“For a transit”

Crowne Plaza Bahrain
Ranked #21 of 134 Hotels in Manama
Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

It is good for one night only. Its location is good for business trips, because it is near to business offices and government head quarters. Do not expect a view or wide rooms.

I have stayed there several times. The club rooms are just renovated and modernized. Standard rooms are very old and lacks cleanness.

• Stayed: September 2012
Guest_Relations_CPB, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Bahrain, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2013

Dear Mr. Yolag,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent visit to Crowne Plaza in Trip Advisor.

We greatly appreciate that you took the time to share your opinion about your stay and experiences with us. We take all your comments seriously as these are vital for us to continue improving our accommodation, facilities and services in order to provide our guests the most enjoyable, comfortable and pleasant stay with us.

We are also pleased to share that we have refurbished rooms as recent as 2010 in our hotel and have plans to refurbish all our rooms in 2013 to ensure we are meeting the expectations of our international travelers.

Once again thank you very much and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back on your next trip to Bahrain.

Should you require any assistance, please do not hesitate to email us on cp@cp-bahrain.com. Alternatively, you may email reservations@cp-bahrain.com for your booking requirements.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

I am very loyal to the Intercontinental Hotel Group brand and I booked into the Crowne Plaza in Manama Bahrain for a three day conference I was attending. The blurb for the hotel said it was adjacent to the Conference Centre, not true. My experience was that the staff did not have good local knowledge, the layout of the hotel is weird it has no lifts so you or the porter have to carry bags up three sets of stairs. the interior looks very dated but not in a good way. The swimming pool area is not at all inviting and the theme nights in the restaurant are very confusing. I don't want to sound too negative, the bed like all IHG hotels was very comfortable and I did get a good nights sleep. The breakfast was excellent and the staff pleasant.

Room Tip: Try not to be next to the motorway, choose City view.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Brian C
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Bahrain, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Dear Brian C,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments online. I appreciate the compliments on the staff and the level of service provided. It encourages our team members to work even harder and consistently delight our guests. However, I would like to apologize for any inconvenience the hotel conditions may have caused you. Your comments will be forwarded to the ownership of the hotel to take into consideration for future upgrades. Thank you again for your review and we hope to have an opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed March 18, 2013

I only stayed at this hotel for one night, and as I was staying on business I can't really comment on how good a location it is for getting to whatever there is in Bahrain, but it is definitely close to the airport which is a welcome relief when you are arriving on a late flight and in need of a good bed.
The hotel design is not like many in the region - it is a low ride building, and it has a mixture of a large and small hotel feeling. Some reviews say that this hotel looks dated, but I wouldn't say that the decor looks tired. I think the decor is intentionally styled in a classic way? Anyway, it all looks nice enough inside, there is a nice seating area/cafe in the lobby - can't complain about the service there. They even made me a banana milkshake as a post-training drink, even though it wasn't on the menu. Actually the staff throughout have been very good. particularly helpfulwas that I had checked out of the hotel early as I was meant to be working all day and going straight to the airport. As it happened, I finished early afternoon and ended up back at the hotel. Even though I had checked out, the hotel staff were happy to let me use the gym. This turns out to be a real plus point for the hotel as I will be returning to Bahrain regularly, and I always looks for a hotel with a good gym. The one at this hotel is excellent. I am struggling to find one piece of equipment that it was lacking, so most people who are into their weights or cardio should be happy here. There is an outside pool too, which seems pleasant enough, even if the view from the gardens is not great (you look out at a road bridge).
As for the rooms, they seemed to be pretty good. Was plenty big enough, nicely decorated in a modern (but classic) style. There was no view from the room, but I'm not one for staring out of my hotel room window. The bathroom was good too, with a large walk-in shower as well as a separate bath. Toileteries were Molton Brown too, so no scrimping on quality here.
All of the food I had here was to a good standard. Breakfast had a good variety and they also cooked a number if items fresh to order. I also ate the lunch buffet and that too was good. Probably my only complaint about the hotel - I had to go and find someone on each ocassion to sign for my food, but this is only a minor gripe. Another plus for this hotel is that it seems to have a lively bar within it. I heared a band inside and there seemed to be plenty of people going in and out. I was too tired to investigate though.
When I return I have no reason to look elsewhere. The staff have made me feel very welcome, and gone out of their way to provide good service. The hotel has all of the facilities I look for, it is clean, cormfotable and looks pleasant enough. I will be back!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Keef74
Guest_Relations_CPB, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Bahrain, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

Dear Sir,

Greetings from Crowne Plaza Bahrain!

On behalf of the management and the whole team of Crowne Plaza Bahrain, I would like to thank you for staying with us and for sharing your good review in detail on our quality food, rooms and services that you have experienced during your stay.

We greatly appreciate that you took the time to share your opinion about us and your stay here in TripAdvisor as it is very important for us that our guests’ experiences are shared.

