“Stay at Al Waha” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 207 Hotels in Riyadh
London, United Kingdom
“Stay at Al Waha”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

Excellent place to stay in Riyadh as all Government Offices and Big Malls are nearby. It was my first experience with Alwaha and it was really wonderful. Staff was well trained and always helpful. Tried some Arabic food which I really loved. The charges are bit higher than the nearby hotels but acceptable only because of the quality of service. It was only at the streets were I realized that am away from London.
Keep it up guys. Thanks for making me comfortable in Saudi Arabia.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Eng. Abdul H, General Manager at Al Waha Palace Hotel, responded to this review, June 8, 2013
I am taking this kind opportunity to personally thank you for your most important comments and very glad to listen that you have enjoyed our services. I was delighted that you liked the hotel, the location of the hotel and the most important the service that my great team provide. I have shared your kind words with my team and I do hope that you will join us again in the near future.

Eng. Abdul Hadi Dajam

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Arabic first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013

Everytime I plan to visit Riyadh I will book at this hotel. It feels like home away from home. Staff are very friendly and professional, rooms are impeccably clean and luxuriously decorated. Food is great. Gymnasium is top notch with all facilities and accessible anytime. Lobby is cozy and perfect for conducting one on one business meetings. Prices are very reasonable and quite a catch considering the offered services. Location is fantastic in the middle of the business area, near computer market and with views of landmarks such as Faisaliah and Kingdom tower, it's very central.You can never go wrong with booking at this hotel. Five star amenities and services at 3 star value.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
I was absolutely thrilled to read your comments about your stay with us at Al Waha Palace Hotel. I was so happy to read that you felt at home in the hotel and that all the staff you encountered delivered the service that we are famous for. Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you and serving you in the near future
With my kindest regards,

Basel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

Amazing, since day one the staff has been the same. People remember you and your habits. Very often I get an upgrade because I am a returning customer. The guy at breakfast also knows that I love to have a cappuccino in the morning... best value for money in town, friendly, clean and perfect location. No need to look elsewhere! Bravo.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the time you spent posting this great review. I was delighted to read that your visit was enjoyable, that you found our staff welcoming and the room and services are superb. We do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back on a future visit and please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of any further assistance at any time.

Yanbu Industrial City, Al Madinah, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

Stayed at this hotel couple of times and its worth for the money. Good, spacious, clean and well decorated rooms compared to other hotels in that area. The hotel is close to Ministry of Finance and Royal Commission Headquarters. Good house keeping and excellent service from Front Desk as well as Reservation staff.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review which means a lot to us. I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay with us at Al Waha Palace hotel. That said I do hope we do have the pleasure of welcoming you back on a future visit and perhaps for a few more days. Once again thank you for your time and please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of assistance at any time.

Warm regards,

Yanbu, Saudi Arabia

Gentlemen;
Al Waha Palace Hotel looks amazing, the room we stayed in was great and clean. Staffs are very helpful.
But the best about this hotel is that everything is so organized and functional. We stayed several times over the past years and despite a large number of people, we didnt experience any problems or delays. Whenever i felt lost , there was always somebody willing to help me. We also felt safe there and everyone was just very friendly. I would love to get back to the Al Waha!
We remain,
Engr. Tawfeeq Y. Rasheed
Mr. Mani

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to post your positive feedback on the site and we are very grateful for your kind words. It is so nice to hear that you are the frequent guest in our hotel. We do have a very happy team who all work incredibly well together and who actually do love what they do and I am pleased that this was apparent. It is always our pleasure to take the greatest care of our guests. Once again thank you for recommending us, and we are looking forward to being of service to you again in your next Riyadh trip.

Hyderabad, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

Well, to be honest...hotel is not bad at all - the rooms are good, spacious and clean. And that's where one spends most of the time when in a hotel. So that's covered.
However, there are a few things that I didn't like - room service menu was predominantly (90-95%) non-vegetarian and mostly with Arabic or middle-eastern dishes. So, I was not left with any choice for main course types of dishes. There is just one restaurant that offers buffet only (for Ala-carte, they use the same room service menu which is anyway a put-off). Now, the buffet spread is good for a Non-vegetarian. But as a vegetarian, I was disappointed again. Though they claim that if there is anything not on the menu and you want it, they will make it...for vegetarians, they make only ONE TYPE of Veg curry. Quite unimpressive. Tall claims only.
But yes...good thing is that they make it for you!

Same with breakfast menu. So from food perspective...I would rate it at 2.5 out of 5.

Another thing that disappointed me was the Receptionist Abdul Sattar. Grumpy man, never smiles, doesn't even look at you when you speak with him, pretends as if he is ultra busy with work and doesn't really come across as warm...rather cold. Not something you expect at a hotel which claims to be a 4-Star. Another act of his, during my checkout was not in good taste. So from this perspective - 1 out of 5. Other staff was ok.

Location - it is located near one of the busiest roads...but thats it. Going out in the evening...I found no one outside...all deserted. Strange feeling I had. Later I discovered an Indian restaurant nearby which turned out to be good (I have already written a review about it...read it here: http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g293995-d2490874-r151026742-Darbar_Restaurant-Riyadh_Riyadh_Province.html)

So overall..."ok" experience in Alwaha.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Eng. Abdul H, General Manager at Al Waha Palace Hotel, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to post these kind words about your stay with us. While I am obviously disappointed with your comments regarding the food and my staff Mr. Abdul Sattar. Firstly, We are having the best business relationship with your esteemed company since 13 years and deeply keeping the well reputation equally with top to down. In with regards I would like to inform you that we have buffet in various dishes and fast food services with menu set in our Restaurant and 24 hours room services too. I have shared your comments with our Front Office Dept & F&B team and we have deeply discussed on your topic. However, Please accept my apologies for the disappointment this would have caused.
I hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

gm@alwahapalace.com.sa
Dammam, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

The staff at the hotel were very friendly and helpful, the hotel is very clean... Like the ambience and closeness to business centers... Highly recommended for business travellers... Centrally located in the business district... High standards of quality... Great value for money...

• Stayed January 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for your feedback on your stay at Al Waha Palace Hotel. I am delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay and it is so wonderful to hear that you loved every minutes of your visit including the location and our very comfortable rooms. I have passed your kind words to all mentioned and indeed all the team who are dedicated to making sure your stay is memorable.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Al Waha Palace Hotel on a future visit and please do not hesitate to contact us if we can assist with a booking for you.

Warm regards,