“Excellent hotel in the Diplomatic Part of Bahrain”

Crowne Plaza Bahrain
Ranked #15 of 132 Hotels in Manama
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Excellent hotel in the Diplomatic Part of Bahrain”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Stayed at the Crown Plaza for the Grand Prix. Excellent hotel with great service. Even though I was staying as a rewards guest. Breakfast had buffet but also made to order hot food such as Eggs Benedict. Only disapointment is that you can still smoke in the bars and the "infamous" house band never actually appeared in Harvesters while I was there.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Guest_Relations_CPB, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Bahrain, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Warm greetings from Crowne Plaza Bahrain!

We have read your comments about the hotel and we greatly appreciate that you took the time to write them, as our guests’ satisfaction is our main priority. We are truly glad to know that you had a great stay experience.

We have a spacious terrace overlooking the pool area attached to our bar and most of our guests take advantage of this opportunity to go smoke outside barring a few. We take your comments seriously and will
We are pleased to announce we recently acquired new members for the band and are now called the ‘Majors Revolution’ and quite popular with our guests.

I would like to invite you to Harvesters on your next visit to Bahrain to ensure that you do not miss the band. Please do not hesitate to email me on cp@cp-bahrain.com should you require any assistance. Alternatively, you may email reservations@cp-bahrain.com for your booking requirements.

Thank you again for your comments and we hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Crowne Plaza Bahrain soon to serve you on your next visit to Bahrain to make sure you will have the best stay experience with us and for us to try to exceed your expectations.

Marketing/PR Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Arabic first
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed April 16, 2013

The Crowne Plaza, Manama, Kingdom of Bahrain, is an enjoyable experience. The staff is what makes this hotel stand above all others in Bahrain. From the valet, to reception, to room service, to restaurant waiters and waitresses. All the staff is friendly, attentive, and willing to make your stay memorable.
There are three (3) main resturants serving outstanding items from around the world. Several bars (pubs) featuring live music and sports. The pool is enjoyable and its staff attentive for drinks, food, etc.
The spa/gym is the largest exercise facility I have seen at any hotel.
My stays are longer (3-7 weeks), a self-laundry facility would be a nice addition.

Room Tip: Club rooms are recently renovated. All rooms are quiet.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Guest_Relations_CPB, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Bahrain, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Dear Mr. Bruce,

On behalf of the management and the whole team of Crowne Plaza Bahrain, we greatly appreciate that you took the time to share your opinion about your stay and experiences with us on Trip Advisor. We very much value your positive review on our quality services and food that you experienced at our hotel.

We shared your warm and thoughtful appreciation of our colleagues with them which plays a very vital role in understanding and improving our ‘Guest’s experiences’ thus providing our guests the most enjoyable, comfortable and pleasant stay with us.

We look forward to having the pleasure of receiving you once again during your next visit to Bahrain and make it even more memorable.

Should you require any assistance, please do not hesitate to email us on cp@cp-bahrain.com. Alternatively, you may email reservations@cp-bahrain.com for your booking requirements.

Marketing/PR Manager.
St Cleer, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Stayed one day for a business stopover. Reasonable service, nice pool, good size rooms. I was lucky enough to stay on a Friday when there is a fantastic buffet lunch. Very pricey and can't compare to the 5* hotels.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Guest_Relations_CPB, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Bahrain, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
Dear Mr. Andy,

Greetings from Crowne Plaza, Bahrain.

We greatly appreciate that you took the time to share your opinion about your stay and experiences with us especially on the Friday brunch.

We take all your comments seriously and are pleased to share that we have plans to refurbish all our rooms in 2013 to ensure we are meeting the expectations of our international travelers.

Once again thank you very much and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back on your next trip to Bahrain.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Having just crawled off a seven hour flight, the hotel pick up was prominently placed and friendly; a short drive from the airport meant I was checking in shortly thereafter. The room was large and well provided for; a good night's sleep was had. Breakfast was standard buffet fare and horrendously expensive for what it was! The Harvester's Bar hosted a tight Phillipino band and was fairly busy, if somewhat lacking in atmosphere. As a short stay, the Crowne Plaza presented nothing to really complain about, but then again nothing overly memorable. A fairly neutral experience.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Bahrain, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Dear deMerclesden,

Ferdinand G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

It is good for one night only. Its location is good for business trips, because it is near to business offices and government head quarters. Do not expect a view or wide rooms.

I have stayed there several times. The club rooms are just renovated and modernized. Standard rooms are very old and lacks cleanness.

