It was our first time in Bahrain and even though the weather was much colder than what we had expected, we loved our stay, mainly due to the excellent service at the Sofitel.
We had access to the Club Millesime, which proved to be a gem. They efficiently dealt with all of our pre-arrival and onsite requests and questions. The breakfast and cocktail hour are great, but a lot of other hotels offer that, too. What really set them apart was the personalized service, which felt like it truly came from the heart. Great compliments to Svilena, Margie, Rea and Jaka and thanks for all your help.
The kids club was also great and the staff was so nice with our daughter.
The spa offers great treatments and fantastic facilities and while there were some minor hickups (which were promptly taken care of), we very much enjoyed them.
In terms of restaurants, we loved the Wok, the La Mer (thanks, James, for the lovely drawings for our daughter), the Tapas (enjoy the beautiful sunsets there with tapas, a drink and a shisha) and the Fiama. Pashawat was also nice, but the entertainment was so loud that you could hardly have a conversation. The Saraya was OK, but in our opinion not as good as the others, but then again, it's a buffet restaurant.
All in all, a great stay and we already decided that we will be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sofitel Bahrain Zallaq Thalassa Sea & Spa offers guests a paradise setting to enjoy an idyllic stay with spectacular views over the Arabian Gulf. The hotel is an exclusive resort catering to both leisure and business travelers and offers the uniqueness of a luxurious location amidst views of the crystal clear turquoise waters of the Arabian Gulf. Sofitel Bahrain celebrates the Kingdom’s legendary hospitality with a French flair and is the first hotel within the GCC countries to offer the unique relaxation of Thalassotherapy. The Thalassa Sea & Spa at Sofitel Bahrain covers 2,000 square meters on two floors; the complex features 14 treatment rooms utilizing marine based products to offer a unique series of Thalassotherapy treatments, massages and wellness programmes. Guests of the Thalassa Sea & Spa can also enjoy a seawater hydrotherapy pool, a freshwater pool, saunas, steam rooms, a hairdresser for men and a beauty salon for women, as well as a Yoga & Pilates studio. Sofitel Bahrain offers 262 rooms and suites, combining comfort and elegance and offering lavish furnishings with breathtaking views of the Arabian Gulf. Within the hotel are 28 suites including 21 Prestige Suites, 6 rooftop Opera suites each offering a private terrace and infinity pool and one Royal Suite complete with a Jacuzzi, private terrace, infinity pool and a uniquely regal design and furnishings. The hotel offers a large swimming pool complete with a swim-up pool bar situated adjacent to its private beach and 5 restaurants. Located on Zallaq Beach 5 minutes from the Bahrain International Circuit, 25 minutes from the heart of Manama and 30 minutes from the Bahrain International Airport, Sofitel Bahrain Zallaq Thalassa Sea & Spa offers the perfect location for a relaxed vacation away from the city or a luxurious vacation with convenient access to the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Hotwire, ACCOR, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Hotel.de, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Sofitel Bahrain Zallaq Thalassa Sea & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Bahrain Zallaq Thalassa Sea Hotel Manama
- Sofitel Bahrain Zallaq Thalassa Sea And Spa
- Sofitel Bahrain Zallaq Thalassa Sea & Spa Manama