“nice place”

Ranked #2 of 132 Hotels in Manama
Bangkok, Thailand
“nice place”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

went to the seafood restaurant for dinner and it was great! the service was very attentive and the food was delicious. The have a great concept going for them!
the variety of fish and seafood is impressive, as well as with all the wines they have, you can find a great selection of options.
The items are a bit pricey and the location of the hotel is far out from town but is a really nice place for a special ocassion! i enjoyed the experience and will defo come back again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Hotel M, at Sofitel Bahrain Zallaq Thalassa Sea & Spa, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for placing a review of your recent visit to La Mer seafood restaurant on Trip Advisor, I am pleased that you clearly enjoyed your visit and that our Ambassadors took good care of you.

We are particularly proud of our award winning seafood restaurant La Mer and as such I am grateful for your many positive comments about the cuisine offered within the restaurant in addition the quality of service provided by our Ambassadors and the amount of variety in our selection of wines.

I hope that you will be visiting La Mer again soon and look forward to welcoming you to Sofitel Bahrain in the future.

Samy Boukhaled
Sofitel Bahrain Zallaq Thalassa Sea & Spa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (338)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 2, 2013

We chose this hotel as a compliment to our few days in central Manama with the intent of relaxing and visiting the Bahrain Grand Prix Circuit which is around 5 minutes away in a cab. The rooms are beautiful, spacious and nicely furnished, with delightful bathrooms and a large terrace overlooking the resort. Service is friendly and efficient on the whole though I noted that crockery and glasses were left uncleared here and there. The resort was eerily quiet during our visit, in fact we were the only ones at the pool on one day. It is quite a new hotel, so immaculate but also a tad sterile, though the lack of people and hence atmosphere may have contributed to this feel. On the downside, the pool was almost unbearably cold and the food we had just so so at best. We dined at the Poolside and at the Tapas Bar. Both of these dining spaces are attractive spots and we still enjoyed the whole experience, plus there are various additional restaurants where food may well be better. Whilst central Manama is only around 20 - 25 minutes away this hotel is not ideal for exploring the city as metered taxis are not readily available and unless you have your own wheels you will be reliant on the hotel car which is at least twice as much as a metered cab. NIce enough for a couple of days of relaxation but personally I wouldn't want any longer here particularly as the pool was so so cold.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Hotel M, at Sofitel Bahrain Zallaq Thalassa Sea & Spa, responded to this review, February 3, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to place a review of our hotel on Trip Advisor, I always appreciate receiving feedback from our guests and the unique insights into our hotel that this feedback brings.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your visit to our hotel and am grateful for your positive comments about our rooms, I am also particularly pleased that you found my team to be both friendly and efficient.

I am disappointed that your experience in our restaurants was not as I would have wished and am also disappointed that you were not able to enjoy our lagoon pool, I understand that these issues will have impacted upon your stay but hope they will not have an effect upon the possibility of your return to our hotel in the future. I would be very pleased to hear from you and would be interested in discussing the issues you faced during your stay at our hotel in the hope of avoiding them during you next visit. Please do contact me on h6722-sl9@sofitel.com at your earliest convenience.

I also appreciate you comments for our future travelers with regards to getting around in Bahrain, you are quite right in your information, but if I may add that our concierge team would be very happy to assist you at any time with either our luxury limousines or, if you wish, by providing metered taxis, we are happy to arrange either method of transportation throughout your stay at Sofitel Bahrain.

Again if I may thank you for taking the time to post a review to Trip Advisor and for choosing our hotel for your recent stay in Bahrain.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed January 28, 2013

I am not normally a fussy person, I have stayed in many such "luxurious" 5-star hotels, but this one was way below par.

Stayed at this hotel for a "relaxing" weekend with my family. We checked in at 2pm, and the rooms weren't ready. At 3pm, one of the rooms were ready, so we all had to stay at one room waiting for our bags which never came.

At 4pm, the housekeepers kindly informed us that the room next door was now ready and that we should speak to reception about the keys. We called reception, asking for our bags and keys to the next room, and after waiting another 30 minutes, the bags or the keys never came. As impatient as I was, I went and collected our bags and keys myself. So much for a speedy check in!!

we wanted to spend the rest of the afternoon by the pool and considering it was January, the water was quite chilly for my younger cousins. And the other people in the pool were saying the same thing. I asked the people in charge to switch the heaters on. They asked for our rooms numbers, then I was reluctantly told it would take some time to heat up. We came back after 30mins, and they still didn't turn the heater on!! I had to ask again. And they asked me for our room numbers again. Yes, I am staying at this hotel, and you advertise a heated pool on your website, so switch them on!! So far, it wasn't a good experience.

Rooms were ok. I was expecting a carpeted room, the cold tiled floors don't give you a cozy feeling. The bed was soft, and the pillows were too soft. I called housekeeping for firmer pillows, and after AN HOUR, i was given two more soft pillows. No such thing as firm pillows here apparently.

Breakfast was average. They need a better selection of warm/hot food. Service was good.

My parents went to the spa for an hour's treatment each, and they loved it. It was the only highlight of our stay. Will I stay here again? Probably not. I didn't get a level of service that fits a five-star establishment.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Cecille_DXB
Dear Guest,

I appreciate your choosing our hotel for your recent stay in Bahrain and your posting a review of our property to Trip Advisor.

I am disappointed that on this occasion we were not able to fully cater to your needs, I apologize for the issues you have faced and would appreciate it if you would contact me directly on h6722-sl9@sofitel.com at your earliest convenience to discuss your experiences further.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Paris, France
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I've been to Bahrain on a business trip and I've been impressed by the staff's attention to detail during my stay at the Sofitel. Spacious and clean rooms too, great facilities. Not close to Manama, but a great location when there's a race at Bahrain International Circuit. First class place.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank stephane a
Dear Guest,

I appreciate your choosing Sofitel Bahrain during your recent visit to Bahrain and your taking the time to post a review of our hotel to Trip Advisor.

I am most grateful for your comment with regards to our Ambassador’s attention to detail, I am very pleased that they took good care of you and have of course already shared your review with them.

Both myself and my team look forward to welcoming you to Sofitel Bahrain in the future, we hope you will visit us again soon.

Sofitel Bahrain Zallaq Thalassa Sea & Spa
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manama
The Ritz-Carlton, Bahrain
#30 of 132 in Manama
ART Rotana
ART Rotana
#1 of 3 in Amwaj Islands

Been to Sofitel Bahrain Zallaq Thalassa Sea & Spa? Share your experiences!