“Fit for purpose but nothing special”

Holiday Inn Riyadh - Al Qasr
Ranked #30 of 227 Hotels in Riyadh
Reviewed November 8, 2013

Rooms are pleasant, restaurant is acceptable and service is ok. For some reason they seemed to think I was only staying for one night so I got a call during the day asking me to rebook which was rather disturbing. Check in and check out were very slow and other guests complained alongside me about this. Would I stay there again? Yes, in the absence of a few other alternatives.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Riyadh - Al Qasr, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

Dear Kmckellar,

Thank you for your candid review of our hotel. We are delighted to read you found the rooms pleasant. We strive to provide the best possible experience and it is great to read from our guests on how we are doing. I am sorry our hotel let you down on some aspects of your stay. Please be assured that your input will be shared with our management team for the purpose of bringing improvement to this identified weakness and rectify any unsatisfactory experiences.

Connie D

Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

I stayed 3 days here at the end of October.
the hotel is ok and well situated. The furniture's design is not my favorite style : mirrors, velvet and dark wood, embellished with some local princes painted portraits but however it is comfortable and in good conditions.
the room I had was clean and large, with free wifi, minibar, and nice bathroom. only the bed was a bit soft (but I slept well however) and the window was thin.
I really appreciated I discovered a fruits basket and some mini pastries (picture) the day 2 in my room, as I was coming back from business.
A newspaper is delivered each morning at your door.
The desk staff is not so welcoming but efficient though. The rest of the staff is dedicated to your wellness.
a special thank to the friendly and professional french chief leading the kitchen and restaurant.
I loved the large fitness center with a lot of equipments, neighboring the pool and wellness spa.

As I'm due to come back to Riyadh at the beginning of December, no doubt I'll come back.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Short stay in Holiday Inn Al Qasr. Not to be confused with Holiday Inn Olaya - although both are in Olaya and in fact are only a few hundred meters apart. This is walkable - I know as my taxi dropped me at the Olaya, and I walked up to the Al Qasr. In fact there are 3 Holiday Inns within 500m of each other, so check which one has your reservation!

Good standard of hotel with OK check in and check out - staff a little surly and distracted by phones, but no dramas. Room very comfortable and nice beds if a bit soft. Free wi-fi good as well, but played up a bit on day 2.

Breakfast pretty much standard, but expensive if not on included in the rate. Good location though means Al Faisaliah Mall is a short walk away, and handy for any shopping or cheap eats.

Good value and pleasant stay. Will go back for sure.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Voight-Kampf
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Riyadh - Al Qasr, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Dear Voight-Kampf,

Thank you so much for posting such a great review about your experience at our hotel. I am very happy to hear that your experience with us recently far exceeded your last stay. Your kind words about the hotel location and staff service is greatly appreciated. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you next time.

Zelyn N

Reviewed October 4, 2013

Nice hotel with basic features, ideal for business trips
Unfortunately there is no swimming pool for free or a place to walk inside the hotel.
It is near to the main streets so taking a taxi is not an issue.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Riyadh - Al Qasr, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments are very important to us. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs.

Connie D

Reviewed September 25, 2013

Good central hotel near Al Faisaliah Tower in Riyadh.
Modern facilities. Underground Swimming pool and gym.
Prices acceptable / not too expensive. Free internet in rooms. Nice buffet restaurant as well, much better than in standard Holiday Inns.

To be recommended.

Room Tip: Any of them
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank christianxx
Reviewed September 18, 2013

I am a frequent visitor to Riyadh, I always stay in Alqasr. It is always clean, neat cozy with very competitive rates. It is perfect for business located in the heart of the city. This is one of the best hotels in the city.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 5, 2013

A fine business hotel, The rooms are good, with good sound isolation and the interiors look recently refurbished.

The breakfast in the restaurant is a lavish spread and every one is sure to find something to his taste.

Wifi is free and the speeds are good, although connections to the router are iffy at times.

The gym is small though good and the steam room is huge. There is also a spa offering Thai and combo treatments.

A good mid budget business hotel located in Olaya right next to the computer market.

Room Tip: Insist on non-smoking rooms, as the smoking rooms are stuffy and you can smell cigarettes.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business