“Fantastic staff that will make your stay in Riyadh as comfortable as possible”

Al Waha Palace Hotel
Ranked #11 of 219 Hotels in Riyadh
Melbourne, Australia
“Fantastic staff that will make your stay in Riyadh as comfortable as possible”
Reviewed June 7, 2014

Myself and 5 colleagues from Australia stayed at Al Waha Palace for a month while doing business in Riyadh.

At every stage of our stay all Al Waha's staff were amazing, showing a genuine interest in the quality of our stay and consistently demonstrating a high level of competence that made our stay in Riyadh very easy.

The rooms are well put together and comfortable, the breakfast is good and has enough variety, and there are a number of good cheap little restaurants in the surrounding area that you can walk too.

Mr Sattar on the front desk in particular is amazing. He dealt with our complicated schedule of staff arrivals and departures easily, making efforts to accommodate us beyond my expectations.

Would highly recommend AL Waha Palace to anyone staying in Riyadh, and we'll certainly be staying there again next time we're in the city.

Thanks for a great stay

Room Tip: Level one can be a little noisy, and there's a mosque on the north side of the hotel. South side...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Abdul Hadi D, General Manager at Al Waha Palace Hotel, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Thank a lot for your sharing your beautiful and honest comments.

Our all team would be looking forward to welcome you with your group again with your all team members.

Yes, sometimes tight schedules are tough to manage, but I am glad that our team managed the things to your satisfaction at all levels.

Thanks again for keeping Alwaha Palace in your priority choice. We love and appreciate your trust with us.

Eng. Abdul Hadi Dajam

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Arabic first
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed June 4, 2014

The hotel is clean and well-located. The room is spacious, comfortable and clean. I enjoyed sliding the curtain using remote control. The room is very quite and sound-proofed. you can't hear a beep from outside.The bathroom is big and clean.

The buffet at the hotel restaurant is not expensive. With only 69 riyal per person, I enjoyed a delicious seafood dinner. You can't eat seafood in any good restaurant outside with such a low price, not to mention that the buffet has other dishes, salads..etc. Room dine-in is not as expensive as other 4 or 5 hotels. It's reasonable.

The staff are very friendly and responsive.

Yet, it lacks a swimming pool, maybe because it's a 4 star-hotel.

attached is the view from the hotel's window.

1 Thank abdu_baqais
You have beautifully covered almost all of the aspects of our hotel and thing which made us happy is that you liked it all. It would be our pleasure to mention that we do have swimming pool, but yes, I do understand your point and would do our best to facilitate you on this.

We are happy that our Restaurant reached to the level of your satisfaction with the variety and prices. Your comment brings us opportunities to support our guests more and more every day.

București
Reviewed May 25, 2014

I had a very nice stay at the Al Waha hotel. It's a very good hotel for the businesses traveler, very professional staff as well.The hotel is nice, rooms are clean, service is great, rooms are spacious and well decorated too. It is evident that the hotel staff has the guest's best interest at heart.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Your words made our team really happy, as this comment of yours is a big reward for them for their struggle which they do with their true heart feelings. Yes, we do have huge number of business travelers as we support and focus on all kind of customer levels and their needs.

I again appreciate your words and would love to see you again with us at Alwaha Palace.

