The interior of this hotel is beautiful, as are the rooms. The grounds/pool/beach area are also very nice. However, we found the smell inside the hotel to be nauseating, especially around the smoking lounge and hallway. Thankfully the smell wasn't a problem in our room. The breakfast was also very poor, and there was stale moldy bread (with green mold spots) at the buffet. The quality of the food was very poor considering the price we paid for the buffet. I would recommend more fruit, better selection of cereals, waffle maker...etc. And only use ripe fruit, and don't fill the bread section with moldy and stale bread! Also, use better quality ingredients for the omelettes. My husband and I had trouble finding food to eat, and we ended up having an early lunch at Paul because we were so hungry.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sofitel Bahrain Zallaq Thalassa Sea & Spa offers guests a paradise setting to enjoy an idyllic stay with spectacular views over the Arabian Gulf. The hotel is an exclusive resort catering to both leisure and business travelers and offers the uniqueness of a luxurious location amidst views of the crystal clear turquoise waters of the Arabian Gulf. Sofitel Bahrain celebrates the Kingdom’s legendary hospitality with a French flair and is the first hotel within the GCC countries to offer the unique relaxation of Thalassotherapy. The Thalassa Sea & Spa at Sofitel Bahrain covers 2,000 square meters on two floors; the complex features 14 treatment rooms utilizing marine based products to offer a unique series of Thalassotherapy treatments, massages and wellness programmes. Guests of the Thalassa Sea & Spa can also enjoy a seawater hydrotherapy pool, a freshwater pool, saunas, steam rooms, a hairdresser for men and a beauty salon for women, as well as a Yoga & Pilates studio. Sofitel Bahrain offers 262 rooms and suites, combining comfort and elegance and offering lavish furnishings with breathtaking views of the Arabian Gulf. Within the hotel are 28 suites including 21 Prestige Suites, 6 rooftop Opera suites each offering a private terrace and infinity pool and one Royal Suite complete with a Jacuzzi, private terrace, infinity pool and a uniquely regal design and furnishings. The hotel offers a large swimming pool complete with a swim-up pool bar situated adjacent to its private beach and 5 restaurants. Located on Zallaq Beach 5 minutes from the Bahrain International Circuit, 25 minutes from the heart of Manama and 30 minutes from the Bahrain International Airport, Sofitel Bahrain Zallaq Thalassa Sea & Spa offers the perfect location for a relaxed vacation away from the city or a luxurious vacation with convenient access to the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sofitel Bahrain Zallaq Thalassa Sea & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Bahrain Zallaq Thalassa Sea Hotel Manama
- Sofitel Bahrain Zallaq Thalassa Sea And Spa
- Sofitel Bahrain Zallaq Thalassa Sea & Spa Manama