“Beautiful ambiance, but generally overrated”
Review of Spazio

Spazio
Ranked #78 of 741 Restaurants in Riyadh
Cuisines: Italian, Japanese
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Description: Since its opening in 2003, Spazio has built its reputation as the place to go for exceptional fine dining in Riyadh, with a unique ambiance which could not be matched anywhere else in the City. Spazio has become the place to see and be seen, having the honor of hosting prestigious clients from around the world including members of the Royal Family, Presidents, Prime Ministers, and famous artists. Spazio has redefined fine-dining with its contemporary design using warm and natural colors, stylish furniture, and intimate lighting. Whether you are looking for a flawless romantic dinner, a social gathering, or a business meeting, this setting accompanied by the beautiful panoramic view will undoubtedly be the perfect choice.
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Considered one of the finer restaurants on the Riyadh food scene, Spazio was a bit of a let down. I went after a long hiatus of about 6years, and was hoping my impressions this time around would be different, but I left feeling that there is so much unrealized potential.

First things - the interior is seriously starting to show it's age, and the maintenance is definitely lacking. The bathroom in the singles section had broken tiles inside, some dead lights, overall dirty and grimy feel. Really, not acceptable for a restaurant of this level. In the main dining area, you could see chipped paint everywhere, the tables were uneven and my drink glass kept wobbling because the table top wasn't smooth to hold a glass properly. To top it off, my friends chair leg was almost broken and the chair almost gave in when he sat. Again - I'd expect this at a cheaper place, but for a restaurant that you're looking at spending about 500sr for a meal for 2, these are small details that should not be overlooked.

Let's move to the food and service - both lacking!

I was VERY surprised that Spazio doesn't have a dedicated drinks menu with mocktails, different tea selections, etc. Even the shawarma shop down the street has this! All they had was a selection of 5 fresh fruit juices and the regular latte, cappuccino, green/moroccan tea, etc. Are you kidding me?!

The menu is quite varied and we felt like there was enough to choose for the both of us. We ordered a green salad, and the Italian pasta menu. I went for the risotto and the ravioli. I was expecting the portions to be small, but again, I felt them to be very minimal. However, I will say that the taste was pretty good. Nothing amazingly exceptional, but decent taste.

For dessert, we ordered the apple tartin - not impressed. The crust was a bit tough and the whole tart kept moving trying to cut a piece. The ice cream was was advertised as cinnamon ice cream - it wasn't, was just plain vanilla ice cream. The dessert was very average at best, and I would expect the presentation and taste to be much better for the price we paid for it.

The service is also severely lacking - we had to continuously look for staff if we needed anything. They weren't overly friendly, and their attitude felt like they'd rather not be here. Nobody came and asked us if we needed anything else after our meals were served, and when it was time for dessert, we had to ask ourselves for the menu and were never offered. I sound like a broken record, but for a place being marketed as an upscale dining destination - these small things are unacceptable.

It will be awhile before I give this place a try again.

2  Thank Mohammed B

Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

Been to the resto twice this year. 1st with my family and the second was with couple of German colleagues visiting Saudi. Both times the foid was good but the service was slow. Most of focus was on the large company groups. Over priced menu but you are baying for the location and the view.
Nothing special other than that

Reviewed November 24, 2013

If you are hungry and want to eat, Spazio is not a rest. you would like to go to.

View is nice because it is on 77th floor of Kingdom Tower.

Service is really Poor

Food quality and taste are so bad.

I visited it twice but I will not go back for sure.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

Let me just confirm previous reviews - great view, but way overpriced, simply average food. This restaurant is trying to be something that they're not. Haute cuisine presentation in a well-worn faux italian interior. Unfortunately it doesn't live up to the hype. In addition, the service is surprisingly bad considering the prices.
If you want to sit, relax, and enjoy the view, rather than being shuffled into and out of the observation walkway (for 35R), just order an overpriced drink here and skip the food.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Great view but the food was terrible. I had the lamb shank and it was tasteless and so overpriced! I would not recommend it to anyone unless all they want to do is look at the view.