Sedona, Arizona
Reviewed May 21, 2014

I have to agree with the reviews that are positive about this hotel. I also agree about the disappointment in the lack of facilities for females. The hotel is nice, rooms are clean, service is great, food is very good, rooms are spacious and well decorated too. Being a female, I would not walk to the closest mall....which is about a 5 minute taxi ride. Surprisingly, the rooms are 'fairly' sound proof as I have not heard anything....inside or outside with the exception of a few prayer calls. Have taken the hotel car every morning and returned every evening...disadvantage, the driver does not speak English, so has been fun trying to remember a bit of arabic to get me here and there. The breakfast buffet is lovely...nice variety of food. Lunch buffet is from 1230 pm to 4pm and nice variety too, and the price is not bad. Would I come here again...yes and no. Depends on my mood for an exercise room for females. I do think it is time for the hotel to either deep clean the carpets or install new ones...as they are a bit rough looking if you really take a look at them. I needed someone to look at a facet and that was done quickly and efficiently. There is a DVD player in the room and I did bring a box set TV series with me as I knew the television selection would be limited, but that is typical in the Middle East with so many nationalities to try and please for TV show selection. So the DVD's kept me entertained! Overall an excellent experience, but I would say it caters to males primarily. But then, it is males who travel the most in the neck of the woods!!

Room Tip: 6th floor is more of your executive rooms, which are very nice.
1 Thank Nancy H
Thank you for sharing your honest comments with us, as your comments facilitate us to reach to the highest level of satisfaction for our customers. Points you mentioned are all noticed and would be taken care accordingly.

As you mentioned that you would like to revisit; we definitely would be more than happy to welcome you again at our hotel Alwaha Palace.

Thank you for your trust and presence with us.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed May 15, 2014

Nice Hotel, great location and friendly staff however it's disappointing that there are no facilities
for female; not only the pool and gym but also the spa facilities (hammam, massages) are for male only. Restaurant is mixed however, After an initial upgrade to a studio, I was advised to relocate to a standard room the second day of my stay because of festivities in a nearby conference room that evening. This room was obviously smaller but still spacious. Clear comms re the lack of "women only" options would have been highly appreciated, I will not return to this hotel but a good value for money choice for male travelers.

1 Thank Sam B
First of all, I appreciate you sharing your comments with us and I totally understand your point of view on this. We definitely would love to and do provide all facilities to all our customers, but also we do have to keep up with the government rules and policies which should be followed by all businesses in all countries in the world.

I personally have shared your comments in our team. It would be our pleasure to welcome you in Alwaha Palace again.

Thanks again

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed May 13, 2014

The Al Waha hotel is truly an oasis. I should begin by stating that I have been staying at the Al Waha for over two months as I await my Iqama. The Al Waha isl located near the center of the businss district and is a nice walk to my office. It is evident that the hotel staff has the guest's best interest at heart for they have yet to disappoint me and almost always amaze me with their friendly efforts. The rooms are very quite, clean, and modern, and are cleaned every day. The facilities as well are very neat and clean. The room and laundry service are excellent and speedy. Though I wish the exercise gym had a few more machines, it too is very nice with clean showers and suana. The restuarant serves a buffet that is limited but good and all I ever want or need and at a reasonable price. To put all this in perspective I have stayed in hotels in Dubai that are much more expensive but are no nicer than the Al Waha. Unless you may think that I am untraveled, I have stayed at hotels all over the world and especially in the US and although some may provide more facilities, none have come up to the standards of friendliness, cleanliness, and service as has the Al Waha.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Abdul Hadi D, General Manager at Al Waha Palace Hotel, responded to this review, June 8, 2014
I am thrilled after reading your beautiful comments and I personally appreciate your 2 months stay with us. I am sincerely appreciating your time to spend for writing your valuable experience about Al Waha Palace Hotel. I am giving most importance for my guest reviews and I believe that will take us to the perfect point. Now on your request for F&B, we have added more verity of dishes and I ensure you that you will be enjoying our delicious food on your next visit in Al Waha Palace Hotel.
Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you and serving you in the near future.

Basel
Reviewed May 9, 2014

It is great to have a place where people know you and treat you with a special attention. It is like coming home, people are cheerful when they see you again.
The new room with the Jacuzzi was an excellent treat.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
I heartily thank you for taking the time to post these kind words about your stay with us. We pride ourselves on our attention to detail and the service we provide. I am really glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us, and that our staffs have gone above and beyond in terms of service. I am delighted to have been your home away from home in Riyadh. Thank for staying with us and we hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Al Waha again soon.