“The best (and I have been to a few Holiday inns)”

Holiday Inn Riyadh - Al Qasr
Ranked #30 of 230 Hotels in Riyadh
Reviewed February 6, 2014

My first choice when in Riyadh. I visit at least 3 times a year and to date the standard has not dropped. I can not say how much I love this hotel. It is smart and in good order. The spa is world class. The broadband is reliable and fast. The rooms are a good size, the beds are comfortable. The staff can not do enough for you, from sewing on a button to help with printing boarding passes. You feel safe and well looked after. In have never been an issue with billing. There is a business room on the first floor and well worth paying for the use of. It often has a breakfast or evening buffet and drinks etc with access to computers, printers and a very good place for hosting informal meetings. 2 restaurants and the food quality and choice is mind blowing. I am a IHG gold member, and the staff always make you feel valued and that they appreciate your repeat business. No worries or hassles on any level which leaves me free to focus on business. I always come away from this place happy

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Sameh I, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Riyadh - Al Qasr, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2014

Dear jonathan r,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent visit to Riyadh, and for taking the time to post a review. We are very pleased that we helped turned your trip into a positive and memorable experience here in Riyadh. We truly appreciate your review and look forward to welcoming you back very soon to Holiday Inn Riyadh Al Qasr.

Reviewed December 15, 2013

If I can find another hotel in the vicinity with a comparable price I'd switch ian heartbeat. This such an irritating experience that one has to endure because of the lack of options. This hotel is poorly,managed and maintained. I wish someone from the HolidayInn Chain would care about their brand name. I changed,y room twice, the fit stone HAMDAN electrical plug busted open and the phone it working.the last room hada defective AC which despite my daily reminder to the management, did not get fixed!!!the R&d epitome stops answering the phone around11 pm!!!i hadto physically godown to request awake up call after several unanswered attempts.

Room Tip: Only executive rooms are tolerable.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank gizmoguycdn
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Riyadh - Al Qasr, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2013

Dear gizmoguycdn,

Ben J

Reviewed December 1, 2013

I spent nearly 2 weeks in RIYADH on a business / extended family trip recently and stayed at the Holiday Inn - Al Qasr in the fashionable Al Olaya District of Riyadh, the capital. The area is great being just a short walk to the amazing Faisaliah Tower (the 'landmark' building in Riyadh - Paris has the Eiffel Tower and Riyadh has 'Faisaliah Tower'). Faisaliah was designed by British architect Norman Foster and built in 2000 by the Bin Laden construction company (local Saudi company), Al-Faisaliah Tower was the first of the startling new structures to rise above Riyadh’s skyline. It’s most famous for its enormous glass globe (24m in diameter and made of 655 glass panels) near the summit. Great shopping mall included.....now back to the Holiday Inn. Finding the hotel is somewhat confusing as there are at least 3 other Holiday Inns in the vicinity, and directions are based on 'landmarks' rather than street names. Al Qasr is more or less tucked away behind the beautiful Riyadh Library (sort of....) The security at the hotel is great ('guard gate') and the service is good. I had a deluxe room which was spacious, that included a 2 seat sofa, writing desk and all the usual amenities. Closet space was ample for a short visit - but somewhat small for an extended stay. I found their room service prompt and the food was very good. I wouldn't say 'excellent' but.... very good describes it best! For an extended stay laundry and valet service are important. Al Qasr certainly wasn't disappointing. Pressing service was almost 'instant' and laundry/dry cleaning the 'same day' without the usual 50% surcharge of most hotels in the USA and elsewhere. I was impressed with their SPA and gym. Very relaxing atmosphere, modern, well kept and excellent service. While I thought that the hotel was slightly overpriced (AVOID the hotels car service - very overpriced, catch a street taxi at 1/3 of the price of the hotels service), the prices in the SPA were quite reasonable - and convenient opening hours. Wi-Fi is available in the lobby and in the guest rooms, at NO CHARGE (that's quite nice!) but I needed to constantly re-set the pass-code (with the kind assistance of the front desk!) A wonderful guest breakfast buffet is available - but only until 10:30am. When one works in Saudi - its usually very late hours and long days. I found that the breakfast hours could have been slightly longer - maybe until 11:00am as no one has an early lunch in RIYADH!!

Room Tip: If you are a member of the Holiday Inn club - insist on an upgraded room, especially for longer stay...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Don R
Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

Not recommended.. I've been in my room for 2 hours trying to get someone to fix the AC... Poor customer service and the GM seems to be enjoying his social coffee breaks more than looking after customers... I make this judgment after staying here for over three months... Did I mention the Marriott is for the same rate. Poor value for money. I'm forced to stay here because of work.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Riyadh - Al Qasr, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2013

Dear Karimkm,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the service you received prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We take all of the reviews we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Adrian D

Reviewed November 8, 2013

Rooms are pleasant, restaurant is acceptable and service is ok. For some reason they seemed to think I was only staying for one night so I got a call during the day asking me to rebook which was rather disturbing. Check in and check out were very slow and other guests complained alongside me about this. Would I stay there again? Yes, in the absence of a few other alternatives.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Riyadh - Al Qasr, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

Dear Kmckellar,

Thank you for your candid review of our hotel. We are delighted to read you found the rooms pleasant. We strive to provide the best possible experience and it is great to read from our guests on how we are doing. I am sorry our hotel let you down on some aspects of your stay. Please be assured that your input will be shared with our management team for the purpose of bringing improvement to this identified weakness and rectify any unsatisfactory experiences.

Connie D

Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

I stayed 3 days here at the end of October.
the hotel is ok and well situated. The furniture's design is not my favorite style : mirrors, velvet and dark wood, embellished with some local princes painted portraits but however it is comfortable and in good conditions.
the room I had was clean and large, with free wifi, minibar, and nice bathroom. only the bed was a bit soft (but I slept well however) and the window was thin.
I really appreciated I discovered a fruits basket and some mini pastries (picture) the day 2 in my room, as I was coming back from business.
A newspaper is delivered each morning at your door.
The desk staff is not so welcoming but efficient though. The rest of the staff is dedicated to your wellness.
a special thank to the friendly and professional french chief leading the kitchen and restaurant.
I loved the large fitness center with a lot of equipments, neighboring the pool and wellness spa.

As I'm due to come back to Riyadh at the beginning of December, no doubt I'll come back.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Short stay in Holiday Inn Al Qasr. Not to be confused with Holiday Inn Olaya - although both are in Olaya and in fact are only a few hundred meters apart. This is walkable - I know as my taxi dropped me at the Olaya, and I walked up to the Al Qasr. In fact there are 3 Holiday Inns within 500m of each other, so check which one has your reservation!

Good standard of hotel with OK check in and check out - staff a little surly and distracted by phones, but no dramas. Room very comfortable and nice beds if a bit soft. Free wi-fi good as well, but played up a bit on day 2.

Breakfast pretty much standard, but expensive if not on included in the rate. Good location though means Al Faisaliah Mall is a short walk away, and handy for any shopping or cheap eats.

Good value and pleasant stay. Will go back for sure.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Voight-Kampf
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Riyadh - Al Qasr, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Dear Voight-Kampf,

Thank you so much for posting such a great review about your experience at our hotel. I am very happy to hear that your experience with us recently far exceeded your last stay. Your kind words about the hotel location and staff service is greatly appreciated. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you next time.

Zelyn N