“aldosyd”

The Palace Boutique Hotel
Ranked #11 of 136 Hotels in Manama
Reviewed August 24, 2013

I visited this small hotel several times in the past few years. But the recent visit was after a complete renovation and found 100% deferent. The palace is good for few days no longer that 2 days in maximum. The palace is lack of tourist activities and advertisements. The palace overall base on what I Have seen is moderate. I recommend to change the elevator "turtle" because of its motion. It is unsafe for children because the passenger of this elevator can see and touch the floor during motion. The car parking need a lot of modification to make it more safe to traffic.

Room Tip: The executive floor is quitter and neat.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Mohamed S, Manager at The Palace Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2015

Dear Gjeff_global,

Thank you for the time taken to review your stay at The Palace Boutique Hotel.

We very much appreciate your comments and they will surely be passed on to management.

We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Regards,

Kerstein Robyrz
Rooms Manager.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

I visited this small hotel exclusively based on online reviews and found it to be a little jem. If you are looking for something thats not too pricey yet provides you a comfortable stay and friendly services, stay here. The place overall has a very modern/ fashionable feel to it with nicely designed interiors.

I requested them to move my booking a day earlier and that was easily done. On request an iron plus ironing board was provided in no time. Also, as requested a baby crib was already provided in the room. Speaking of the room, it was cosy, comfortable and modern looking. The toilet was nice with expensive soaps and all.

However, the swimming pool & gym area was nothing much to talk about and there was construction going on in that area too. Didnt bother as long as you were staying in doors. Also, the elevator was a joke!

All in all, I would love to go there again with my wife (who loved it) & kid.

Room Tip: Request them to give a room with front road view. Also select a room on the first (& only) floor...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 28, 2013

I always think that hotels should work on the assumption that if you have booked to stay there, your intention is to use the hotel room to sleep, especially when you stay over a weekend. Consequently when they put Incredibly Loud construction right next to your room that starts really early in the morning, they should expect it to irritate you. If I went and started banging on the wall next to my husband at 8am on a Saturday when he was asleep, I can hypothesise that this would irritate him. It doesn't take a genius. As you probably guessed, this happened to my husband and I at this hotel this weekend. I called down to complain and I was informed that I would have been told about the construction at check in – the only mention of the construction was that it would not affect us as it was on the other side on the hotel!! This may have been true, but it did not stop a large number of workers from starting to take down scaffolding at 8am RIGHT OUTSIDE our room. I was then told that I should have complained as soon as the banging started (again, clearly my fault!) - rather than slightly after. I explained that I was already awake by then and the damage was done (I am not a person who easily goes back to sleep). I was furious and explained that I had requested a quiet room and requested a discount for the inconvenience. I was told that that would need to come from the manager. I agreed to speak with a manager. However, this was apparently impossible as there was no manager because it was a Saturday (he probably wanted to sleep in at the weekend....I can understand his desire to do so, I had a similar one! I had to spend the day with my new employer and both my husband and I were exhausted. I was really not impressed not only by the noise, but at the way the complaint was handled. If some things require a manager, there should be a manager on duty. I have come to expect far more than this from the Middle East, even from the less expensive options.
Another issue was that women need mirrors near plug points if they want to do their hair. There are none in the room that can be used for this purpose, which is very frustrating. They will bring one on request, but it is really not very useful as it is tiny and does not stand up on its own.
On the plus side, the bed was comfortable, the check in staff were friendly (if a little misguided about the construction noise) and the breakfast was adequate. However, I would not wish to stay here again.

Room Tip: Demand that there is NO CONSTRUCTION (though good luck with that!)
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Wise1London
Reviewed July 22, 2013

This was my third time to Bahrain - always for work.
A colleague chose this hotel for us and I am so glad he did.

I was there in July in the middle or Ramadan which means it is hot and a lot of places are closed. Bahrain is much quieter in this period.

From the moment it was booked and I emailed the hotel to arrange my pick up from the airport I had a good feeling. Every question I sent them was answered promptly and accurately. It sounds like something you should expect but it isn't something you always get.

The pick up was smooth and the driver polite, friendly, welcoming - just everything you needed after a flight.

The hotel is relatively small looking compared to a lot of the large monster hotels in Bahrain but it really punches above it's weight. I was made to feel very welcome by every member of staff that I encountered without exception. While they checked me in I was given a lovely fruit juice.

There was renovation work going on so they upgraded me. Again, something you might expect but the difference is that like a lot of hotels, they didn't wait until I complained - they just did it. The consequence of that was that rather than being annoyed about the fact that there was renovation work going on that I hadn't been told about, I just felt like they had done the decent thing and was perfectly happy about that. They made me feel like I was in good hands and they were going to take care of me. And that is exactly what they did.

