“Very Good Hotel and great location”

The Westin Bahrain City Centre
Ranked #13 of 132 Hotels in Manama
Sedona, Arizona
“Very Good Hotel and great location”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Stayed here for two nights. The female (Far Eastern) who checked me in was not helpful, pleasant, but not helpful! Then my two friends were checked in by Ahmed (a Bahraini) around 7 pm and he was great! Very accommodating, pleasant and certainly went out of his way to answer whatever questions we had. Hope the hotel manager takes note of this.The rooms are nice, I was behind the elevator and never heard anything all night, a big plus. Room was lovely and clean. There were no teaspoons/knives or forks...even plastic would be nice because there is a coffee pot but you can't stir in anything. The major issue I had, was the entire length of the carpeted hall on the 8th floor was really filthy...like no one ever vacuumed it. This was the case the full length of the hall, both days we were there. So that made me think about how they clean ( or don't clean) the carpeted floors in the hotel rooms!!! There is a really nice lounge/bar on the 2nd floor. Nice area to sit back with friends and have a good laugh. Drinks are OK (margarita not that good...), wine selection was OK. The staff there were pleasant too.
Over all it is a very good hotel...just need to look at the hallway and have it vacuumed, as it is a really 'off putting' sight!

Room Tip: If you are a NON smoker, be sure to book a non-smoking room....lots of smokers in this part of the w...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
KGIHBC C, General Manager at The Westin Bahrain City Centre, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear Nancy,

Thank you for taking the time to write an honest review of your stay with us this month.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us overall. I will pass your kind words on to Ahmed in the Front Office.

I have noted your comment regarding the cleanliness of our hallways, and will discuss this matter with my Housekeeping team immediately. We are proud to be one of the newest luxury hotels in Bahrain, and take cleanliness and hygiene very seriously to ensure a comfortable stay to all of our guests. I appreciate your feedback.

I have also noted your comment regarding the lack of cutlery in the rooms. In future, please do not hesitate to call our In-Room dining team to bring up whatever cutlery and dishes you may need. We have all these amenities on-hand and are more than happy to deliver them to your room when needed.

Puneet Singh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Arabic first
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed August 10, 2013

I'm currently righting my review from my room on the 12th floor of the Ixir tower. Better then expected would really recommend this hotel. Service excellent check in time was fast also checked in early. Thanks kempinski Bahrain for your warm greeting this morning. The room has all you need a 42 LCD Sony tv a nice size desk comfortable bed very good tv channels.
Room service can take some time but I guess the hotel is above 70% occupancy
I'm only missing my Nespresso machine I wish I had taken it with me. Would recommend this hotel I usually stay at the Ritz but will be staying her from now on

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
KGIHBCC, General Manager at The Westin Bahrain City Centre, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Dear Ziad,

Thank you for taking the time to write a kind review of your stay with us this month.

I am delighted to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us, and that you were satisfied with our level of service. We aim to provide the highest standards of service throughout our hotel, and are continuously striving to exceed the expectations of our valued guests. I am happy to share your comments with all of our team members.

Just to note, we have Nespresso machines in all of our suites throughout the Grand and Ixir tower. If you are staying in one of our standard room categories, you can enjoy premium coffee in any of our restaurants and lounges.

New York City, New York
Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

valet parking very good. The driver very respectful and opened our door immediately upon arrival. The security is that of entering a court house fitted with metal detectors and security immediately as you enter. although they were very nice and professional about it. Given the riots in 2011 and recent news I understand the need for security and don't mind it. onward: The bar / Lounge was very small club music playing not to loud but empty about two couples and three guys. This was a Friday night you'd think that this place would be jammed packed full. The drink prices need to come down a tad and maybe some advertising might help pack the place. This could be a hot spot with the right promotion. spend a little gain alot.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Robert,

We sincerely thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your experience in our lounge this month.

I assume that you visited our Bizarre Lounge in the Ixir tower. We are currently undergoing a slight change in our plans for Bizarre Lounge. We are excited to introduce a new Resident DJ, Mysterioo Arif, a Bahraini underground house music DJ and producer who has a growing reputation in Bahrain. Please consider visiting us again on a Thursday evening, when DJ Mysterioo organizes a great party with local guest artists.

We are also considering opening Bizarre Lounge during the day as a hip lounge-café. We believe that this will be welcomed by our in-house guests, and will diversify the creative image of the lounge. We plan to roll out this concept within the coming months.

We hope to have the privilege of welcoming you back to Bizarre Lounge soon.

Doha, Qatar
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I regret that I record my suffering here in the first on Aidalaftr as there is no hot water in the room, despite my repeated attempts with the administration, which failed as of this writing, I am not happy at all that my visit to Bahrain failed.m

Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
KGIHBCC, General Manager at The Westin Bahrain City Centre, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear Mr Khalifa,

Thank you for your review and it was with regret that I have read your comments about the hot water situation you experienced during your recent stay with us. This was a very unfortunate and isolated incident and I am glad that we were able to fix this issue within 80 minutes from the time you have raised it to our team in the hotel.

