“5 star quality for a price of 4 star!”
Review of Monroe Hotel

Monroe Hotel
Ranked #66 of 134 Hotels in Manama
Reviewed November 16, 2012

I had been there with my family. The room in which we stayed was a Deluxe and the size was good enough. Bathroom was maintained very neatly. The housekeeping was perfect. The breakfast was OK.

We had the food outside at various restaurants, but never tried a lunch or dinner at Monroe. You have several restaurants within a walk-able distance from Monroe. Do a bit of Google to find and locate restaurants near by.

Room Tip: If you want to have a sound sleep, go for higher floors, as the clubs are on the 1st and 2nd floors...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Saleemuddin

Reviewed August 31, 2012

Reception very rude,even with a confirmed booking from booking.com he told me cold blooded sorry we do not have this type of room ,he wanted to downgrade me without even telling me.
Finally after one hour I have been given my room and guess what AC not working, the same guy at the reception said can you wait in the room ( it was 32 degrees) he then offered another room and same AC not working. Also same cold blooded please wait, I went to reception and he gave me the third room and AC ok working but freezing cold I could not sleep I had to live with it as I had other things to do rather than changing rooms.
Room on 4th floor of noisy from the clubs below and the street, not to mention the rooms next to me which we used by a lot of girls that had a lot visitors walking half naked in the corridor ( this is not a family hotel, nor take your wife their).
Breakfast worst I ever seen, was really worried to eat something from this place Staff helpful in finding girls only.
Internet offered as free and guess what not working .
I would not recommend it if you want to get any rest.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
11  Thank Allam S
Reviewed May 26, 2012

pickup from airport arrived an hour and ten minutes after our flight landed, only after we called, excuse given was they don't have enough drivers for all their rooms, I had some questions with that logic but decided to let it go, what annoys me more is being told when I call reception that the driver will be there in five minutes when he's not even left yet (and the receptionist never even asked my name to know who was supposed to be being picked up), why lie? If I knew he was going to be another half hour I could just take a cab... Room stank like I'd snorted an ash tray and they moved us to a (smaller) less smelly room. Otherwise room was ok, decent size, clean and a big bed (suppose that's what a lot of customers are looking for in Bahrain). Shower was cold, weak and miserable, breakfast similar. Jacuzzi looked like someone had had an accident in it, wifi expensive (5 BD), surely it's becoming standard for wifi to be free. Plus points are staff were relatively friendly. Probably wouldn't go back.

Room Tip: High floor, low floors are noisy due to the clubs (not great nightlife either)
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jamiep84
Reviewed April 27, 2012

I have stayed a few month back in Monroe and was very happy with the value for money characteristics of this hotel, coming back last this week was great, everything works fine! I was surprised that I found four clubs in the hotel, last stay they were not there!!!! I suggest high floors if planning to sleep, since the hotel clubs are on 1st and 2nd floor.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Brazukajo
Reviewed April 25, 2012

Stayed 3 nights in Oct. 2011. The reception staff were very helpful and the room we had was huge. Free wi-fi in the entire hotel with complimentary breakfast for 3 persons. They have sauna facilities but was not available at that time. The location of the hotel is not good.

The issue with this hotel is that the advanced booking rate is more expensive than as a walked-in guest.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank PhilKay92
Reviewed April 23, 2012

New and clean hotel. Shame for unkept swimming pool and gym.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed March 8, 2012

We stayed for one night Jan 2012.The staff are excelent very helpull.The room was very clean and spacious, The airport pick up was good.The area around isn,t brilliant no resturaunts within walking distance but we had room service which is limited but we hamburger and chips which was good value.Would reccommend Monroe for a one night stay..

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple