“Looks nice and amusing”

Ranked #74 of 133 Hotels in Manama
Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia
“Looks nice and amusing”
Reviewed March 8, 2014

PRO: The hotel is very nice. The room is confortable with good furniture and the bathroom is beauty and clean.
At the basement there is a nice disco with live music and a proper bar. In the hotel you can also find other "tipical" Bahrain bar/restaurant if you want to spend the night.
CONS: I've received a call during the night and someone knocked at my door at early morning pretending to have an appointment. But this is...Bahrain.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Ramee-Grand, GM Group Sales /Mkt at Monroe Hotel, responded to this review, March 9, 2014
Dear Guest
We would like to thank you for reviewing our services and we are glad that you liked the options available on site for Dining
we also have noted your feedback about the disturbance, which will be looked in to..
Once again thank you very much for staying with and we look forward to your future stay with us. we do have our new 5 star property opened few month back and with lots of dining venues, would be great to visit.

Best regards

Hemant Sharma
Group Sales/ Mkt & e-commerce

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed January 25, 2014

I stayed over the weekend - it was find to stay here but I doubt I will stay here again. There was no coffee/ kettle in the room so if you want a simple cup of coffee you need to call room service. There was only 1 toilet roll in the room - which by all accounts was fine but it wasnt even a new roll it was half used and just folded nicely. I was on the 12th floor - although I only checked in after 12 pm in teh evening and the next evening I could hear the night clubs from the highest floor. They close at 2am so until then you kind of have to have the tv on to drone out the music.
They got my food order wrong and for the prices they charge I would rather have gone out. My room had a very distinct ciggarette smell in it. It was very off putting.

On the positive side - the room was really big and so was the bathroom. You can see it is a new hotel but still has a long way to go. All in all okay for the price.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Ramee-Grand, General Manager at Monroe Hotel, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Dear guest
We acknowledge the points you have made. Allow us first to sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused to our guests. We understand how disappointing it can be when the expectations are not met.
I also would like to keep you aware that I've shared these complaints with my all concerned responsible colleagues about this matter. Once again, please accept our apologies and our assurance that no efforts will be spared to avoid re-occurrences of such things

best regards
Hemant Sharma
Group sales/mkt
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

I decided to stay here on my recent business trip as it was pretty cheap and had a swimming pool.
I didn't end up using the pool but I checked it out. Nothing very appealing about the pool, which was accessed from the 2nd floor. Looked a little unfinished if I'm being completely honest.
The room itself was nice and have everything I I needed. The only problem was the lack of plugs by the bed. When I've got my work blackberry and personal iPhone I really need two accessible plug sockets. I had too pull the bedside cabinet away from the wall to unplug the light on each side of the bed. Not a major thing, just annoying.
The entertainment is interesting as well. The sports bar is fine but very empty. The other 'club' has some interesting Russian girls dancing on stage. I naively thought they were belly dancers but was soon put right by the manager trying to drag me in there saying they were Russian - like it was going to impress me. I actually felt really sorry for them, dancing on stage waiting to be picked up!
So it's a good budget hotel but nothing really stands out, unless you want to gawp at shipped in Russian escorts.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank The_Bentons_UK
Hemantsharma123, G.M. Sales/Mkt & e-commerce at Monroe Hotel, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Dear Mr. Austin
We would like to thank you for taking the time out to review of the hotel facilities. Swimming pool has now been completed the required little work which was pending and it is operational now and lack of Plugs by the bed side ,we will surely look in to.. your comments with regards to the artists performing on stage …, these are professional artists hired /contracted by the hotel and definitely you got it all wrong . We would like you to visit our new outlet “ The Hub” where you can enjoy the excellent food & beverages without any performing artists . You will find much more improvements over all ,since we have taken over the hotel only few months back. We look forward for your re-visit in near future
Best regards
Hemans Sharma
Dammam, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed April 10, 2013

the room was very good. the service was good I even liked the breakfast very much. hotel restaurant was horrible DO NOT EVEN TRY IT. receptionist was not very friendly but ok. not the best hotel but fair

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Al Khobar, Ash Sharqiyah, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed November 16, 2012

I had been there with my family. The room in which we stayed was a Deluxe and the size was good enough. Bathroom was maintained very neatly. The housekeeping was perfect. The breakfast was OK.

We had the food outside at various restaurants, but never tried a lunch or dinner at Monroe. You have several restaurants within a walk-able distance from Monroe. Do a bit of Google to find and locate restaurants near by.

Room Tip: If you want to have a sound sleep, go for higher floors, as the clubs are on the 1st and 2nd floors...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Saleemuddin
Reviewed August 31, 2012 via mobile

Reception very rude,even with a confirmed booking from booking.com he told me cold blooded sorry we do not have this type of room ,he wanted to downgrade me without even telling me.
Finally after one hour I have been given my room and guess what AC not working, the same guy at the reception said can you wait in the room ( it was 32 degrees) he then offered another room and same AC not working. Also same cold blooded please wait, I went to reception and he gave me the third room and AC ok working but freezing cold I could not sleep I had to live with it as I had other things to do rather than changing rooms.
Room on 4th floor of noisy from the clubs below and the street, not to mention the rooms next to me which we used by a lot of girls that had a lot visitors walking half naked in the corridor ( this is not a family hotel, nor take your wife their).
Breakfast worst I ever seen, was really worried to eat something from this place Staff helpful in finding girls only.
Internet offered as free and guess what not working .
I would not recommend it if you want to get any rest.

Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
11 Thank Allam S

Travelers are raving about these Manama hotels

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed May 26, 2012

pickup from airport arrived an hour and ten minutes after our flight landed, only after we called, excuse given was they don't have enough drivers for all their rooms, I had some questions with that logic but decided to let it go, what annoys me more is being told when I call reception that the driver will be there in five minutes when he's not even left yet (and the receptionist never even asked my name to know who was supposed to be being picked up), why lie? If I knew he was going to be another half hour I could just take a cab... Room stank like I'd snorted an ash tray and they moved us to a (smaller) less smelly room. Otherwise room was ok, decent size, clean and a big bed (suppose that's what a lot of customers are looking for in Bahrain). Shower was cold, weak and miserable, breakfast similar. Jacuzzi looked like someone had had an accident in it, wifi expensive (5 BD), surely it's becoming standard for wifi to be free. Plus points are staff were relatively friendly. Probably wouldn't go back.

Room Tip: High floor, low floors are noisy due to the clubs (not great nightlife either)
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple