“The Best on the town”

Ranked #14 of 132 Hotels in Manama
Jordan
“The Best on the town”
Reviewed April 13, 2014

This was my first visit to Bahrain and to Kempinski Ixir, very modern hotel, comfortable and professional staff. Connected to the City Center mall and very close to the attractions area. Very classy hotel and recommended for business traveler.

Room Tip: choose higher floor
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank RoubaSammour
KGIHBC C, General Manager at The Westin Bahrain City Centre, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
Dear Roubey,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review of your recent stay with us. I’m delighted to hear your positive feedback and I’m glad that you had a memorable stay with us. Our goal is to provide wonderful experiences and extraordinary service, and positive comments such as yours motivate us even further.

I’m pleased to hear that you enjoyed our modern hotel, facilities and the service by our staff. I’m happy to share your encouraging feedback with my entire team.

We look forward to having the pleasure to welcome you back at our hotel soon.

Puneet Singh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Arabic first
Wirral
Reviewed April 11, 2014

This was my first visit and stay at Kempinski Ixir. Not far from the airport but a bit confusing which hotel as they have two different reception areas linked though a long corridor and walk through City Center Mall.

The staff at check in were first class as always, quick simple and room key, I was offered an escort to my room, always a nice touch. I had a King Double on the 8th floor (non smoking floor) which immediately smelled like an ash tray, so common in The Middle East that people dont care and smoke anyway. Reception changed it to 5th floor after an inspection, this was fine.

You have everything for comfort and relaxation, a very decent TV and a good inclusive WI FI, loved the bathroom and the essential ironing board, I can never quite pack a shirt without creases!!

We had drinks and dinner in the Grand Tower, escorted by a lady in red, wonderful and chatty she was very obliging and told us all about the bars, menu and restaurants. Breakfast was well presented with plenty of choice, again the staff make all the difference and I would say the ladies here were amazing and very professional.

Luxurious with Great Service, I would come back

Room Tip: If your a non smoker inspect the room first, no guarantees here!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank T4DJB
KGIHBC C, General Manager at The Westin Bahrain City Centre, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Dear T4DJB

Thank you for taking the time to write a review from your recent stay with us.

I’m extremely delighted to read that you had a great experience with us and enjoyed our services. Our aim is to provide outstanding and memorable experiences for our guests and I’m pleased to learn that we’ve made your stay truly enjoyable. Positive feedback such as yours motivates us even further to strive from good to best and I’m happy to share your comments with my entire team, including the front office staff and Lady in Red.

I’m glad to hear that you liked our well-equipped modern hotel, rooms and facilities, and our food and beverage offerings. We have a direct partnership with a local farm from where we get a daily delivery of fresh produce which ensures that we can offer the best gastronomic quality for our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back at our hotel soon.

Munich, Germany
Reviewed April 3, 2014

I was at the Kempinski Ixir hotel now for the second time during a business trip. The hotel has a very good standard, the atmosphere is comfortable. Rooms and services are convincing. Very good is the offered breakfast - expensive but good.
Positive is the direct access from hotel to the shopping mall.
I will come again during my next visit to Manama.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
KGIHBC C, General Manager at The Westin Bahrain City Centre, responded to this review, April 6, 2014
Dear M B,

We are very happy to read your positive review, and are glad that we could contribute to making your trip to Bahrain a great experience.

We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and that you relished our breakfast buffet. We have over 100 high quality and delicious food items to choose from at our breakfast, dishes for which many of the ingredients are sourced directly from our local partner farm in a neighbouring town.

As you mentioned our direct attachment to Bahrain City Centre with its 340 retail outlets and numerous entertainment options indeed is very convenient for our guests. The central location makes it easy to travel anywhere in the country, for example the Bahrain International Circuit is just 20 minutes’ drive away. Our goal is to provide wonderful experiences and extraordinary service, and positive comments such as yours motivate us even further.

We look forward to welcoming you back at our hotel soon.

Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for one night. The hotel was good in general and we enjoyed our stay but honestly I expected more luxury from a Kempinski brand hotel.

My reservation has been upgraded to a Junior Suite at the Ixir Tower but I decided to switch back to my original reservation which is a Deluxe Room at the Grand Tower because it was better and there was no much difference in size between the two options.

The location is a great advantage. I would stay here again but honestly I have experienced more luxury and higher class treatment in other Kempinski hotels around the world.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
KGIHBC C, General Manager at The Westin Bahrain City Centre, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Dear Mr Aqeel A,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review your recent stay with us.

I’m pleased to hear that you and your family liked our hotel and enjoyed your stay with us.

Regarding the room sizes, we have a selection of room categories from Superior rooms at 29 square metres and Deluxe rooms at 36 square meters, to a variety of suites varying from 42 square metres up to 148 square metres. From this assortment most guests can find a suitable sized room for their requirements.

