Ranked #2 of 136 Hotels in Manama
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Stayed just after the recent F1 race (it was fully booked then) The rooms all face the sea and gardens so there is a nice cooling breeze to sit and watch the sunset. The rooms are very well appointed and the Friday brunch is superb

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Sofitel Bahrain Zallaq Thalassa Sea & Spa for your stay after the eventful F1 Grand Prix. I am pleased to know you enjoyed the location of our sea view facing rooms, the Friday Brunch and that your overall stay was most pleasurable.

I am grateful for the time taken to review our property and share your experience on Trip Advisor. We hope to see you soon for yet another unforgettable stay.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We recently went to this lovely seaside resort for a weekend, along with our 1 yr old.
The property is fab, service is decent, food is nice! All in all.. a lovely experience.. and a must visit for anyone going to Bahrain.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing our property for your recent stay with your family and for taking the time to place your review and lovely comments on Trip Advisor. I am happy to know that you enjoyed the location of our hotel, the service provided to you by our ambassadors as well as the food; and that your experience was completely enjoyable.

I greatly appreciate your recommendation of our property to other travellers in and outside Bahrain.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family to back to our hotel.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

PLUS

The room is really luxury, the beach and the pool were fantastic. My kids liked the playing area and the kids pool so much.

-Breakfast was great and I liked the place because it had really mad me live like i am in another country.

- The view from my room was the most thing I liked specially during sunset and sunrise

MINUS (non were major)

- small thing, when I turn on the hot water the first 3/4 times a brown color water was coming because the bathroom was not used for a while as my room was in the 7th floor along with Luxury suits so it might not be used a lot.

- 1 employee were not so professional in informing us that the buffet was about to close and the other employee annoyed us because he was popping to our table without us asking for anything for 3 or 4 times.

- There was a small gap between the back of the bed and the beginning of the mattress which was little annoying

Room Tip: 7th floor was the best
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Management response:Responded June 9, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Sofitel Bahrain Zallaq Thalassa Sea & Spa and for taking the time to share your feedback on Tripadvisor. I was happy to read that you have enjoyed our facilities and especially our sea view rooms and amenities, the breakfast and the beach.

On the other hand, I do apologize for the manner in which one of our ambassadors used to inform you about closing the buffet. We aspire to take special care of all our guests and try to make their stay memorable. All your valuable and detailed comments are going to be distributed to the relevant departments so as to reassure that our guests are treated according to our usual high standards.

I look forward to your next stay and do hope we will be welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

This is my second visit to this hotel. I decided to take my family for a weekend getaway and decided to stay at the Sofitel. This is one of the best hotels in Bahrain. Spacious and clean rooms, amazing view from all the rooms. Nice swimming pool and beach area. The kids club at the hotel is not bad at all, my kids enjoyed their time there. Made some housekeeping and concierge calls, and all my calls were attended within a reasonable time.

I still decided to give this hotel 4 stars because it is still not a perfect hotel. Although check-in time is at 3, I had to wait for one whole hour for my room to be ready. With the kids nagging to change and go swimming, that hour went by like forever. I did not like the TV channels very much, for example my wife and I wanted to spend the night watching Arab Idol, but discovered that the hotel does not have the MBC Channel, which is a free channel! Finally, the breakfast has not improved since my last visit a lot. It was a big buffet, but the food was tasteless, my daughter ended up eating olives for her breakfast.

As a whole, it was a nice experience, and yes I would still stay in this hotel in the future. I think the management of the hotel should look a bit into my three comments above.

I have attached few photos, I hope you like them.

Room Tip: For a better view, ask for a room on floor 5 and above, or if you like to have immediate access to t...
Management response:Responded June 9, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent weekend gateaway with your family and more especially for taking the time to share your experiences and photos on Trip Advisor.

I am grateful for all the wonderful comments you made regarding the service you received from our ambassadors. I am glad you appreciate our seaview luxury rooms and to know that your family enjoyed the beach, the swimming pool and the kids club.

On behalf of our ambassadors, I would like to apologize for the delay you faced during your check-in process. I appreciate your feedback and have raised your comments to the concerned departments. We do take all comments seriously in order to keep up the high level of standard that we aspire to.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

I have stayed in a prestigious suite on the ground floor (#1030) and I liked the suite very much in term of comfort, especially the bed, I didn't sleep such deeply for ages. The tv is a bit complicated and slow, the wireless internet is very good.

