“Average hotel”

Madareem Crown Hotel
Ranked #56 of 223 Hotels in Riyadh
Reviewed October 6, 2011

A 3 stars hotel that has some rooms renovated, staff don't speak English , lobby and front desk people r a bit better. Rooms r spacy, wifi is free, badly furnished, no table lamps,bed lamps doesn't work, bathroom average no shower curtains. Far from city center , but next to some business areas and airport. Food at breakfast is average and poor. Grosso modo, a less than average hotel that I suggest u look elsewhere ,sure u will find a better stay even for one night.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Madareem Crown Hotel

Reviewed October 1, 2011

well i went to Riyadh for training
Unfortunately the hotel was madareem crwan. 1st of all the rooms are so bad
So small, the bathrooms are disgusting u won't know if it's dirty or old; there a lot of scratches on the toilets.
The meeting rooms are shocking
The only good thing is the GYM

Room Tip: don't go to this hotel this is the best advice
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed February 21, 2011

The room was booked by a local agent so I got a room on the 5th floor (which I understand had been renovated) so furnishings were not too bad. Room size was big and the bathroom was big with a jacuzzi! I think it would have cost much more if I had booked myself.
It was out of town so not a great position for work if your meetings are in the centre of Riyadh but it was close to the airport. WiFi in room was free.
The service was not great, laundry lists werent in the room and I had to call to get my laundry back late in the evening, the door staff wore smiles but the rest of the staff seemed depressed and my wake up call didnt happen. When I mentioned this to reception I was told that 'we tried 2 times' which wasnt true.
Traffic noise on the main road was audible through the night.
Would I stay here again? probably not.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed January 24, 2011

I was amazed by how the hotel looked like from outside. Even the lobby looked nice. But once I entered the room, I was shocked.

The tiles in bathroom broken (and one was loose). The bathroom floor had cement stains. the carpet in the room was not fitted at one edge. The telephone is a regular $10 dial phone.

I could not sleep because the sound of the traffic was so loud.

But the worse thing was the bed is small. My feet were hanging at the edge and I am 160 cm (5' 9").

The only good thing there was the restaurant was a nice experience.

So, just eat never sleep.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank nbantan
Reviewed January 7, 2011

Hi,
My drama started once we checked in.
When my wife did the reservation, she affirmed to the reservation agent that we are coming for relaxation. We asked for a big spacious room with a big pool in the bathroom and we requested it to be on a garden view.

We didnt feel welcomed when we arrived. once we entered our room, we found a small room with a horrible bed, blanket and pillows and a view of the construction work in the street!!!
The same kind of stuff you see when you go to low-level furnished apartments out there
.. yes they changed our room but the new room was the same level except that you have a fake garden view!!

And more than that, the service was slow and things were not clear to whom to address your request. You call the room service and they refer you to the reception!!
the dinner at the restaurant was average and over-priced 140 per person. the only nice thing I witnessed is the good service from one Sudanese waiter.

We had a lot of noise coming from outside where a wedding was being held.

But let me tell you, The funniest thing you will find out at the end of your stay is the fact that you paid almost 1000+ riyal for NOTHING!!!

If you are really looking for nice hotels and you have the budget of 1000SR per night, then this is NOT the place you go.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 13, 2010

I stayed at The Madareem Crown for 3 nights on a business trip to Riyadh and my experience was not a good one:

1. The rooms were poorly furnished: there is no kettle/self service for tea and coffee nor an iron and ironing board. There was a bookcase/shelf in the (please note) first room I stayed in that was absolutely bare.
2. I was awoken on my first morning at 6am by excavators breaking and moving rocks across the road. After calling reception 3 times, nothing was done about it and they simply said there was nothing they could do. Everyone must've complained on that side of the hotel but they insist on putting guests in those rooms in a huge hotel? Very illogical
3. I moved rooms for the last two nights and they upgraded me to a garden suit. It was at least quiet but again no tea/coffee and ironing facilities and a sparsely furnished huge room.
4. There was no hot water, only luke warm at best. I asked that they look at it but on return to my room that evening, it was just the same.
5. Both bedside lamps did not work and weren't even plugged in - the plugs were in a state of disrepair
6. I put laundry out and phoned housekeeping to collect on my way out only to find when I got back to the room later that day that the same dirty laundry was still in exactly the same place
7. The bathroom was not cleaned properly and the bath itself had unsightly scratches in the enamel and broken tiles around the edge
8. The curtain cabling in the lounge was broken so I could not getthe curtains open. The morning I was checking out the card did not work in the slot to switch on the power so I add to pack in the dark
9. Breakfast was dull. Service was terrible but the food, albeit limited in variety, was not too bad
9. The room service was at least prompt and pretty good.
10. The fitness centre, once I found it, was impressive and well equiped

Overall the experience was disappointing. Customer service is non existent. I suggest you stick to the well known chains like Holiday Inn and Mercure, which are in the vicinity.

Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank ExpatDxb
Reviewed December 3, 2008

This is my third trip to Saudi Arabia, and my second to Riyadh. I would give this hotel a solid 3-4 stars. I found the staff to be uniformly helpful. The hotel has 4 restaurants (including the lobby coffee shop, the traditional restaurant, a high-end seafood restaurant, and an Indian restaurant); I especially liked the Indian, which had been recommended by the Indian bellman. The breakfast was the usual assortment of food found in hotels in the middle east, but in addition, there was a chef who would prepare omelets or pancakes to your liking; the omelet possibilities were many. The courtyard was pleasant for strolling; there are two pools which were unoccupied. Our bedroom and bathroom were very generously sized and well-appointed. As a woman, I was very comfortable there; I did not wear an abaya.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled on business