The Westin City Centre Bahrain
Elite Suites(Manama)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewsheavenly spamezzanine loungeshopping malldirect accessbig smiledeluxe roomle meridienlate checkoutconvenient locationtaking carereception staffroom servicefive star hotelbusiness tripamazing hotelspecial thanksrooms are spacious
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 20, 2012

Was in Bahrain for the first time on business. What a pleasure this hotel is. Well kitted out for the businessman - everything that I needed to do business worked. One of those hotels that you dont have to say much about because it all worked.

The staff were also very friendly and helpful.

the hotel also has a nice spa.

Hotel is also located with access to the shopping mall. nice selection of shops and restaurants in the mall for that little freetime that was availiable

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank youchoose312578
KGIHBCC, General Manager at The Westin City Centre Bahrain, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2012

Thank you.

Reviewed March 15, 2012

My wife and I have stayed here twice since it opened. The first time was a little fraught as there were a great many teething troubles and the plumbing was a shambles. The first time we turn on the tap in our room there was a screeching and then hot water was ejected across the bathroom over my wife!! We asked for a non-smoking room and the room we were given clearly smelt of smoke. The management were sympathetic but made no effort to offer to clean my wifes cloths or provide any kind of compensation or discount. The second time we stayed the service had improved overall and we didn't have any incidents in the bathroom again. The lifts failed on one occasion. Overall the hotel is very attractive, the rooms are spacious, well laid out and the bathrooms (despite the agressive taps) are really nicely designed and of a high standard. The hotel is attached to the City Centre Mall so is in a great spot for shopping or movies, dining etc. The food was generally good but I nearly fell off my chair when they told me that the buffet breakfast was the equivalent of 40 dollars! Stupidly expensive for breakfast.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank stewandkim

Thankfully our initial operational challenges have eased. Thank you for your comments.

Reviewed February 23, 2012

we really enjoyed our stay in the hotel ..
we chose it because we can go to the mall without using the car .

we chose the cheapest room ( of course ) & got a good price by booking on the hotels website a month before .

checking in was so quick . the lady in the reception took us to the room & explained everything . the room is kinda small but its only two of us , so it wasnt bad ..
the tv was so cool . & the best part is that they had OSN channels , not only local boring channels ..
u could connect ur laptop or iphone / ipad to the tv ..
they provided 4 bottles of water everyday ( but i didnt like that water )
they provided tea & coffee sachets ,, sugar , cups & glasses ..
we asked them to empty the bar & they did so quickly ..

the bathroom was the best part ! a big bath tub , a great shower ,, u could get in the bath tub & watch the tv thru the glass or u could press a button & make the bathroom totally isolated ..
+ u can listen to tv in the bathroom ( check the pics i added )

they provided a free wifi network thru the entire hotel ! ( huge plus )

the bed wasn't so comfortable & the pillows they put in the beginning were HUGE & uncomfortable .. later on we asked them to change the pillows & they offered around 6 different kinds of pillows & let us choose the one we liked ( free without any extra charge ) !

my husband tried the gym & loved it ! he had internet on the walking machine !

we both had a massage in the spa , in a big spa suite & it was perfect !

they had a swimming pool & a jacuzzi & a kids pool outside ..
& another private jacuzzi for ladies only in the spa !

we didnt try any of there restaurants .. or room service !

im so satisfied with everything in this hotel ! really liked it ..

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sara A

Good that you enjoyed your week with us.

Reviewed February 22, 2012

This is a pretty nice property in a very convenient location attached to the City Centre Mall. Unfortunately the most accessible access road to the hotel is currently blocked off by the police, meaning a much longer drive around the mall to get in and out.
The deluxe room was a decent size and with a nice bathroom and the hotel gym was reasonably small but good..
Staff were pretty uniformly helpfukl and polite.

So why do I rate it as only average ? The bed was as hard as nails, with almost no give at all. Whilst I know some people prefer a hard bed this more than just hard and made sleeping difficult. I don't ever suffer from a bad back but woke up most morning with one. I cannot possibly believe that this bed is standard in Kempinski hotels around the world.

The bed apart this is a place I would certainly recommend, but if a hotel cannot provide a comfortable night's sleep do all the other good points really matter ?

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business

On any future visits, please ask to inform our housekeeping department and they will assist you.

Reviewed February 16, 2012

I traveled on business to Bahrain and stayed in the Kempinski Hotel. The Hotel is simply amazing and absolutely suits my taste. During the meeting we had breakfast and Lunch in the all day dining restaurant 'Savuer' where service was fantastic and food of an amazing quality with a nice variety of different dishes.
One evening we had rented the Boudoir for the entire group where we were served a five course dinner with lobster, caviar, beef wellington etc. To make it short, one of the best dinners I ever had.
Overall I had a great stay and experience and I would highly recommend the hotel.
I will be back for sure!

Room Tip: Go for a Junior Suite as they are really spacious and gorgeous
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank SSchwetje

We look forward to your next business trip in Bahrain!