“Bad Hotel” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #48 of 207 Hotels in Riyadh
KSA
“Bad Hotel”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2011

well i went to Riyadh for training
Unfortunately the hotel was madareem crwan. 1st of all the rooms are so bad
So small, the bathrooms are disgusting u won't know if it's dirty or old; there a lot of scratches on the toilets.
The meeting rooms are shocking
The only good thing is the GYM

Room Tip: don't go to this hotel this is the best advice
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Arabic first
UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2011

The room was booked by a local agent so I got a room on the 5th floor (which I understand had been renovated) so furnishings were not too bad. Room size was big and the bathroom was big with a jacuzzi! I think it would have cost much more if I had booked myself.
It was out of town so not a great position for work if your meetings are in the centre of Riyadh but it was close to the airport. WiFi in room was free.
The service was not great, laundry lists werent in the room and I had to call to get my laundry back late in the evening, the door staff wore smiles but the rest of the staff seemed depressed and my wake up call didnt happen. When I mentioned this to reception I was told that 'we tried 2 times' which wasnt true.
Traffic noise on the main road was audible through the night.
Would I stay here again? probably not.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Jeddah
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2011

I was amazed by how the hotel looked like from outside. Even the lobby looked nice. But once I entered the room, I was shocked.

The tiles in bathroom broken (and one was loose). The bathroom floor had cement stains. the carpet in the room was not fitted at one edge. The telephone is a regular $10 dial phone.

I could not sleep because the sound of the traffic was so loud.

But the worse thing was the bed is small. My feet were hanging at the edge and I am 160 cm (5' 9").

The only good thing there was the restaurant was a nice experience.

So, just eat never sleep.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank nbantan

Travelers are raving about these Riyadh hotels

Saudia arabia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2011

Hi,
My drama started once we checked in.
When my wife did the reservation, she affirmed to the reservation agent that we are coming for relaxation. We asked for a big spacious room with a big pool in the bathroom and we requested it to be on a garden view.

We didnt feel welcomed when we arrived. once we entered our room, we found a small room with a horrible bed, blanket and pillows and a view of the construction work in the street!!!
The same kind of stuff you see when you go to low-level furnished apartments out there
.. yes they changed our room but the new room was the same level except that you have a fake garden view!!

And more than that, the service was slow and things were not clear to whom to address your request. You call the room service and they refer you to the reception!!
the dinner at the restaurant was average and over-priced 140 per person. the only nice thing I witnessed is the good service from one Sudanese waiter.

We had a lot of noise coming from outside where a wedding was being held.

But let me tell you, The funniest thing you will find out at the end of your stay is the fact that you paid almost 1000+ riyal for NOTHING!!!

If you are really looking for nice hotels and you have the budget of 1000SR per night, then this is NOT the place you go.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Dubai
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2010

I stayed at The Madareem Crown for 3 nights on a business trip to Riyadh and my experience was not a good one:

1. The rooms were poorly furnished: there is no kettle/self service for tea and coffee nor an iron and ironing board. There was a bookcase/shelf in the (please note) first room I stayed in that was absolutely bare.
2. I was awoken on my first morning at 6am by excavators breaking and moving rocks across the road. After calling reception 3 times, nothing was done about it and they simply said there was nothing they could do. Everyone must've complained on that side of the hotel but they insist on putting guests in those rooms in a huge hotel? Very illogical
3. I moved rooms for the last two nights and they upgraded me to a garden suit. It was at least quiet but again no tea/coffee and ironing facilities and a sparsely furnished huge room.
4. There was no hot water, only luke warm at best. I asked that they look at it but on return to my room that evening, it was just the same.
5. Both bedside lamps did not work and weren't even plugged in - the plugs were in a state of disrepair
6. I put laundry out and phoned housekeeping to collect on my way out only to find when I got back to the room later that day that the same dirty laundry was still in exactly the same place
7. The bathroom was not cleaned properly and the bath itself had unsightly scratches in the enamel and broken tiles around the edge
8. The curtain cabling in the lounge was broken so I could not getthe curtains open. The morning I was checking out the card did not work in the slot to switch on the power so I add to pack in the dark
9. Breakfast was dull. Service was terrible but the food, albeit limited in variety, was not too bad
9. The room service was at least prompt and pretty good.
10. The fitness centre, once I found it, was impressive and well equiped

Overall the experience was disappointing. Customer service is non existent. I suggest you stick to the well known chains like Holiday Inn and Mercure, which are in the vicinity.

Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank ExpatDxb
Ajijic, Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2008

This is my third trip to Saudi Arabia, and my second to Riyadh. I would give this hotel a solid 3-4 stars. I found the staff to be uniformly helpful. The hotel has 4 restaurants (including the lobby coffee shop, the traditional restaurant, a high-end seafood restaurant, and an Indian restaurant); I especially liked the Indian, which had been recommended by the Indian bellman. The breakfast was the usual assortment of food found in hotels in the middle east, but in addition, there was a chef who would prepare omelets or pancakes to your liking; the omelet possibilities were many. The courtyard was pleasant for strolling; there are two pools which were unoccupied. Our bedroom and bathroom were very generously sized and well-appointed. As a woman, I was very comfortable there; I did not wear an abaya.

• Liked — clean, well appointed hotel with spacious rooms and good restaurants
  • Disliked — There was no shower -- just a hand held shower to be used in a large jetted tub with no curtain
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
      Check in / front desk
Cheshire
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2008

No guest information in the rooms, restaurant shut at night and the other two shut randomly. They would rather use the restaurants for functions for outside parties than provide a service for the paying guests, so you end up having to order from the uninspiring and limited room service menu. There are no restaurants in the locality.

Breakfast in the Madareem Crown is a dispiriting experience. A limited choice of rather poor food served by people who seem only to be concerned to give you the bill to sign (but no pen to sign it with) in a bleak and unwelcoming room. Let's hope that they have replaced the dangerous, damaged and small toaster by now.

When you find your room you will probably find that the maintenance people will become your closest friends in the hotel. This trip I had, amongst other things, the following:

Both bedside lights broken; a man came, looked at them and said he would be back to fix them - he didn't. I called them again the next day and eventually the switch knobs were put on although one light fitting was still loose on the wall when it was touched.

The TV remote needed replacing twice in 4 days.

Safe not working when I got into my room.

WiFi in the rooms is dreadful. Don't expect to be able to download anything or get your emails in under 10 hours. The only solution is to take your laptop to the lobby, which is noisy and where you have a stream of people passing right by you with lighted cigarettes.

This was all on top of a stream of other service failures, culminating in them not having arranged the car to the airport, even though it had been paid for and arranged in advance.

The management attitude was that if I wanted decent service I should have gone to another,more expensive, hotel!

Overall, a gloomy and disheartening place to stay.

• Liked — Leaving to go home
  • Disliked — Pretty much everything
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
      Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank David_and_travels