Our direct connection to Bahrain City Centre Mall with its 340 retail outlets, cinema, waterpark and much more, is very convenient for our guests, whether travelling for business or leisure. Our central location in the capital makes it very easy to travel anywhere in the country, be it to the airport, or elsewhere. For example the Bahrain International Circuit is located just 20 minutes away from the hotel; and Manama Souq is just a few minutes’ drive.

We thank you for your patronage at our hotel and other Kempinski’s around the world and we hope to have the privilege of welcoming you back at our hotel soon.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed March 24, 2014

I have to share with you story about how writing of reviews on Tripadvisor paid off in my recent
stay in Kempinski City Centre in Bahrain. What a surprise when I was welcomed by friendly member ( I am sorry I forget that ladies name ) of PR department to thank me for my last review of Ixir tower of the Kempinski hotel and as a thank you I was swiftly upgraded to the Grand tower ( more luxurious ) with walk in wardrobe, huge bed room, fresh flowers and all the amenities you would expect from such environment. Btw..the bathroom is to die for. As I didn’t get the chance in person I would like to thank for this pleasant surprise and I will choose Kempinski for my future trips and perhaps you should also. Keep posting
reviews as you never know who may read them...

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
KGIHBC C, General Manager at The Westin Bahrain City Centre, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Dear Mr Matousek

It was our pleasure to have you back at our hotel. Thank you for taking the time to write such a delightful review of your stay with us. I’m truly content to hear that we have made your experience with us a memorable one.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Manama.

Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

Edifice Kempinski bahrain takes our breath away. We will be visiting this elegant nice designed hotel again and again. Evrything there makes us feel that we are outside of GCC. We are looking forward to try booking but this time executive suite and executive single room with my family. When we check out we all felt like we left something very valuable behind. I have a small tiny comment in the food qaulity..! Smallest resturant in bahrain cooked better than you. I give receptions, Front disks, room service, Spa, hygiene, clubs, A+ 10/10 but resturant(Food varities & quality) is the weaknesses area that must be solved immediately. 7/10 but I hope in next visit changed to 10/10. Keep it up everyone. Before I go my best regards to Mr. Amin & Miss. Martha & Miss. Minnie.
I Kempinski
Nasser Abdullah,
Khobar,
+966545699688

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear Mr Nasser Abdullah

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of your recent stay with us. It brings me great pleasure to hear that we have made your experience truly a memorable one. I have passed your positive comments to my entire team, including Amin, Martha and Minnie.

I regret to hear that you didn’t find our culinary offerings to your exact liking. Our aim is to serve the highest quality food prepared with the freshest ingredients, in all of our seven outlets. For example, we have a partnership with a local farm from where we receive a delivery of garden-fresh vegetables every day, to ensure the ultimate freshness for our guests. Our menus are also designed in such a way as to cater to multinational clientele and various tastes. If there is something that you’d like us to prepare for you specifically, please ask and our culinary team will be happy to assist you. May I also recommend you to try our Arabic fine-dining restaurant Baharat, which was voted by Bahrain’s public as their favourite Arabic restaurant in 2013. Baharat’s signature dish of “Slow braised local lamb shoulder marinated with homemade ‘Baharat’ spices, cumin sauce and cloves rice” is a dish not to be missed.

We look forward to welcoming you back with your family soon.

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed March 24, 2014

There are many good things about this hotel. Overall, it's a really great hotel, every thing is great. In specific, what makes this place special is its location being attached to the City Center Mall and near all the interesting places in Manama, the SPA service is one of the best you can get in Manama and their breakfast is really good. Considering that this hotel is a five stars hotel, then, it's mandatory to implement highly efficient management systems to keep things running smooth but for this hotel i wouldn't say so; because of the delay you face in two things: checking in and out and waiting for your car especially if it's the weekend. The last two points aside, this hotel is one of the best places you could stay in in Manama.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Abdulrahman A
Dear Mr Abdulrahman A,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review your recent stay with us.

I’m pleased to hear that you liked the hotel, Pure Spa and our location. Our direct attachment to Bahrain City Centre with its 340 retail outlets and numerous entertainment options indeed is very convenient for our guests. The central location makes it easy to travel anywhere in the country, for example the Bahrain International Circuit is just 20 minutes’ drive away.

I apologise if you experienced some delays with your check-in and check-out and valet parking service. Kempinski Grand & Ixir Hotel has the largest room inventory in the country with 460 guest rooms. Unfortunately, sometimes during high occupancy, some delays might occur due to large number of guests checking in and out at the same time. We appreciate your feedback and understanding. We are continuously looking at ways to enhance the service in this regard.

We hope to have the privilege of welcoming you back at our hotel soon.