“Impressive”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 1, 2013

My wife and I and two friends visited on Thursday evening (28th February 2013) and we were all very impressed with the overall feel of the restaurant and the food. I had the lobster starter which tasted lovely but the lobster was a little overcooked. The other starters were clams and scallops (which was the best of the four starters we chose), beef carpaccio and calamari and prawns. I had beef tenderloin with mash and asparagus which could have been hotter but tasted delicious. The two ladies had lamb which they said was lovely. We all had dessert (two apple strudel, one pannacotta and the soft chocolate souffle) and they were all spectacular. The only disappointing part of the evening was going upstairs to the bar and finding two TV's showing tennis. It's not a sports bar and was not in keeping with the ambience downstairs. However everything else was great and I would highly recommend this new addition to Bahrain's culinary map.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

Great Ambiance, very good food and service. Am not a very big fan of Italian food but heard great reviews. Had seafood on the menu and it was a great dish which I thoroughly enjoyed.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

i booked a dinner for valentines , i confirmed my booking two days in advance, when we arrived there , to my surprise my name was not on the list, however they told us to wait on a table in the cigar lounge and gave us our welcome driks while they sorted the issue out, and 5 minutes later a waitress came and escorted us to our table , gave my wife a red rose and chocolate. we then order our main courses accourding to some suggestions from the waiter , i had the pan seared angus beef stake , while my wife has the fresh spagetti with mixed sauce. both dishes were delisciouse but there was nothing really special about the spaghetti , while the steak on the other hand was perfect , it came with asparguas and mashed potatos which were cooked perfectly. after we finished our dinner we headed upstairs to the cigar loung and ordered some white wine and beer. the visit lasted 3 and a half hours while the singer sang in the background on and off . time passed quickly and it was a nice valantine dinner that my wife enjoyed. you do feel that the restuarant is fancy and good for business lunches/dinners and special occasions, keep in mind it is a bit on the pricey side.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

BICE bahrain ...what a disgrace for such a franchise. We are regular 5+ star restaurant seekers .. This new year eve we decided we'll try BICE as we had dined the before. When we called they asked us to pay in advance as ALL TABLES ARE FULL. They said there will be a DJ and lots more. We paid US$1000 for all of us and reached there by 10 pm to find the place empty and no DJ. Instead of apologizing and telling us there is no one coming, they continued their lie till 11:45 pm. The only guests were paying guests for dinner, who left by that time. At midnight they pulled a wire from a private party upstairs for music. Although we didn't have dinner they refused to admit their scam and have been avoiding us since. For a mere US$1000 they were ready to trick us into believing there was a grand party. Our guests were from Oman who have come to bahrain just for new year eve to celebrate. We are extremely disappointed with managements actions and will take action until they admit their fault and refund us for their scam.

1  Thank Deena A
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Good place for business lunch. Even when there are a lot of people around, it doesn't feel noisy ... must be the acoustics. The food is OK but not as good as the ones in NYC. Overall, though, it was OK especially for dinner.