“Beautiful view of the city of Riyadh at night”
Review of The Globe

The Globe
Ranked #4 of 725 Restaurants in Riyadh
Cuisines: European, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Globe, is unique among Riyadh restaurants. Encapsulated in the stunning golden geodesic orb that tops Al Faisaliah Tower, guests enjoy a unique perspective of the Kingdom's first city. Within this dramatic three-story dome, delicious modern European cuisine and sweeping panoramic views of the city come together to create an unmatched Riyadh fine dining experience. The Globe's exclusive Asir Lounge, modern elegance rubs shoulders with an outstanding ambience. In sophisticated comfort, guests savor light meals and Saudi Arabia's most spectacular sunsets.
Reviewed March 23, 2013

I've read the over reviews and thought I'd share my experience at The Globe.

First, the setting is amazing. Prior or post meal, you can go up to the observation deck and look out over Riyadh. Although the Kingdom Centre is higher, The Globe offers a more unobstructed view of the area. And at night, when the city is lit, it is a beautiful view. The observation deck is right below The Globe.

Next, the restaurant is arranged so every table has a view out over the city. Since it is inside the globe, it gives a nice panoramic view.

The food - I did a four course seasonal tasting menu and it was overall quite good. Out of the four courses, the starter was good, soup was OK, the main was very good and the dessert was very good. I paired with with a local "cocktail" (non-alcoholic), which I thought showed great creativity to deliver something that wasn't just a glass of fruit juice. They do a lot of herbal and spice in fusions with the juice which does elevate them.

The service - I've seen others call it bad. I'd describe it more as "well intended, but ill informed". I certainly don't feel as if the service was bad or negligent, instead I think it is a mismatch in terms of professionalism and setting. For example, when clearing the soup course, the cleared the drink I had just been served. I'm sure someone was told to clear "everything", e.g. the dishes and flatware, but the waiter interpreted it as "everything". It is the reason that I'm not writing a "5 Star" review, but I certainly wouldn't let it stop me from visiting.

Overall, a great experience. I would certainly recommend going at least once while you are in Riyadh.

3  Thank eldub1999

Reviewed March 21, 2013

Setting atop AlFaisaliah tower, the Globe restaurant is one of the land marks of Riyadh. Diners not only will enjoy the exquisite food menu but will also enjoy 360 degrees view of Riyadh city especially at night. It's ideal for couples. Price per person for a full set menu is 130 dollars

2  Thank Fahad J
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Just like other restaurants in the city, the food was just okay. I have not eaten anywhere that was really good or that I would actually go back to. The atmosphere and scenery of this restaurant was very nice and the service was quite good as well, especially compared to other restaurants in Saudi. I don't think I would go back but it is worth one dinner just to see the restaurant and views.

2  Thank mommytwogirls
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Visited the cigar lounge one evening with a colleague and it was the highlight of my week in Riyadh. With the exception of being able to enjoy a nice scotch or cognac with your cigar, the atmosphere is reminiscent of a decent lounge in the West. The selection and quality of the cigards was excellent. I would highly recommend this place if you enjoy a good cigar.

3  Thank yhelmy
Reviewed February 10, 2013

The main thing that makes this place unique is definitely the view. The round restaurant provides a tremendous view of all sides of Riyadh. It's worth going there for the view alone, particularly before sunset . The food is alright, not more, and the menu lacks variety . Service was wonderful, and it's a place to relax as a woman in Saudi.

2  Thank Deerzy