“Fabulous hotel, gracious staff made my stay perfect.”

The Westin Bahrain City Centre
Ranked #9 of 133 Hotels in Manama
Reviewed November 25, 2013

This hotel is wonderful! The staff are the best we've ever come across; welcoming, gracious and helpful. The decor is very elegant and tasteful. The lobby, lounges, hallways and rooms all have interesting artwork.

Room Service was prompt and a couple of excellent appetizers where wheeled in on a large cart/table.Laundry and housekeeping services are great.

Breakfast was delicious, with everything you could possible want, all beautifully displayed and presented to you before you begin your choices., lunch and Dinner went more than perfect.

The mall attached to the hotel, which made my life easy, On day of departure i asked for a late check out which was arranged.

I wish i had a chance to stay more.

All team was ready to help, Dunia from guest relation was there to make sure that the stay is great.

Thank you Kempinski and will come back

Room Tip: You must visit the Spa and try the out side pool
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
KGIHBC C, General Manager at The Westin Bahrain City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

Dear Mr Ihab,

We sincerely thank you for the positive review of your stay with us in November.

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay at the hotel. It is valued guests like yourself that motivate us to do what we do best and I will take your kind words about the staff and happily share them with my entire team, including Dunia.

I am pleased to learn that you relished our food and beverage offerings. At the beginning of this year we began a partnership with a local farm in a neighbouring town, Karranah, from where we get a daily delivery of fresh produce at the hotel. This allows us to guarantee that the food we serve at all our outlets and in-room dining is prepared with the highest quality of ingredients available. A testament to that is our Arabic fine dining restaurant Baharat which has just won the award for Bahrain’s favourite Middle Eastern restaurant as voted by the public of Bahrain.

Our direct attachment to Bahrain City Centre Mall with its 340 retail outlets and various entertainment options is very convenient for our guests, whether they travel for business or leisure.

There are newer reviews for The Westin Bahrain City Centre

Reviewed November 24, 2013

I stayed at the hotel last week on a short business trip to Bahrain. Their rooms are superb, so is the cleaning personnel and the restaurant staff. There is plenty of dining options and the quality is excellent, so even with the nearby mall you don't think of going out to grab a bite to eat. Overall, great hotel and very attentive staff. Well done!

• Stayed: November 2013
KGIHBC C, General Manager at The Westin Bahrain City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Dear Sarah Michele

Thank you for taking the time to write a positive review of your recent stay with us.

I’m happy to hear that your business trip with us was enjoyable. Our goal is to provide memorable experiences and service beyond excellent, and I’m pleased to hear that we have delivered that. I am happy to share your positive comments about the service with my entire team. Encouraging feedback like yours motivates us even further to provide the best service in Bahrain.

Our room design is contemporary with luxurious touches everywhere and we have a wide selection of room categories to choose from.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our gastronomic offerings. At the beginning of this year, we began a direct partnership with a local farm in a neighbouring town Karranah, and we receive a delivery of fresh produce straight from the farm every day. This allows us to offer a large selection of dishes of highest quality using the freshest ingredients in all of our outlets.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

Travelling the world and seeing a lot of hotels, can I recommend this one without any doubt. The staff is very attentive, helpful and friendly. Whenever you are staying in Bahrain - Choose the Kempinski to stay!

Dear Guest

Thank you for writing a positive review of your recent stay with us.

We are delighted to hear that you had a great experience with us. I am happy to share your positive comments about our service with my entire team. Encouraging feedback like yours motivates us even further to provide the best service in Bahrain.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

Located in very convenient area and nearby the mall where you can find nice variety of restaurants and coffee shops.
Room are clean, service was on time overall It was very nice but I think the rooms at the grand better than lxir

• Stayed: October 2013
KGIHBC C, General Manager at The Westin Bahrain City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2013

Dear Mohammed

Thank you for taking the time to write you positive review of your recent stay with us.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, particularly the rooms, facilities and our connection to Bahrain City Centre. With 340 retail outlets and numerous entertainment facilities, Bahrain City Centre is a great, convenient destination for our guests, whether travelling for business or leisure. Our central location in the city makes it easy to explore Manama and other surrounding areas.

In our two unique towers, Grand and Ixir, we have individual luxurious design features. The Grand Tower epitomises contemporary Western elegance and the Ixir Tower embodies modern Oriental sophistication, both stylish in their own way.

We thank you for your continued patronage of our hotel and look forward to welcoming you back soon again.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed November 16, 2013

These are two of my favorite spots to hang out in Bahrain! Amazing staff, the service in these two locations is fantastic! I come here at least twice a week. Great location at the city center mall.