What else did I like?
Nothing was too much trouble. If their shuttle car was available he would take us to a restaurant. Or pick us up.
The wifi worked great and was free.
The shower gels and shampoo were all great quality L'Occitane (which I LOVE).

They also have a good gym which is a lot better than many larger hotels I have stayed at and the pool looked good too with a swim up bar. Being July and Ramadan it wasn't being used - but it looked good and next time I'm back I hope to use it!

To sum up, I have only been to Bahrain for work and would never have considered it a place to take my wife. However as a direct result of this hotel I will now try and bring my wife with me on a short trip. And I'm sure she would love it. That is the difference this hotel made.

When I am next in Bahrain I will be staying here.
If you are going to Bahrain - stay here.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
KerstinRyborz, Front Office Manager at The Palace Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2013

Dear Mr. Mike W,

Thank you very much for posting this wonderful review about THE PALACE Boutique Hotel and especially for all those nice words about our team.

It is a great compliment for all of us that we convinced your colleague with our services and facilities and he became an ambassador for our little Boutique hotel .

And what a pleasure to read that we exceeded your expectations based on his recommendation and made you feel welcome and well taken care off.

We are all looking forward to your next visit and especially to welcoming your wife to THE PALACE - and I promise to have a room without any renovation around reserved for you and the bar team will have a refreshing drink waiting for you at the pool.

With best regards,
Kerstin Ryborz

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Thanks to the reviews on TripAdvisor, I booked at this small hotel in Manama for the weekend. It will now be my base when in BAH. About 20 minutes after I booked, I recieved an email from the hotel, thanking me for the reservation, did I need pick up at the airport, and did I have any special requirements! I responded and Jeff, the front office on duty, replied within minutes!

The rooms are small but well appointed. Breakfast is included in your rate and was very good with wide choices to satisfy anyone. I was able to check in at 0930 with no issue. The pool area is well done and quiet. There is bar service at the pool. Masso (Italian) is located on the property and is very popular.

Bed is very comforatble and the AC was very good.Secured parking. Location is very convenient for the restaurants and clubs in the Adliya area.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank twaone
KerstinRyborz, Front Office Manager at The Palace Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Dear twaone,

Thank you very much for your kind words about THE PALACE Boutique Hotel, our award winning restaurant MASSO and especially our staff.

With pleasure I am sharing your review with the entire team to let all of the staff know, that our prompt and personalized service is so much appreciated by our guests.

We are all looking forward to your next stay with us,

Best regards,
Kerstin Ryborz

Reviewed May 15, 2013

We booked this hotel based on Trip Advisor reviews and we weren't disappointed. From the rapid and courteous responses to emails to the complementary airport transfers with pleasant and helpful drivers, the warm welcome by charming personnel, the spotless and comfortable room (with free wifi), the high end toiletries, the delicious breakfast included in the room rate........ Everything was just perfect. As a bonus, when we asked Reception to call us a taxi to take us to the nearest mall to locate an ATM, a member of staff drove us there free of charge in the hotel limousine. All of the staff with whom we came into contact were delightful. My only regret is that we were staying for just 1 night. I was really sad to check out after such a short stay and The Palace will definitely be our first and only choice if we find ourselves in Bahrain again.

Room Tip: I asked for a room overlooking the swimming pool which was lovely and quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LKT
KerstinRyborz, Front Office Manager at The Palace Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

Dear Mrs. LKT,

Thank you very much for writing about your stay at THE PALACE Boutique Hotel.

It is a pleasure to read your kind words and share with the team that we have met your high expectations. Your wonderful remarks are such a strong motivation for the entire team and their constant effort to ensure every guest receives a warm welcome and attentive service at all times.

We are all looking forward to your next visit to Bahrain. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly for your reservation and we will ensure, your preferred room with pool view is reserved for you.

With best regards from the entire team,

Kerstin

Reviewed May 14, 2013

I stayed in the hotel for just 1 night, but I already know this is the perfect place for me! If ever I have the chance to return to Bahrain, I will not waste any time looking for other properties to book. If I am in Bahrain, The Palace Boutique Hotel is my home.

I like everything about it. The size of the hotel, the location, its cleanliness, simple modern décor, the dining room atmosphere, complimentary transportation to and from the airport, free wifi, complimentary water bottles and the staff.

Happy, friendly and efficient, the staff made my short visit so wonderful, especially Kerstin, the manager. She went extra extra miles for me. She helped arrange a car and a driver for my demanding, very last minute itinerary. Without her assistance, my experiences in Bahrain could not have been possible.

I am so grateful and hope there will be a next time.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
KerstinRyborz, Front Office Manager at The Palace Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

Dear Ms Rena,

a very sincere thank you for writing this nice review.

We are delighted to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us. It is the best compliment of all when our guests are sharing with others, that they have felt like home.
I do hope you will find the time to come back to Bahrain one day and explore more of this wonderful Island.

With Best regards,