I am happy that you appreciated the follow up from our management and hopefully the personal conversations you have had with our Front Office manager throughout the remainder of your stay showed that we really do care and resolve issues immediately.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to Bahrain in the near future and remain with kind regards.

khobar
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We spent one night with our son a deluxe room and it was very nicely decorated. The best thing about the hotel is that it is located right in the City Center Mall; very convenient.
Things I didn’t like during my stay:
• Check in took a long time and you could tell the staff couldn’t cope with a fully cooked day pressure.
• Bed wasn’t comfortable at all; hard mattress.
• Room service food was average and pricy.
• And here is the worst part of the whole stay: I was already informed by the receptionist that I had to check out before 12 due to full reservations the following day; so I understood that. So, two messages were sent to me at night plus one or two phone calls to make sure I understood that I had to leave by 12! That was soo annoying. And guess what, I had lots of stuff with me after shopping and all of that..so I called in for help with the bags at around 11:15 and no one showed up, so I ended up carrying everything myself to the lobby in order to make it by 12!
• Check out was just as bad as check in; lengthy and of course mistakes with the bill! So, check your bill before you sign anything.
I will try to stay at this hotel again when it is not high season to see if service will be better.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank nawafe
KGIHBCC, General Manager at The Westin Bahrain City Centre, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Dear Nawafe,

First and foremost, thank you for your candid feedback regarding your stay with us in June.
As one of our valued guests, your feedback is of great value. Please allow me to address some of the individual points that you expressed you did not like about your stay.
I apologize that you received multiple calls throughout the night and morning regarding the departure time. Our standard is to call at 11:00 am on the day of departure to offer luggage assistance. The second call is only communicated at the time of departure, effectively at 12:00 pm. I have looked into your situation and I regret that we experienced a system error with the messages. Please accept my sincere apologies for your inconvenience.

Regarding your luggage, the delay in service has been recorded and we are addressing this issue with our Front Office team.

I have noted each of the other points on the negative aspects of your stay, and have discussed them with my team. We continuously strive to offer the best service and product to our valued guests in our effort to improve your experience in the future. I am confident that you will experience the true Kempinski standards of hospitality on your next visit.

Berlin, Germany
Reviewed July 28, 2013

I stayed here for business and it was a fantastic stay.
From the arrival to my junior suite in the Ixir Tower to the breakfast in the morning everything was perfect. The attentiveness of the staff was incredible. Sometimes I felt like they can read my mind.

The connection to the shopping mall was for me ideal as I had to get some stuff and as it was the time everything was on sale I cut some real good deals.

In the evening after a long day I enjoyed the spa treatments and again the professionalism of the therapists. The bars on the first floor are first of all of real cool design and obviously quite popular as it was throughout my stay always busy.

As I have to travel frequently to Bahrain this will be my hotel and I can only congratulate Kempinski to such a property and employees. Not to forget to compliment the quality of food whether breakfast, lunch buffet or room service, everything tasty and of great quality.

Room Tip: Junior Suite
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

We sincerely thank you for taking the time to share your kind feedback about your stay with us this past week.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay, specifically our connection to Bahrain City Centre mall. With 340 retail outlets and numerous entertainment facilities, the mall is a great, convenient destination for our guests, whether our guests are coming for business or leisure.

I am also happy to hear that you were impressed with our Pure Spa. We are very excited to open the largest Turkish Hammam in Bahrain on August 8th at Pure Spa and welcome you to come back to experience this ancient ritual of bathing on your next visit.

Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed July 27, 2013

The kempinski hotel at city center in Bahrain is located attached to the mall which is very convenient to shop and enjoy the weekend without hassle of traffic and searching for parking.

The decor is modern style and is very relaxing.

Check in procedure was smooth without any difficulty, staff at the front desk are friendly and helpful, Nicole was of great assistance.

We had one glitch regarding the baby crib which was delayed to get to the room and later in the evening we were told no cribs were available, when trying to contact the manager on duty he refused to talk to my wife, and a crib was sent to our room!!!

Other than that everything was great and we really enjoyed our stay that we extended one more night.

For sure a great place and in would go back.

Room Tip: When asking for a baby crib make sure you get it before you leave your room to the shopping mall.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Nassudmi,

Thank you so much for your review of your stay with us in June.

We aim to provide the highest standards of service throughout our hotel, and are delighted to read your generous feedback about our team. I am happy to share your comments with all of our team members, especially Nicole.

I apologize for your experience with the baby crib. We aim to provide the highest standards of service, and I will personally look into this.