“Nice and quiet”

Manama, Bahrain
“Nice and quiet”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

I have been visit this place more than 10 times
I like it alot its really a quiet hotel and area.
Huge building so clean and tidy .
the area of this hotel is quiet and nice not crowed it night at all.
But the area in the morning OMG really you will hate the traffic couz to many ministry and banks in this area.
It good for families to stay here or couples.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Arabic first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2012

We stayed 2 nights and found the rooms to be very clean with all the basic amenities and free wired internet in the room. For the price we paid, it was everything we could ask for.

The second night some young Eid revellers checked in and their enjoyment came at the expense of peace and quiet. Ask to be away from such guests.

The service was only lax when we requested a hair dryer to be brought and it never arrived. Otherwise it was okay.

All in all it was a good location near many restaurants and the souq and we always found parking. In retrospect from a planning perspective if we visit again in the future we will either stay right beside Seef Mall or at a hotel with a beach to be closer the attractions of Bahrain.

Room Tip: Ask to be kept away from the teenagers who might want to enjoy the shared lounges
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank GourrmetGourmand
Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2012

I stayed here for a few hours while waiting for a flight. My room was very basic with some issues. There was a leak in the bathroom and the floor was covered with water. I reported it and nothing was done about it. The television set kept on cutting out for no apparent reason. On the positive side, Mustafa ( at the front desk) was very helpful when I needed to make a call and offfered me the use of his mobile phone.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Kuwait
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2012

I had to pay a quick visit to Bahrain, and my schedule did not include spending any time in the hotel, I just needed a place for sleeping and maybe a quick shower during the day as I will be busy somewhere else the whole day. This hotel apartment served me well. A small reception with a quick check in. The building was not busy so the elevator was avaiable every time. The room was spacious and clean with parquet floor. Good AC, room temperature was good while outside the hotel was very hot. The TV had a good selection of satellite channels. Big closet space. Large comfortable bed. The room had a fridge and a coffee/ tea maker with a complementary bottle of water. Bathroom was big and clean (shower and tub). Room had WiFi but cable was required, but wireless Wifi was available in the tiny lobby.
The hotel is close to Manama main shopping area, but not within a walking distance, a car is required. There are shops close by but maybe for whole sale ! (not sure)
I did not try the breakfast or any facility provided since I left the next day early, and that is why I actually did not choose to go to a hotel with its own facilities, why pay for facilities which I know I will not be using! One thing though, the hotel description did indicate that ironing faclity is included, but it was not there in the room (maybe If I asked they would have provided!)
To summ up, I liked the hotel and I do recommend it.

Room Tip: Beware, there are pool tables close to some rooms.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2012

Spacious living room and bedrooms. Great kitchen and dining table. Clean and comfortable with nice view of the city.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Al Jubail, Saudi Arabia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2012

This is a basic accommodation with average service. The single bedroom is as depicted in official picture. It is large with minimal furniture. There is a common living room & a kitchen on every floor shared by 3 rooms. It looks like an apartment that is converted into single rooms. However, not everyone has the access to the kitchen. The toilet is basic & has a tub.

There's free internet access & they provide the network cable but as the previous reviewer said, there's no wifi connection.

There are a grocery shop, a small mall with basic necessity & the market nearby. The Marina Mall is not that far as well. However, it is difficult to flag a cab in the area.

The receptionist were nice & quite flexible about the check out time.

However, the room will not be cleaned unless you reqest it. Even then, you need to ask everything more than once. They really need to work on improving the service.

It is definitely a basic apartment apartment with limited service. It is fine if you just need a room to stay for the night.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Jeddah
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2012

The hotel looks new and pretty, but beneath all that and if you look close you would notice how cheap it is. I don't mind cheap if it is well maintained, sadly the dirt on the windows, and the peeled off wall papers beg to differ. The room is large and quiet, but the bed is so hard and uncomfortable, it also squeaks whenever you move so there is that. We stayed in the 15th floor, and the view is great from up there with a partial sea view, but there is no balcony and the windows, as I mentioned above, are so dirty and haven't been washed in what seems like a long time. So you won't enjoy the view. Outside the room there is a common sitting area with large windows and an even better sea view than the one in my room, but the windows there are also very filthy and needs to be washed. The bathroom was fine, clean and large, it has a shower head with good water pressure and it has a tub. The closet is large enough and there is a fridge and tea/coffee kit, but there is no safe, so you can't keep valuable in the room, but safety was not a concern to be fair. There is no Wi-Fi in the rooms, but apparently DSL connection is there, so you better hang on to that desktop for a little longer and discard that brand new iPad of yours.

Service-wise, it is very lacking. They don't service your room if you don't demand it. Seriously I ran into the room service guy in my way out and asked him to clean my room, and he said to me I need to confirm that with the front disk. Even then, they forget to do so. That was on my second day there, I asked the receptionist to order the room service to change the sheets, clean the room, and leave towels, but I came late at night to find out none of that happened. I had to ask them again next morning, and thankfully this time they made it happen, but they didn't leave enough toiletries. I did not complain because at least we had towels, and I was leaving the following day, so I thought I should save my energy, because it is not like I am going back there any time soon, or even recommending the place, you know! There is a TV set and a satellite receiver with hundreds of channels, so there is a positive if you are looking for one.

Bottom line, it's cheap by Bahrain standards, and it's clean enough, but it is going downhill from the carelessness of its management, and I don't think in a year or two that I would consider staying there because I can predict how worst it will get. But for now, it is adequate if price is your main concern, but don't expect much and certainly not a good night sleep in that darn hard squeaky bed.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ayaa1977

Travelers are raving about these Manama hotels