Marriott Executive Apartments Manama, Bahrain
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Hotel Diva(Manama)
View Hotel
All reviewsliving roomfull kitchenwasher dryer comborooftop poolan extended staylots of closet spacedefinitely stay at this hotel againwired internetdry hotelthe hotel staffhighly recommend this propertydining tablehome away from homelocal taximicrowave oveneggs to ordermorning breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 28, 2011

My wife and I stayed 3 nights here, and this is the last of the '5 star' hotels in Manama we have tried. The room was exceedingly roomy and comfortable, with plenty of space to stretch out and relax whether it is in the sitting area or on the wonderful bed. The kitchenette was very convenient with all the appliances you could need, as well as cups, saucers, plates, utensils and real knives! The wireless internet was good with the ability for multiple laptops (both mine and my wife's) to log in at the same time. The speed was painfully slow to begin with, but got better during our stay. Overall, this is the largest and most comfortable room you will find in town. On the down side, there were a few things that kept it from being the 'best' place we had stayed in Manama. First, there is no valet parking and the last thing I wanted to do after a long drive was to search for parking in their underground garage then try to find my way to the room. Second, the toiletries provided were just the basic shampoo, conditioner, body wash, and lotion in very small quantities. Even so called lesser hotels provide shower caps, shaving kits, ear tips, etc. What surprised us the most was that the toiletries were not restocked when the room was serviced! So if the shampoo was used up, there was no new bottle provided. The main bathroom had about 1/3 of a roll of toilet paper when we checked in, with no stock to resupply. We had to call for more. Likewise, the coffee, sugar, etc that we used on the first day was not restocked in the kitchen. We paid an extra 5BD per day to get the breakfast buffet, but it was not worth it. Unless you do not have transportation to go somewhere else (or your own food to cook in the kitchen), the selection was small and not kept very hot. The eggs made to order were good, though. The staff were all very friendly and helpful when needed. The comfort of the large room is the main thing that will bring us back. Otherwise, the service did not live up to the 'best in town'.

Room Tip: Even the basic rooms are huge and more than comfortable for two. Skip the breakfast buffet - perhaps a la carte would be better.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
MEABAHRAIN, Director of Sales at Marriott Executive Apartments Manama, Bahrain, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2011

Dear Sir,

First I would like to thank you for choosing the Marriott Executive Apartments, Manama Bahrain during your recent visit to Bahrain.

We do appreciate your constructive feedback. It is with feedback from our guests that allow us to improve our service and product offering.

I am delighted to know that you enjoyed our spacious apartments and that you will be coming back to stay with us in the near future. Rest assured that you will notice a difference in the breakfast offering.
I was surprised to learn that your toiletries were not replenished, as this is our standard and the same applies to the coffee, tea, etc. in the room. We have highlighted your concern to our housekeeping team and re-emphasized the Marriott service standard. I am sure you will notice the difference during your next stay.

Once again, thank you so much for your feedback and your business. I look forward to welcoming you personally during your next stay with us. Please do let me know the date of your next visit to Bahrain.

Kinds regards

Marwan Haddad
Director of Sales
Marriott Executive Apartments, Manama Bahrain.

Reviewed October 31, 2011

I stayed here during the unrest in late March 2011, and the staff was very helpful. After one day, they knew me and my colleague by name, and they were very helpful during our stay. The rooms had ample space and were very comfortably furnished. The location is a bit detached from all the happenings, but in this case, that was desirable. This hotel was spot on in every way.

Oh, the restaurant was quite nice, too.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Lawrence H
Reviewed October 5, 2011

Incredible service! Returned for a second time after being gone for five months and many of the staff still remembered our names. Maria even remembered our preferences for breakfast in the morning...outstanding!

Room Tip: Choose this for your travel!
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 14, 2011

Arrived in Bahrain the evening of Friday, 9 September. Had previously arranged with the hotel for a ride from the airport to the hotel. As scheduled, the driver was there when I came out of customs and got me to the hotel smoothly. BD10 for the service, but after the trip from the States, well worth the money!
The Marriott is very inviting. The staff is top notch! Very friendly, helpful, and professional. I was greeted by three different staff members between the car and the front desk. Check in was effortless and I was quickly off to my room with an escort down to the elevators to make sure I got to the right tower and understood the procedure for using your room key card to activate the elevators from the lobby (not required up on the floors).
Upon entering the room ... WOW! ... I was in a 1-bedroom King Suite, which was for all intent and purposes a 1-bedroom apartment. An entry foyer with a half-bath, then into the living room with sofa, area rug, entertainment system, additional seating for four, then into the dinning room with dinning table with seating for six under the chandelier. Adjacent to the dinning room is the full kitchen with: built-in full-size refrigerator/freezer, a cook top built into the marble counter top and an oven directly below that. Also in the kitchen besides more marble counter-tops, dishwasher, 1-piece washer/dryer, microwave, hot pot for heating water for coffee, etc., kitchen sink, with dish drainer, and the other cabinets are fully stocked with dishes, cookware, silverware, etc.
Moving past the dinning room/kitchen area is the bedroom with king size bed (very comfortable with crisp linens everyday, six pillows, a work desk, another flat panel t.v., wired internet (wireless also available throughout the hotel), a dressing area with heaps of closet area for hanging cloths (two of the four closets were lighted upon opening the right side door, shelving, etc. and last but not least, a full bath with marble everywhere ... and did I mention that all of this was for under government per-diem ... very niiiiccceee!
Hotel has a nice restaurant, with plenty to offer, a very good morning buffet with eggs to order. An on-site Hertz rental car desk is located in the lobby that also offers rides to the base, or elsewhere, that can be paid separately or charged to your room. I found that paying for the car service to the base in the mornings was less expensive than taking a cab. Arranging a car can be done at the Hertz desk or at the front desk ... yet another thing to like about this hotel.
Tower One houses a workout facility and swimming pool on the 20th floor ... yet another thing to like about this hotel ... did I mention that the hotel staff was Superb?!
A great stay, a great hotel, a great experience ... the Marriott Executive Apartments Manama will be my first choice on my 2 - 3 business trips to Al Manama from now on.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank BlueWaterSWO
Reviewed August 30, 2011

Once again, the Marriot was able to help me with my Visa extension and the cost was very reasonable.
Spent a little more time in the pool this time; they have the water cooled to the perfect temperature.
Once again I am very pleased with my stay and this property has exceeded my expectations.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business