“Brand new hotel very close to the Navy Base”
Review of The K Hotel

The K Hotel
Ranked #20 of 136 Hotels in Manama
Reviewed September 16, 2011

I stayed at the K Hotel for two nights over the Eid holiday in September and as a result, the place was packed. However, this did not cause any problem checking in or out. The room was spacious with a distant sea view and the bed was extremely comfortable. The bathroom was large and luxurious, with a huge walk-in shower as well as a large bathtub.

My only real gripe was that in order to have the A/C running, you have to keep your room key in a slot on the wall. While this might be a good idea in cooler climates, it's not really a good idea when the weather outside is more than 40 degrees and when, in my experience, it's probably best to have the A/C running 24/7. So, it was a little annoying having to mess with the A/C dials all the time to make sure it was running, and running at the correct temperature.

The breakfast was included in the cost of the room and it wasn't bad and even had pork (which coming from Saudi Arabia is top of the list of breakfast 'must haves'!)

The bar was my favourite part of the hotel - decorated like someone's cosy living room, it was inviting, comfortable and never too crowded. I will definitely be going back.

Another slight inconvenience was the difficulty in getting taxis outside - there is no taxi stand, so you have to walk to the road and flag one down. In addition, taxis in Bahrain are notorious for charging what they like, so it pays to pay attention to the meter and make sure of the cost before you set off.

But all in all, I would stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
TheKHotel, Marketing Communications Manager at The K Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2011

Greetings from The K Hotel Bahrain!

First of all we would like to thank you for choosing The K Hotel during your visit to Bahrain and for taking time to write a review of our property on tripadvisor.com.

We do appreciate the comments and suggestions you have kindly pointed out which have taken into consideration to improve our facilities & services, so we can serve you better.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to The K Hotel.

Marketing Communications Manager
The K Hotel

Reviewed September 6, 2011

I found the K Hotel one of the best ones in Bahrain. It is brand new with excellent service and good package. I stayed in a junior suite in the 16th Flr. In August which was coinciding with Ramadan month, the rate was excellent! 57 BD inclusive, breakfast and service charges. However by the 30th of August, which was the first day of Eid, the rate has gone almost double! 750 BD excluding Breakfast (15BD) and 20% service charges.
Interestingly, on checkout I paid the charges ( 1200+ BD for 13 days) then I came to know that I was cheated by the receptionist who checked me out!! She included in my cheque charges for breakfast with fake cheque numbers for 4 days, though I did not have breakfast on those days. After my return to my country, I phoned the hotel to clarify the issue of those cheques, the same receptionist told me she will check with the restaurant and inform me.. On the following day, I received a call from her that the hotel owe me 62BD and I need to get it in cash!!

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank iPad2user
TheKHotel, Marketing Communications Manager at The K Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2011

Greetings from The K Hotel Bahrain!

We would like to thank you for choosing The K Hotel during your visit to Bahrain and for taking time to write a review of our property on tripadvisor.com.

We do appreciate you sharing these experiences that will enable us to improve and do better. All your comments have been discussed with all concerned who will then act on adjusting these faults and fine-tune the areas lacking.

Please accept our sincere apologies for various shortcomings and the disappointment with our service. We hope that you will not judge us solely based on this particular experience and that you will give us a chance in the future to welcoming you again and serve you better.

Best regards,
Marketing Communications Manager

Reviewed September 3, 2011

Apart from a minor error at time of check in - The hotel was great.
Good location in Juffair - close the restaurants and bars.

Room was clean, comfortable and the bathroom was huge - both the tub and shower.
Ameneties were also of a good standard.

K Lounge was a very welcoming and relaxing area - with a wide range of drinks and snacks available.

Pool area was nice - not huge but good enough.

Overall the hotel was a good standard and the staff were accomodating and helpful.

Would stay again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
TheKHotel, Marketing Communication Manager at The K Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2011

Greetings from The K Hotel Bahrain!

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the hotel services and facilities and we hope that we will have another opportunity to pamper you with true hospitality in not too distant future.

Reviewed September 3, 2011

I recently spent 6 nights at this hotel while in Bahrain on business.
Upon arrival, the staff was very efficient and attentive. After a grueling 2 days of travelling, they had me checked in and in my room in less than 15 minutes.

I had a junior suite which was clean, spacious and comfortable. In addition to the king size bed, there was a separate full size living room and kitchenette area with a sink, microwave and mini refrigerator. There was adequate closet space for clothing. The room almost felt more like an apartment than hotel room.

