think that I stayed in one of the refurbished rooms as it was quite dated.
Breakfast here was really good, and I had probably the best Indian meal I have ever had in Spices - totally recommend the tandoori lamb chops!
The pool area is pretty spartan. The gym is good, and there is also a decent sauna and steam room. Tracks Sports Bar above the gym was really stale and smoky - I'm a social smoker, and it was too much for me.
This hotel is in the Diplomatic Area, about 25mions from the airport. During my stay there were some demonstrations taking place in Riffa Park and Saar. There was a large police presence, which was reassuring, and I at no time felt compromised or unsafe.
I really appreciated the fact that when I called room service for a hot chocolate, the gentleman taking my order pointed out that this should be in with my tea/cofee making facilities. Sure enough it was, saving me about £3 - he even phoned back ten minutesd later to check whether my hot chocolate was ok!
I happened to stay from Thursday-Saturday, and I was witness to a traditional ex-pat Gulf brunch. I might have foregone breakfast and done this instead had there been anything promoting it in the hotel, but the first I knew of it was the chocolate fountain being set up, which I assumed was for a wedding/private function.... This went on from 11am-6pm, whith Euro-pop blaring out of Harvesters for most of the day. Great if you are involved, but not so great if you are a sober resident.....
The other thing that bothered me was the fact that I could not sit quietly in the hotel bar, having a cofee and reading my book and in a very inconspicuous spot without being accosted by Saudi men, over for the weekend. In the end I got fed up and made a hasty exit.
I would stay here again, as it is reasonably priced, however I would request another room.

Room Tip: My room, on the second floor, had a floodlight right outside the window. So if you prefer to sleep...
Riyadh
Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

Stopped here many times, the rooms have recently been refurbished and are great, problem the hotel has is the only main bar is full of smokers and there is nowhere to go and relax In A smoke free environment

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Blades6228
Qatif
Reviewed March 3, 2014 via mobile

I went for this hotel for 1 night only.
I arrived and the guy in front of the door for the for the valley parking saw me but he simply ignored me and no one offered help for arround 2 minutes. After that I had to call them by my self. Then the room was clean bathroom very small.room medium sized and very simple. I only say that they need to improve their services and to train their staff more on how to be nicer.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Alsinan
The Hague
Reviewed February 8, 2014

Always enjoy staying at the Crowne Plaza in Bahrain. Good location, great personnel. Excellent restaurants; 'Waves' for fish and 'Spices' for Indian cuisine (very friendly staff in this restaurant).
Excellent value for money.

Room Tip: Not applicable
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Guest_Relations_CPB, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Bahrain, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Dear Valued guest,

Greetings from Crowne Plaza Bahrain!

On behalf of the management and the whole team of Crowne Plaza Bahrain, I would like to thank you for staying with us and for sharing your good review on our quality food and services that you have experienced at the hotel.
It is valuable guests like you who make us 'want to' continue working towards our main purpose of business which is - guest satisfaction.

Once again thank you very much and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back on your next trip to Bahrain.

PR/Marketing Manager
Darlington, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 7, 2014

Some of my colleagues and I use the Crown Plaza Bahrain as a 'chill out stop over' when travelling into and from KSA. We have actually been going there for quite a few years.
The management have started a programme of refurbishment on the rooms, and have just recently completed one wing. I believe the plan is to continue refurbishment of the remaining rooms. The new look rooms are in keeping with the Intercontinental Group standards, and are really very nice. Not that there was anything wrong with the old style rooms.
The standard maintained in the main and seafood restaurants is as good as you will get anywhere else in terms of food quality and presentation. I can not comment on the Indian Restaurant as I have never used it.
The Staff are all very friendly, and are extremely helpful at all times. I shall continue to visit this hotel as and when I can.

Room Tip: Request a room with a view
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Mike M
Dear Mr. Mike,

Greetings from Crowne Plaza Bahrain!

On behalf of the management and the whole team of Crowne Plaza Bahrain, I would like to thank you for staying with us and for sharing your good review on our quality food and services that you have experienced especially on the newly renovated rooms, during your stay .

We look forward to having the pleasure of receiving you once again during your next visit to Bahrain and make it even more memorable.

Priya shankar,