“An outstanding and extraordinary resort”

Ranked #2 of 132 Hotels in Manama
Madrid, Spain
“An outstanding and extraordinary resort”
Reviewed March 15, 2014

Among the hotels in Bahrain, this resort is listed with the highest ratings on Tripadvisor, and really deserves to be the number 1.

For a relaxing vacation or weekend, with friends or family, this is probably the most suitable hotel in Bahrain that offers a private beach, swimming pools, extraordinary rooms with balcony and a very good ambiance. And this welcoming atmosphere is due to the excellent and attentive personnel working here (a special thanks to Margie in the Club Millesime who contributed to get this feeling). Congrats to the personnel.

In addition, Club Millesime, a private lounge offered to guests of Club Sofitel rooms or any suite, is a great asset for anyone looking for a private and distinguished attention, were you can get complimentary breakfast and a complimentary evening cocktail in the 6th floor. The rooms offering access to this club have higher rates, but these are really worth it, offering butler service, check-in and check-out in the lounge, and complimentary check-out until 4 pm.

The hotel was opened in 2011 and everything still looks new, with very nice furniture and

I would suggest a visit to the bar La Mer, among the restaurants offered in this hotel. In this bar a Cuban music is playing on evenings and I really enjoyed it.

Room Tip: I suggest any room in a high floor to enjoy the great views, with the beach and swimming pools...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank ericvillavicencio
Hotel M, at Sofitel Bahrain Zallaq Thalassa Sea & Spa, responded to this review, May 4, 2014
Dear Guest,

I’m delighted to read your review of our property on Trip Advisor and that your recent stay with us was truly Magnifique. I’m very pleased that my Ambassadors took such good care of you and that you found our facilities in general according to your tastes and needs.

Thank you very much for the opportunity to receive your feedback and for taking the time to place a review of our hotel on Trip Advisor, I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you again soon for another Magnifique stay at Sofitel Bahrain!

Area General Manager Bahrain & Saudi Arabia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (342)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 12, 2014

I stayed on business got a month between Feburary and March. I cannot even begin to explain how fantastic this hotel is, I have stayed in many places around the world and this has by far surpassed any I have stayed in before. The rooms are excellent with a bath and personal wet room, I had my own balcony over looking the specular bay. As well as the private beach the pool is also very clean and beautiful. The gym facilities are top notch and the spa caters for all needs. The hotel has a number of restaurants all of which are great but I particularly enjoyed the buffet area, the food is beautiful and the staff so polite and fulfilling of any requirements you have. The staff at Sofitel are by far some of the nicest people I have met at an establishment such as this, from housekeeping who kept my room completely immaculate to the restaurant manager who made sure every meal was perfect. The Guest Relations Manager stood out from the rest as both beautiful and polite, she made sure every moment of my stay was perfect and did it all with a lovely smile. My stay has been something to remember, and defiantly somewhere I intend to return too.

• Stayed March 2014
Hotel M, at Sofitel Bahrain Zallaq Thalassa Sea & Spa, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel for your recent stay while on business in the Kingdom of Bahrain. I’m very pleased to read that we have clearly exceeded your expectations and greatly appreciate your taking the time to place a review of our property on Trip Advisor.

I’m delighted to read of your enjoyment of so many parts of our hotel and very happy to also read that my Ambassadors throughout the hotel took such good care of you during your stay.

I do hope that you will return to Sofitel Bahrain in the future and look forward to welcoming you back for another Magnifique Stay!

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 6, 2014

I doubt any rooms in this hotel aren’t great. I was on the 5th floor (quite a way from the lift which was a pain) and the view was fantastic. Size-wise, the room was quite generous, as long as you don’t intend to spend much time there. The balcony was sufficient. The TV was huge. For a 5 star, I’d describe the room as cosy, but quality. (the bed was ridiculously comfortable and the shower was great!)

The breakfast selection is pretty much what you’d expect from this calibre of hotel. The staff at breakfast (like elsewhere in the hotel) were incredibly friendly and polite. The relaxed ambience was always a pleasant way to start the day.

The pool area was great too. Although there were a minimal number families there, the pool area was definitely family friendly. From here you can walk directly to the beach which is well worth a visit for the sunsets.

I honestly can’t think of anything bad to say about this hotel. It wasn’t even that costly (for a 5*). If I wasn’t visiting the area for a specific reason, I would have probably become bored simply staying by the pool all day, but if you are looking for a place to spend a few quality nights in Bahrain, you should definitely consider this hotel. If F1 testing returns to Bahrain, the Sofitel will be top of my hotel list. I’d love to go back!

