I have a strong dislike of hotels - having spent almost six months of every year staying in so-called up-market hotels for many years. In fact I have whole list of "exclusive" hotels that I refuse to stay in. (I would love to post a list but don't want to get sued !)
I was dreading staying here in Bahrain at yet another hotel. What a surprise - I have actually enjoyed staying here. I can't believe it and I think my family will think I've lost the plot.
This must be one of the best hotels I've ever stayed in, I'm simply not used to hotel staff being so attentive to detail, so pleasant, and being proactive in my requirements.
The rooms are really comfortable, with a selection of different pillows available on request. Tea and coffee facilities and bottled water are in the room - plus all the usual stuff - gowns and room amenities. I would have imagined this as standard, but my recent stay in a five star hotel at double the price did not include these items.
I think the outstanding part of this stay will be very simply the attitude of the staff. They are superb - and I don't say this lightly, there is an "esprit de corps" where it seems that they understand that their job is to satisfy the guests.
In terms of dining, there's a whole selection of places to eat, but I never got beyond the main dining room, especially after last night when I had fillet steak that I could cut with my fork. The breakfast , lunch and supper buffets are amazing - just make sure you arrive hungry.
If you have to go to Bahrain - which on my first visit, doesn't seem the most inspiring place to visit, I can recommend this hotel without a problem.
And no - I don't work for, or know who runs this chain of hotels.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Crowne Plaza Hotel Bahrain with its 246 well appointed rooms and suites all with high speed internet access is the perfect location for the business traveler as it is within the diplomatic area where most of the banks and embassies are located and conveniently situated within 10 minutes of the airport. The Crowne Plaza Hotel Bahrain has a large business, conference and banqueting venue experienced in catering for all events and occasions. The Bahrain Conference Centre, conveniently adjoining the hotel is a purpose built venue that is undoubtedly one of the most versatile centers imaginable in Bahrain, whatever your requirements the Crowne Plaza Bahrain Hotel will ensure that your event will be a success. The Crowne Plaza Bahrain Hotel has a true understanding of taste. Our hotel guests are offered an array of dining delights from the elegant Waves Seafood Restaurant, an authentic and distinct flavours of India from Spice Indian Restaurant, Harvesters typical British pub with draught beer and pub food featuring live entertainment nightly, the La Mosaique All day dining restaurant with specialty evenings and Tracks Sports Bar where all the latest sports are broadcasted live on a large screen. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, IHG, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Crowne Plaza Bahrain reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Bahrain Hotel Manama
- Crowne Plaza Manama
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Bahrain
- Crowne Plaza Bahrain Manama