The suite location is the best for me. It is the closest suite to the lobby. Where you access it from outdoor.

The staff is like all the staff in Sofitel hotels are unhelpful and friendly. I started to be convinced that they are requested by the management to act like this.

There are some basics in small resorts like this. Like they should provide small toys to let children play with it on the beach or the pool. Yet, here they have the nerve to say 'buy it your self' from our shop. What if I reside in Riyadh, in the middle of the desert, as a huge client base for the resort. What would I do with it if I am going to buy the toys.

One of the services they advertise for is breakfast at club lounge, which is one of the reasons I chose the suite option for. Because there was a conference for ministries of defense and noisy soldiers every where. Yet, when i went there it was closed and they open it on weekends. This was disappointing and misleading.

• Stayed: May 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent stay with your family and for taking the time to review and share your comments on Trip Advisor.
I am pleased to know that you enjoy the comfort of our bed and that you managed to finally get a much deserved restful sleep.

However, I am disappointed to learn of the unfortunate displeasing circumstances you faced during your stay with us. We do take all comments seriously and appreciate all the feedback we can get. On behalf of my team, I apologize for the misunderstanding you had with our ambassadors at the pool. I am looking into this matter.

Regarding our Club Millesime Executive Lounge, we open every day from 7am till 11.00pm in the evening and we do serve breakfast. I would like to look further into this matter and as such would greatly appreciate it if you could email me on H6722-sl9@sofitel.com to discuss this further and find out possibly as to why you found it closed.

Thank you for sharing your comments with us. We appreciate all the feedback we can get to help us improve on the quality of our service deliverance. I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

My stay at Sofitel Bahrain was amazing experience. From Check in to Check out, everything was impeccable and in order. Room was beautiful with good view. Beach was best of Bahrain !!!. The staff were cordial and goes to extent to help you. Restaurant food were above average. In overall its good value for money.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely comments about our property and for taking the time to place your review on Trip Advisor. I am pleased to know that you had a delightful stay and that everything was immaculate and in orderly.

I am delighted to learn that you were satisfied by all our facilities and products which include the room, the view, the beach club and the food. Moreover I am delighted that you were impressed with the service our ambassadors offered you.

We value your positive feedback and comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to Sofitel Bahrain Zallaq Thalassa Sea & Spa.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

this was the fifth time that i'm visiting Sofitel bahrain Zallaq with my wife and daughter over the last 2 years . whats amazing us in this hotel is that they insist to know you and give you a relaxing feeling . Staff starting from reservation (which i did over phone and without giving my credit cards because i don't not deal with credit cards for personal believes and sofitel understood and did a reservation for me) and till the security guard on exit gate was so professional . Each time i visit , i find always new initiatives and surprises . Food was great , bed was so comfortable , house keeping was exceptional, Restorants were wonderful . One Early evening around 6:00 pm , my daughter was hungry and i was beside pool bar , i asked the guys for any kind of snacks for Salma ? they apologized and said they are closed already and they direct me for other places serving at that time , but salma cried '''' . one of the gentlemen came from behind the bar and gave my daughter a plate of fruits and he refused to accept the payments and said this is complement on the house ( the cash register is closed ) . just a small incident that shoes that sofitel employees do care for guests , hospitality , professional and enthusiastic management .

i'm really impressed

Room Tip: third floor north side was wonderful , you feel like you are in the sea , the view is so beautiful...

Dear Guest,

Welcome back to Sofitel Bahrain Zallaq Thalassa Sea & Spa. I am delighted to see that this is your fifth visit to our hotel and appreciate your continuing patronage and support.

Thank you for taking the time to place a review of our property on Trip Advisor and for your wonderful comments with regards to our service which was tailored to your needs, the professionalism of our staff, the food and the delightful care that was provided to your family. I appreciate your feedback; it really does go a long way to ensure that we are consistent with our service as well as motivating for the staff.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our property again in the future.

Area General Manager Bahrain & Saudi Arabia

Also consider these accommodations in or near Manama
The Ritz-Carlton, Bahrain
InterContinental Regency Bahrain
Four Seasons Hotel Bahrain Bay
Novotel Bahrain Al Dana Resort
ART Rotana
ART Rotana
#1 of 5 in Amwaj Islands
Gulf Hotel Bahrain Convention and Spa

Been to Sofitel Bahrain Zallaq Thalassa Sea & Spa? Share your experiences!