Stayed here for two nights. The female (Far Eastern) who checked me in was not helpful, pleasant, but not helpful! Then my two friends were checked in by Ahmed (a Bahraini) around 7 pm and he was great! Very accommodating, pleasant and certainly went out of his way to answer whatever questions we had. Hope the hotel manager takes note of this.The rooms are nice, I was behind the elevator and never heard anything all night, a big plus. Room was lovely and clean. There were no teaspoons/knives or forks...even plastic would be nice because there is a coffee pot but you can't stir in anything. The major issue I had, was the entire length of the carpeted hall on the 8th floor was really filthy...like no one ever vacuumed it. This was the case the full length of the hall, both days we were there. So that made me think about how they clean ( or don't clean) the carpeted floors in the hotel rooms!!! There is a really nice lounge/bar on the 2nd floor. Nice area to sit back with friends and have a good laugh. Drinks are OK (margarita not that good...), wine selection was OK. The staff there were pleasant too.
Over all it is a very good hotel...just need to look at the hallway and have it vacuumed, as it is a really 'off putting' sight!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally located at the heart of Manama, The Westin Bahrain City Centre is the first-ever Westin Hotel to grace the island. Thoughtfully devised with a host of novel and innovative facilities that include the city's first Heavenly(R) Spa and Westin KidsClub, guests are afforded the opportunity to sample the unique Westin wellbeing promise when staying for business or leisure. The Westin is merely a few steps away from Bahrain City Centre, the nation's most popular retail and leisure destination with more than 340 retail stores. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Westin Bahrain City Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kempinski Grand And Ixir Hotel Bahrain City Centre
- The Westin Bahrain City Centre Manama