Mezzanine lounge has a modern/elegant vibe with a great jazzy duo. Ideal location to start the evening with cocktails and snacks/dinner!

Boudoir is also a modern/elegant cigar bar. Personally I come here late at night to finish my evening with a couple of cold ones.

Can't stress enough how friendly and awesome the staff is. From the time I pull up at the valet until I'm getting my beer everybody is all smiles. I truly feel like a special person here!

I strongly recommed visiting these two places!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo

Dear Jose,

We sincerely thank you for taking the time to write a wonderful review of our Mezzanine Lounge and Boudoir. We are delighted to see you at both frequently. I have shared your positive comments with my entire team. It’s feedback like yours which motivates us even more to provide the best service in town.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoy the hotel’s direct attachment to Bahrain City Centre Mall with its 340 retail outlets and various entertainment options. Many guests, like you, often pop over for a bite to eat and a beverage to enjoy in between shopping.

Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at Kempinski for one night, at 8:00 am of the day of checkout (4 hours before the checkout time) I called the room service asking for room cleaning and they replied: "as per the hotel's policy we cannot clean the room on the day of checkout! But we can send someone to clean the bathroom only!" After that I called the duty manager and she confirmed that this is the hotel's policy! I'm really confused that how can a five stars hotel set such policy! I will never ever come back again.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank majedk
KGIHBC C, General Manager at The Westin Bahrain City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2013

Dear Mr Majed,

Thank you for your candid feedback of your recent stay with us.

I regret to hear and apologize that your expectations were not met in regards to the service. First and foremost, this is not the level of service that we aim to provide.

I have discussed this incident with my team, please allow me to explain. It seems that the incident was a result of miscommunication. In line with our five star standards, we do clean the guestrooms twice per day. The full service is provided during the day, and in the early evening hours we provide turn-down service to set the room for the night. As our duty manager explained to you, we do not service rooms on the day of departure as a standard. However, individual requests are catered for and we do refresh guest rooms prior to departure and this was also done in your case. When you spoke to the duty manager at 9:22 am, she immediately requested for housekeeping to service your room, which was done prior to your departure. Nevertheless, I do apologize for your less than memorable experience.

I sincerely hope that you will give us another chance to demonstrate that this is an isolated incident and not the standard of service that we deliver.

We hope to have the privilege of welcoming you back at our hotel again.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

it's a good hotel for business since the rooms a quite tiny but rooms are very clean and well metained, and not suitable for families, max 2 pax per room, but decoration is very nice and attractive, it's an oriental theme but it looks great.
location is absolutely fantastic since it's in the mid town, 15 min to airport, graet location since it has an entrance to the mall of city center bahrain, so you can enjoy shopping & wide variety of dining, cinemas, etc.
breakfast in the hotel has a poor variety of food comparing to other 5 stars hotels.
staf are friendly and polite but service is slow.

Room Tip: moresuitable for solo or couples only.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
KGIHBC C, General Manager at The Westin Bahrain City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2013

Dear Eissa,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at our hotel.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the design aspect of our hotel. In our two unique towers, Grand and Ixir, we have distinct luxurious design features. The Grand Tower epitomises contemporary Western elegance and the Ixir Tower embodies modern Oriental sophistication, both equally stylish in their own way. Regarding the room sizes, we have a selection of room categories from Superior rooms at 29 square metres and Deluxe rooms at 36 square meters, to a variety of suites varying from 42 square metres up to 148 square metres. From this assortment most guests can find a suitable sized room for their requirements.

As you mentioned, our direct connection to Bahrain City Centre Mall with its 340 retail outlets, cinema, waterpark and much more, is very convenient for our guests, whether travelling for business or leisure. Our central location in the capital makes it very easy to travel anywhere in the country, be it to the airport, or elsewhere. For example the Bahrain International Circuit is located just 20 minutes away from the hotel; and Manama Souq is just a few minutes’ drive.

I regret to hear that our breakfast was not up to your expectations. We have 150 food items in the breakfast buffet, but if you think that we are missing something please share your feedback directly with our Executive Chef Stefanos Melianos on stefanos.melianos@kempinski.com. Our aim is to provide outstanding culinary experiences in all our outlets by using the highest quality and freshest ingredients available. For example, earlier this year we began a direct partnership with a local farm from where we receive a daily delivery of garden-fresh vegetables.

We hope to have the privilege of welcoming you back at our hotel soon.