“Impressive resort”

Ranked #2 of 132 Hotels in Manama
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
“Impressive resort”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

The interior of this hotel is beautiful, as are the rooms. The grounds/pool/beach area are also very nice. However, we found the smell inside the hotel to be nauseating, especially around the smoking lounge and hallway. Thankfully the smell wasn't a problem in our room. The breakfast was also very poor, and there was stale moldy bread (with green mold spots) at the buffet. The quality of the food was very poor considering the price we paid for the buffet. I would recommend more fruit, better selection of cereals, waffle maker...etc. And only use ripe fruit, and don't fill the bread section with moldy and stale bread! Also, use better quality ingredients for the omelettes. My husband and I had trouble finding food to eat, and we ended up having an early lunch at Paul because we were so hungry.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Hotel M, at Sofitel Bahrain Zallaq Thalassa Sea & Spa, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent stay in Bahrain, I am grateful to you for taking the time to place a review of our property on Trip Advisor.

I am pleased to read that you found the interior of our hotel in addition to our rooms to be well appointed and according to your tastes. I am however somewhat disappointed by the difficulties that you faced during your stay and particularly displeased by your comments with regards to our breakfast. If I may apologize on behalf of my ambassadors for these issues, may I assure you that I have already raised these matters within the hotel’s management and will ensure that they are corrected accordingly. I am disappointed that upon this occasion we were unable to meet and exceed your expectations but do hope that in the future we will have the opportunity to welcome you to our hotel once again.

Despite this, I am pleased that you enjoyed the time you spent within the facilities offered by our La Plage beach club, I am pleased that you found our beach and pool according to your tastes and do hope that you will return in the future to enjoy our facilities.

Area General Manager Bahrain & Saudi Arabia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (340)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Shrewsbury, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed September 17, 2013

This is my third trip to Bahrain and while the Sofitel is a bit of a drive from the airport compared to the hotels in the Seef the property is picture perfect. The lobby is beautiful with comfortable chairs and couches. After checking in I was brought to my room which is more than spacious. The best part of the room in my opinion was the balcony which was big and had a place to relax or nap.

We ate dinner the second night at the seafood restaurant which was delightful. Fresh fish prepared with care.

On my last day here the front office allowed me to stay through 7pm since my departing flight was at 10:40pm. That was very thoughtful of them and the kind of extra touch that makes me want to rush back here the next time I am back in Bahrain.

Room Tip: I think for the most part every room faces the gulf and is beautiful.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel for your recent visit to Bahrain and placing such a detailed review of our property on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted to read of your Magnifique stay at our hotel and particularly that you liked the design of our hotel and our rooms with their balconies and views of the Arabian Gulf. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your meal in La Mer and that my front office ambassadors took good care of you! I greatly appreciate your positive comments about our hotel and ambassadors and do hope that you will return again in the future.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Sofitel Bahrain and hope that you will visit us again soon!

Al Ahsa, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed September 13, 2013

To feel at home, with warm full service, excellent facilities and excellent restaurants. A true pearl in middle east hospitality business.
From the excellent service and well-being that you can find in the relaxed seaside the Tapas Bar to the sophisticated cuisine of La Mere, passing by the exoticism of the Wok , without leaving out the other restaurants with their diverse middle east food offerings, I am certain that you do not need to leave the hotel once your stay is, certainly, a great time for any lover of fine cuisine .

Room Tip: Millesime Club is a must
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Hotel M, at Sofitel Bahrain Zallaq Thalassa Sea & Spa, responded to this review, September 15, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your highly positive review of our hotel, I am delighted to read that you
clearly enjoyed your stay and that you had the opportunity to experience our restaurants – Wok in particular.

I greatly appreciate your positive comments about the service & quality of cuisine provided throughout our restaurants and hope that you will return to our hotel in the future.

Guildford, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 6, 2013

I stayed here for three nights for business and couldn't fault the hotel in any way - comfort, staff, food, service are all top notch.

The room was very well appointed, the selection and variety of food at the buffet was excellent and the quality of the food was also very good.

Facilities provided as a business venue were the best I've experienced, and above all the friendly, helpful and courteous staff are the hotel's greatest asset.

My visit was a real pleasure - thank you.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for placing a review of our hotel on Trip Advisor. I am delighted to read that your recent business trip to our hotel was pleasant and efficient. I am very pleased that you found our services to be “top notch” and that my Ambassadors were able to cater to you and your teams business needs in addition to providing the service excellence that we aspire to at all times.

I appreciate your comments with regards to our restaurants and do hope that you will visit us again in the future both for business and leisure – our beach and Thalassa Sea & Spa provide a unique and relaxing way to spend the day.

Please do not hesitate to contact us on h6722@sofitel.com for any assistance or information.

Miramar, Florida
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Having visited Bahrain nearly 20 years ago it was refreshing to see a brand new hotel which was so luxurious.

Had drinks and tapas at the bar on the jetty on the 14th August, 2013. The service, wine and tapas were excellent and not to mention the excellent setting. Very international team who are very well trained.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for placing a review of our hotel on Trip Advisor, I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at Sofitel Bahrain.

I appreciate your comments and review of our Tapas bar & restaurant and am very pleased that you enjoyed your visit. I have already shared your review with my Ambassadors and am sure that it will serve as a great motivation to continue to seek to exceed our guests expectations.

I do hope that you will return to Sofitel Bahrain in the future and look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I enjoyed the stay at your hotel last weekend , a wonderful hotel and professional staff , Especially the pool manager Yassin and said , they were very kind .
I will come again to this hotel

I will come again to this hotel

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent weekend getaway in Bahrain, I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your highlighting our pool manager Yacine within your review.

Thank you for taking the time to place a review of our hotel on Trip Advisor, I do hope that you will return for another Magnifique stay at Sofitel Bahrain in the future.

Area General Manager Bahrain & Saudi Arabia
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manama
The Ritz-Carlton, Bahrain