We shared your warm and thoughtful appreciation to our colleagues which plays a very vital role in understanding and improving our ‘Guest’s experiences’.
We look forward to having the pleasure of receiving you once again during your next visit to Bahrain and make it even more memorable.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

My brother and I stayed here in this hotel last december for a weekend getaway from Dubai. We are used staying in Crowne Plaza hotels in Dubai and no doubt we stayed in the same hotel in Bahrain. The stay is okay and the food was nice however i would like to share my experience with the hotel staff while checking out. Common sense is not so common for hotel staff. First the one who assisted us in checking out seemed to be sick as he was sneezing all the time he was processing our bill. Since the lady on the other desk noticed it, she asked the guy assisting us to go inside and then she was the one who continued the process for our bill. The fist guy assisted clearly said that we will be charged extra for the internet since we connected 3 devices. I clearly understand that its a policy of the hotel that only 2 devices are free and the 3rd device will be charged extra and I have no objections on that so I agreed. However, i was shocked when the lady who took over informed me that I will be charged times 3 for the internet as we have logged in 3 times. I was so dissappointed so I replied to her that we only had 3 devices and the first 2 devices which connected to the hi speed internet is free, obviously, we just have to pay for the last device but she insisted that we logged in thrice. I am an IT professional and knows exactly how the internet and all works. She was very rude and i felt discriminated since i am asian thats why she treats us like that. I did not bother to argue so I just replied to her its okay let it be ill pay for it. So, I end up paying hi speed internet like we stayed there for 3 days where in fact we only stayed over night. I will never come back to this hotel again. This is the first time i felt like this while staying in a hotel. Usually the staff where we have stayed previously has alwasy been very nice. It was really disappointing experience for me.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Guest_Relations_CPB, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Bahrain, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2013

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your review regarding your visit to Crowne Plaza in Trip Advisor.

It is indeed very disappointing to know your experience with us was not up to your expectations and regrettable that you were not satisfied during your visit. Kindly be assured, your review is taken very seriously as it is our goal to consistently provide superior service and experiences to our guests and your comments are very important to us.

We have investigated the multi-device internet matter and it seems that the problem lies with the billing options chosen from your end. I would very much appreciate to be able to get in touch with you privately to discuss your experiences and to explain this in more detail. Therefore I have taken the liberty to send you a private message as well.

Looking very much forward to speaking to you and hopefully welcome you back to the Crowne Plaza Bahrain in the near future.

PR & Marketing Manager

Reviewed February 18, 2013

We say here at least once very 6 weeks. The rooms are a bit dated, but super clean and comfy. The staff is fantastic. They know us and treat us very well. The food is fresh and tasty, Friday buffet is fabulous . Nice coffee and pastry shop in lobby, Starbucks just around the corner.

Room Tip: Club rooms are a better value if staying a few days.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Guest_Relations_CPB, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Bahrain, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

Dear Ms. Nancy,

Warm greetings from Crowne Plaza Bahrain!

We have read your comments about the hotel and we greatly appreciate that you took the time to write them, as our guests’ satisfaction is our main priority. We are truly glad to know that you had a great stay experience.

Once again thank you very much and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you and your family back on your next trip to Bahrain.

Best Regards,

Reviewed January 10, 2013

Would stay at this hotel again but value for money you can get better in Bahrain but has a good bar with half decent music and the food is tasty and well presented it is handy for the causeway and the diplomatic are and shopping if required

Room Tip: Most of the rooms are the same just some have little more space and comfort as for noise it will int...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank James S
Guest_Relations_CPB, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Bahrain, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2013

Dear Mr. James,

Reviewed January 9, 2013

This hotel has a reasonable town location although a little bit isolated from shops and any bars. With the new road system being constructed to the rear of the hotel it is also difficult to go for a walk unless you are happy to walk in roads and duck under roped off areas.
The rooms are now well dated and require an overhaul and with their room rate they are definitely not good value. Spice restaurant has nice food although service is not the best and their weekend buffet has a very good choice and is good value. Seafood restaurant has very good food but is a little pricey.
The main bar is ok with a good band although it does get noisy and is not the best place to meet to chat to people.
The main problem with the hotel is that if you have an asian wife they assume all of them are "working " ladies and security are regularly stopping you on the way to your room. It appears that they condone the practice of ladies going to rooms and actually charge for it (is this why security check??) unfortunately it makes it not the ideal place for couples where the female partner is asian!
As a Platinum card holder and regular user of IHG hotels this is one of poorer ones with the Club facilities being sparse. Special mention to the door staff who are very helpful.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Pwillholme

Dear Valued Guest,

We are pleased to inform you that we have shuttle service everyday from our hotel to the souq and to one of the big malls. With regards to your comment on construction work we are pleased to report that the work on the North Manama Causeway Project is making progress and the construction work is moving further ahead, away from our property.
We are also pleased to share that we have refurbished rooms as recent as 2010 in our hotel to ensure we are meeting the expectations of our international travelers. Part of these improvements has also been the installation of a brand new WIFI system for all guestrooms and public areas earlier in 2012 which many of our guests are very much appreciating. We have also updated our website with new pictures in 2011 showcasing the wide variety of room types we offer to our esteemed guests.

Again, thank you again for your comments and we hope that you will give us another chance to serve you on your next visit to Bahrain so that we can give you the level of satisfaction that you are looking for and make sure you will have the best stay experience with us.