The only issue I had was the refrigerator which was packed with hotel supplied beverages (for purchase) and no room for my own. To get around this, I simply took their beverages out to make room for mine and put theirs back prior to check-out.

The bathroom was nicely appointed with the usual accoutrements. Additionally there was a large soaking tub. Despite what carolinecollen posted, I found the towels and face clothes perfectly suited to their task., and I am no petite person. They were comfortable and absorbed well.

Hotel service was very good. On one occasion I needed clothing laundered and within 5 minutes of calling room service someone was there to collect the items. They were returned the following day nicely cleaned and military pressed.

The hotel provides complimentary internet service which was adequate for basic tasks. The bandwidth is inadequate for accessing video/audio sites or conducting any kind of video conferencing (i.e. Skype). After talking to people who live in Bahrain, I think this not so much the hotel's fault as it is a result of the level of internet service in the country overall.

Although I only dined on the hotel once, I found the food and service was very good. Other food choices were available with just a 5 minute walk to American Alley where there is a broad range of food choices including American, Asian, Indian and Middle Eastern.

The hotel is not within walking distance of downtown, malls and other site seeing destinations. However these are easily reached by taxi. Pay close attention to the drivers as some will attempt to price gouge an unsuspecting passenger. Always try to find out ahead of time the average fare to your destination from the hotel staff or on-line.

They provided complementary car service to the airport which was great as it cost me almost $40 for the taxi from the airport.

Overall I found this hotel to be very comfortable with a courteous and attentive staff. I would most definitely stay there again as well recommend it to others.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Naamor

Greetings from The K Hotel Bahrain!

We are happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to The K Hotel Bahrain.

Best regards,

Reviewed August 27, 2011

I went over from Saudi and stayed at this hotel for 3 nights only but was very impressed by the cleanliness and service - nothing was too much trouble for the staff. Both the room and bathroom were large, well-appointed and spotlessly clean - and even the toiletries were good quality. Everything was new.

On my departure date I asked for late check-out and was given till 4p.m. free of charge. The bar was pleasant with friendly staff and I had a very good meal in the restaurant one evening. The location was excellent too.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
TheKHotel, Marketing Communication Manager at The K Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2011

Greetings from The K Hotel Bahrain!

We would like to thank you for choosing The K Hotel during your last visit to Bahrain.

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay in general and that we have pampered you with true hospitality.

We are looking forward to your next visit in Bahrain and your next stay at The K Hotel.

Reviewed August 19, 2011

When prices for a good hotel room are going through the roof in Manama, a weekend out of Saudi quickly becomes a $500-$800 affair- with the bulk of it going towards the room. The K Hotel provides a welcome option to the old standards (Ritz Carlton, Gulf Hotel) at a sensible price. The rooms are nicely appointed and comfortable. The breakfast is quite good with pork bacon available. But, one of the best features of this hotel is its proximity to Adliyah and its many restaurants- you won't have to fight the crazy traffic along the corniche and CBD. Expats living in Saudi make the crawl over th Bahrain for some semblence of normalcy- the K Hotel makes it a bit more affordable, and the location is good.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms don't have a television you can watch from your bed- don't get these rooms...
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
TheKHotel, Marketing Communication Manager at The K Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2011

Reviewed August 13, 2011

I regularly travel to Bahrain for weekends as based in Saudi and have stayed at numerous hotels in Manama, including the ritz carlton, the diva etc all 4 and 5 star properties. The K is right up there as a great place to stay.
We stayed one night and were upgraded to a suite , room is well laid out, free wifi, spotless. Great views .
Overall the following .
Great service from front desk to room service, nothing was too much trouble , friendly , smiling accommodating staff.
Room as mentioned well laid , bathroom large with seperate shower/bath. spotless.
Room service quick , sharp and food of good solid quality.
Pool and gym bright fresh, new , great place to while away a few hours.
Late check out given and no problem.

Negatives .. very few. and minor.
being ramadan , no alcohol, so hotel was pretty quite.
Room serice menu could be extended some what , while a number of options avaialble requires less salads and more hot mains.
The towels provided were not of a great quality.

Great property will definitley return!!!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
TheKHotel, General Manager at The K Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2011

Greetings from The K Hotel Bahrain!

Thank you for choosing The K Hotel during your visit to Bahrain and for taking time to write a review of our property on tripadvisor.com.

We are happy to read that you have an enjoyable time during your stay in our property; your comments are very valuable to us and an inspiration for all our employees to work harder and provide good service to all.

We are looking forward to be welcoming you again to The K Hotel Bahrain.

The Management