“Quite a good place to stay”
Review of The K Hotel

Ranked #22 of 131 Hotels in Manama
gold coast, australia
“Quite a good place to stay”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I'd give this hotel 3.5 stars if I could. The hotel is large, and very modern and clean. We stayed in one of the suits, which was huge, with a small kitchen and lounge area. The bathroom was nice and roomy, and had a bath. The bed was quite comfortable. We ate one night at the main restaurant, which was serving a Mexican buffet, which was really very nice. Also that night we ordered drinks through room service, which were way overpriced. For lunch one day we ate at the sports bar, and ordered nachos. What we received was a bowl of chips with a small side of guacamole, not nachos, so we sent it back. I think the waiter had a hard time understanding why we weren't happy.

The day we were leaving they were doing some Sunday brunch thing in the main restaurant, which was some stupid circus themed thing, with a guy on stilts making balloon animals, and the typically marginally talented Filipino band singing all those pop songs you'd like to forget, and then they started doing karaoke. The whole thing, as a bystander, was an ugly cacophony unbecoming of a hotel aspiring to the standard that the K is clearly aiming at. And then we learned the price to attend this brunch atrocity, and were shocked.

Though I think that the K is quite a good hotel, I would not stay there again. Smaller boutique hotels are much more my scene, and the Sunday brunch thing really turned me off.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
TheKHotel, General Manager at The K Hotel, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience and we appreciate your comments about your stay at The K Hotel, it is only through valuable feedback such as your own that we are able to honestly evaluate our product.

We are constantly endeavour to improve our services and since the beginning of February a new band is performing during our Brunch, (the price does include beverages).
The menu was changed in the Champions Sports Lounge, to offer a wider variety and improved presentation.

Again I would like to thank you, for expressing your valuable opinion and we are looking forward to welcome you again at The K Hotel.

The K Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Arabic first
Santa Barbara, California
Reviewed February 10, 2013

I stayed for couple nights in a junior suite but couldn't sleep the second night from 12am-4am. There was a very loud party on the above floor. When I talked to reception, they claimed they couldn't shut them, move them, or kick them out of hotel. Huh, they offered me a downgrade of the room instead of dealing with the loud residents. To make things worse, I had to pay cash and wouldn't accept signing the check for room order. Till 4am, I couldn't sleep and resulted in missing my road trip the next day due to lack of sleep exhaustion.

Room Tip: Never stay in a room below suits
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank SRAYM1993
TheKHotel, General Manager at The K Hotel, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear Sir,

I would like to thank you for writing the review dated 10th February, it is only through valuable feedback such as your own that we are able to honestly evaluate our product and can continuously strive to improve the services we offer to our guests.

Unfortunately we did not meet your expectations. I deeply express my regret for the noise level created from one of our resident guest room. Please rest assured that we have taken appropriate steps to ensure that similar incidents will not reoccur.
In regards to cash payment of the Room Service order; we will investigate the issue and revise our policy if necessary.

Again I would like to thank you, for taking the time to express your valuable opinion and we are looking forward to welcome you again at The K Hotel.

Coronado, California
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Very nice, fairly new (about one year) hotel about two blocks north of the pedestrian entrance to Naval Station Bahrain.

Only issues were a slight odor occasionally in the restroom, and a fairly slow checkout process.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank eljusto1
Poole, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 19, 2013

I was staying for only the one night and arrived at 9pm local. This was only a short stay and had to leave at 5am local the following morning. Unbeknown to me at the time my debit card wouldn't work in card machines in Bahrain. I found the reception staff very unhelpful to my cause and was left to make a very expensive mobile phone call to my bank in Britain to solve the problem. On the plus side wi-fi was readily available and at a good speed. The food was pleasant, and the room was to a standard expected. Overall the stay was pleasant and worth the money, and was told the facilities were good, although I was unable to sample them myself, due to the early start.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Matthew L
Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed January 7, 2013

My Wife is currently put up at the hotel. Not sure in what century is this hotel. Basic requirement for today anywhere is the internet. Its been almost 3 days and everyday they come with a different excuse and do not have wifi in the rooms. And its a pity that they themselves do not know when this would be available.Unfortunately her office has picked this hotel, if not we would have moved out the very min we knew there is not internet connection in the room - which even a moderate hotel leave alone star rated ones - now a days provide.
Customer service is pathetic. If possible please avoid this hotel

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Chandra M
TheKHotel, General Manager at The K Hotel, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Dear Sir,

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you have experienced during the stay in our hotel.

We are always striving to deliver excellence and please rest assured that we have solved the internet problem and corrective measures will be taken in order to avoid a future reoccurrence.

We deeply value our guests’ relationship with The K Hotel and are committed to providing them with the highest level of service simply because our guests deserve the very best.

I would like to thank you, for taking the time to express your valuable opinion and we are looking forward to welcome you at The K Hotel.

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed January 5, 2013

I stayed the last weekend in K hotel , to be honest it was a good stay , special thanks to the supervisor in front desk Mr Ahmed Ali , he was so polite and well trained , now let’s go to the hotel from my point of view :

Pros: The beds are comfortable, a huge parking space, friendly staff, well decorated rooms, great location near to the restaurants/cafes street.

Cons: very limited breakfast , the price a bit higher than other hotels.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank mohaarife
Manama, Bahrain
Reviewed December 31, 2012

i am currently staying in the k hotel and to be totally honest it is not 4 or 5 star 3 at best. the service is diabolicle, the food is hit and miss most of the time. there is no consistency in the staff some are good and some are just not bothred. the night service was appalling i ordered food was told twenty five mins they then rang back to confirm the order and tell me it would be another half hour. in general the radison diplomat would be a far better choice their rooms are not as good but the amenities are far better and the area around it is finished. The k hotel is the middle of building site with building noises all day and night not a relaxing atmosphere at all.

Room Tip: dont stay here. radison diplomat is far superior.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank andrew m
TheKHotel, General Manager at The K Hotel, responded to this review, January 5, 2013
Dear Sir,

It is only through valuable feedback such as your own that we are able to honestly evaluate our product and can continuously strive to improve the services we offer to our guests.

At the K Hotel, we take pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your expectations. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused.

In order to improve on our services, especially in the Restaurant, Lounges and Room Service, we have recently introduced a quality assurance audit in our hotel and a training programme for our food & beverage employees started, as well as we have introduced food quality acontrol procedures.

We deeply value your relationship with The K Hotel and are committed to providing you with the highest level of service simply because our guests deserve the very best.