Room Tip: If you are considering upgrading from a ‘normal’ booking to Millesime, don’t think, just do it. The...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Hotel M, at Sofitel Bahrain Zallaq Thalassa Sea & Spa, responded to this review, March 9, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Sofitel Bahrain for your recent stay in Kingdom of Bahrain. I’m delighted to read of your highly enjoyable stay and very pleased that our Ambassadors took such good care of you and your family.

Thank you for your excellent feedback on your experiences while staying at our hotel, I’m sure that future travelers will find your review to be of great assistance when researching luxury hotels in Bahrain. I greatly appreciate the opportunity to receive your feedback and can assure you that I will share your comments with my Ambassadors.

I do hope that you will return to Sofitel Bahrain again soon and look forward to welcoming you back to our property.

Zinj
Reviewed March 5, 2014

Good Day,

My family and I had just returned from our vacation at the Sofitel Zallaq Sea & Spa. Throughout the year, my wife and I work tirelessly, between our Real Estate business and our four boys. In working so hard, a vacation is a perfect event to end the year for our whole family.

When we first arrived to Sofitel, we were a bit disappointed that they could not accomodate their 'houseguests' for the Christmas Brunch, in which we re-enquired of them the day of check-in. However, about five days prior to checking in, we arrived to inquire of the rooms and we asked about the Christmas Brunch (because on a brochure, its' only mention was of the Christmas Eve Brunch). We were told that there is no Christmas Brunch, only the Christmas Eve Brunch. So, when we re-inquired just to check on the day of our checking-in, we were told that they were fully booked. We were a bit perplexed by this whole scenario. It was very unfortunate that we had to leave the hotel-our vacation, to drive somewhere nearly 20 minutes away to have our Christmas Brunch at the Ritz Carlton.

Moving on, we arrived to our rooms. The kids room had an awful smell (sewage). When we went into our room, it was freezing. The temp inside was 16.1 degrees celsius and the Air Conditioning was on full blast. Although we checked into the hotel fairly early around 1030am and was told that our room was ready, we didn't go to our rooms until around 4pm. We phoned the front desk, who sent someone to fix it. They said that it will take 20 minutes for the room to warm up. We waited for 1 hour. The temp in the room is now 16.7. We opened the doors to the balcony because it is warmer outside then the room. Some really nice maintenance guys came, claimed to have fixed it (and I believed them because I can smell the heat smell), however, the room did not get to a comfortable temp until the middle of the night, where it reached 20/21 degrees. Although the room itself was very luxurious and the bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was tops, our first night in the hotel was marred by a very uncomfortable room temperature.

My wife placed our 1-year old to sleep in the Baby Cot that was provided. A few hours later, I go to check on him and notice he is laying a peculiar position. I pick him up to check and I notice that the base of the cot is broken. This is very untolerable. Your hotel staff, if well-trained, should have noticed something to this effect and changed it. I don't know how this could have possible gotten past the manager during room inspection or, especially the person setting up the cot.

During that night, we also called front desk about the smell in the kids room. They asked if we wanted them to come that night to fix it. We told them no, that in the morning during housekeeping they can fix it. No one ever came for the duration of our stay.

The next day for breakfast, my wife was very upset because she found a bug (a gnat) in her breakfast food. She's very upset because although she found one, how many did she miss??? We alerted the staff and left immediately. Because of this, my wife refused breakfast in the dining area the next day, forcing me to handle my four small boys independently.

During our check-out day, I arrived at breakfast with my children. My wife reluctantly followed about 30 minutes later sighting to end the vacation with breakfast together with the family. Fifteen minutes into her breakfast, she discovered a long black hair in the fruit bowl that she acquired. Livid, we alerted the staff and left and checked out.

The other issues were:
We asked the lady, while checking in, if she could put 3 small robes and slippers in the kids rooms. She replied yes. This didn't happen. There were only two robes. We requested one more robe and two slippers via a call through to the front desk.

There was only one robe in our room. Had to call front desk to request one.

The only highlight of our stay was the Kids' Club. I queried my children many times and they all really liked it. I have no real complaints from that side (although, on the first day when we took our kids there, when inquired if there would be a Santa, we were told on New Years' Eve, only to find out on Christmas Day when we picked our kids up, Santa had been there---and we really wanted to take pictures). The Kids' Club is an OUTSTANDING idea to say the least for any hotel of this caliber. It really provides families with more than one option.

