“Full of taste and oil”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 6, 2019 via mobile

Well, service is great. I admired the chef and his effort, but I’ve found the food full of taste. I mean, it’s difficult to distinguish the real flavour because of some added ingredients such as oyster sauce if i’m not mistaken. Another thing is that, it has a lot of oil. But the chef’s performance is thumbs up.

Date of visit: February 2019

Reviewed December 10, 2018 via mobile

The food was amazing and so is the service. We tried different dishes and they were all perfect, highly recommended

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed December 7, 2018

I have not been to Benihana for a number of years and last week we had occasion to visit with another couple. This restaurant is on the Northern Ring road between exit 6 and 7. On entering the building, you will be impressed with the lobby area which I think has a great ambience. It has really high ceilings and also nice seating and internal trees and shrubs.

We were taken to a family room and shown the menu. We decided to go for the Specialty Dinner - where the chef comes to you and cooks the food in front of you. The men ordered the Benihana Kingdom - Filet Minon with mushroom and shrimp and the ladies ordered Benihana Delight - Chicken and Shrimp. We however decided to share and everyone had all three meets.

The advantage of this dinner is that there is really very little thinking about it, it comes with cold appetiser, salad and soup along with the main course and choice of ice cream for desert and Japanese Green Tea.

The Benihana restaurants are known for the ceremony which the Chef goes through, juggling the cooking tools, tapping the side of the hotplate in time to the tapping of the seasoning boxes for salt and pepper, and at the end he flipped the used lemon slices up and into his Chefs hat.

I like this restaurant as the food is very tasty, ingredients are obviously really good quality and the fact that it is cooked in front of you to your specific taste is great. All courses were tasty. Main course was really good. watching the egg fried rice being prepared and the individual meat dishes was wonderful - an eating and entertaining experience.

Overall, this restaurant was as good as I previously remembered and I would like to visit again, It works out at about 200SAR per head for the set menu plus drinks.

Date of visit: December 2018
1  Thank Anthony G
Reviewed September 22, 2018 via mobile

At the beginning I didn’t like the fact that we have separate private dining table until I went through the experience with the special chief who served us and cooked our food artistically on our table. We loved the food and asked the chief to surprise us.
All fresh ingredients cooked in the way we like it. We had lobster, tuna, beef stakes and shrimps.
I highly recommend

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed August 9, 2018

Decided needed a decent place to celebrate my birthday. Took a few friends along for the "show" who had not been there before. End result is all have since been back there! Chef table service was exemplary and well worth the more upmarket pricing. Good quality food, good surroundings, great service with a smile and a laugh what more can one ask for. Very glad to see that standards are being maintained.

Date of visit: July 2018