• Stayed September 2012
Dear Mr. Yolag,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent visit to Crowne Plaza in Trip Advisor.

We greatly appreciate that you took the time to share your opinion about your stay and experiences with us. We take all your comments seriously as these are vital for us to continue improving our accommodation, facilities and services in order to provide our guests the most enjoyable, comfortable and pleasant stay with us.

We are also pleased to share that we have refurbished rooms as recent as 2010 in our hotel and have plans to refurbish all our rooms in 2013 to ensure we are meeting the expectations of our international travelers.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I am very loyal to the Intercontinental Hotel Group brand and I booked into the Crowne Plaza in Manama Bahrain for a three day conference I was attending. The blurb for the hotel said it was adjacent to the Conference Centre, not true. My experience was that the staff did not have good local knowledge, the layout of the hotel is weird it has no lifts so you or the porter have to carry bags up three sets of stairs. the interior looks very dated but not in a good way. The swimming pool area is not at all inviting and the theme nights in the restaurant are very confusing. I don't want to sound too negative, the bed like all IHG hotels was very comfortable and I did get a good nights sleep. The breakfast was excellent and the staff pleasant.

Room Tip: Try not to be next to the motorway, choose City view.
1 Thank Brian C
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Bahrain, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Dear Brian C,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments online. I appreciate the compliments on the staff and the level of service provided. It encourages our team members to work even harder and consistently delight our guests. However, I would like to apologize for any inconvenience the hotel conditions may have caused you. Your comments will be forwarded to the ownership of the hotel to take into consideration for future upgrades. Thank you again for your review and we hope to have an opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
Gloucester
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I only stayed at this hotel for one night, and as I was staying on business I can't really comment on how good a location it is for getting to whatever there is in Bahrain, but it is definitely close to the airport which is a welcome relief when you are arriving on a late flight and in need of a good bed.
The hotel design is not like many in the region - it is a low ride building, and it has a mixture of a large and small hotel feeling. Some reviews say that this hotel looks dated, but I wouldn't say that the decor looks tired. I think the decor is intentionally styled in a classic way? Anyway, it all looks nice enough inside, there is a nice seating area/cafe in the lobby - can't complain about the service there. They even made me a banana milkshake as a post-training drink, even though it wasn't on the menu. Actually the staff throughout have been very good. particularly helpfulwas that I had checked out of the hotel early as I was meant to be working all day and going straight to the airport. As it happened, I finished early afternoon and ended up back at the hotel. Even though I had checked out, the hotel staff were happy to let me use the gym. This turns out to be a real plus point for the hotel as I will be returning to Bahrain regularly, and I always looks for a hotel with a good gym. The one at this hotel is excellent. I am struggling to find one piece of equipment that it was lacking, so most people who are into their weights or cardio should be happy here. There is an outside pool too, which seems pleasant enough, even if the view from the gardens is not great (you look out at a road bridge).
As for the rooms, they seemed to be pretty good. Was plenty big enough, nicely decorated in a modern (but classic) style. There was no view from the room, but I'm not one for staring out of my hotel room window. The bathroom was good too, with a large walk-in shower as well as a separate bath. Toileteries were Molton Brown too, so no scrimping on quality here.
All of the food I had here was to a good standard. Breakfast had a good variety and they also cooked a number if items fresh to order. I also ate the lunch buffet and that too was good. Probably my only complaint about the hotel - I had to go and find someone on each ocassion to sign for my food, but this is only a minor gripe. Another plus for this hotel is that it seems to have a lively bar within it. I heared a band inside and there seemed to be plenty of people going in and out. I was too tired to investigate though.
When I return I have no reason to look elsewhere. The staff have made me feel very welcome, and gone out of their way to provide good service. The hotel has all of the facilities I look for, it is clean, cormfotable and looks pleasant enough. I will be back!

1 Thank Keef74
Guest_Relations_CPB, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Bahrain, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear Sir,

Greetings from Crowne Plaza Bahrain!

On behalf of the management and the whole team of Crowne Plaza Bahrain, I would like to thank you for staying with us and for sharing your good review in detail on our quality food, rooms and services that you have experienced during your stay.

We greatly appreciate that you took the time to share your opinion about us and your stay here in TripAdvisor as it is very important for us that our guests’ experiences are shared.

We shared your warm and thoughtful appreciation to our colleagues which plays a very vital role in understanding and improving our ‘Guest’s experiences’.