We go on vacation, for the same reason. To go on vacation. To be rid of all the stress that goes on with work. We did not expect to go to a place that has the worst of services that we have EVER experienced. We should only have to phone the front desk for requests. Not for issues with the room. Everyone that works at the hotel should know who their 'houseguests' are. We've had several staff/security inquire of our room number and reacting to us as though we were 'lost' inside the hotel. At one point, while rushing to get my children from the Kids' Club during checkout, I was approached by security, asked for my room number a 4th time during my stay, and then waited patiently while he fumbled through his 15-20 page booklet to find my family on the guest list. The kitchen staff should be wearing a hair net. The food should be properly covered, even when it is out at the buffet to minimize occurances outside of the kitchen.

Our vacation was great . The hotel is great. The management is not. There were far too many events occurred that should not have happened in a 5-Star Luxury Hotel. With this being said, we were never once approached by the management in regards to the issues with the bug and hair found in the food on two different occurences, two days apart.

• Stayed December 2013
2 Thank K6Beards
Hotel M, at Sofitel Bahrain Zallaq Thalassa Sea & Spa, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay in December in the Kingdom of Bahrain.
I greatly appreciate the opportunity to receive feedback with regards to your experiences at Sofitel Bahrain, thank you for taking the time to place such a detailed review of our property on Trip Advisor. In this regard and due to the matters which you have highlighted within you review I would greatly appreciate if you would contact me directly so that we can discuss your stay further. Please do send your contact information to me by email - h6722-sl9@sofitel.com. I am deeply disappointed that upon this occasion, during your stay we have not had the opportunity to meet and exceed your expectations. I do hope that you will give me the opportunity to discuss these matters further, allowing me to demonstrate our well-known concern for our guest’s satisfaction.

I greatly look forward to hearing from you.

Kuwait City, Kuwait
Reviewed March 4, 2014

A beautiful hotel in a beautiful country! Came for a one night business trip, but wanted to check out the resort before I plan a family trip later this summer and it was worth it. I was very well cared for and enjoyed the luxury of the Sofitel Bahrain. My room overlooked the water. There are beautiful outdoor pools, lovely spa, amazing beach, and great restaurants as part of the hotel complex. I want also to mention the friendly, professional staff they have at the resort especially Sarah from the front desk. She was very friendly and professional, finished the check in a warm, quick way not to forget the passionate overview she gave me about the resort. It was like giving a tour. I also want to thank Yaseen at the pool area for his warm services. I am definitely going to come back with the family in my next trip

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to visit Sofitel Bahrain during you recent visit to the Kingdom of Bahrain. I’m very pleased that you enjoyed such a wonderful stay and that my Ambassadors took such good care of you.

Thank you for taking the time to place a review of our property on Trip Advisor. I greatly appreciate your comments with regards to my Ambassadors, I’m very pleased that upon this occasion we have met and exceeded your expectations of our hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Sofitel Bahrain and hope that you will return again soon for another Magnifique stay in the Kingdom of Bahrain.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Although it was a short stay at the Sofitel, it was extremely relaxing and peaceful. The service from everyone in the hotel from house keeping to poolside/beach was excellent. The Luxury Double room was beautiful & the balcony was an ideal place to see the sunset before visiting one of the restaurants. The Spa treatment was just wonderful and left you with a feeling of total relaxation.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to place a review of your recent stay at Sofitel Bahrain on Trip Advisor.

I’m very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and that we were able to meet and exceed your expectations. I greatly appreciate your comments with regards to my Ambassadors, I have already shared your review with our team and I am sure that it will serve as a great motivation for them to continue to strive for excellence.

I’m delighted to see within your review that you had the opportunity to experience our Thalassa Sea & Spa, I do hope that you enjoyed your treatments within our unique spa and that you will return again in the future.

Thank you for choosing Sofitel Bahrain Zallaq Thalassa Sea & Spa for your recent stay in Bahrain, we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel for another Magnifique stay!

Area General Manager Bahrain & Saudi Arabia
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manama
The Ritz-Carlton, Bahrain
#28 of 132 in Manama
ART Rotana
ART Rotana
#1 of 4 in Amwaj Islands

Been to Sofitel Bahrain Zallaq Thalassa Sea & Spa? Share your experiences!