“A True Place for the Western Traveller”

Holiday Inn Riyadh Meydan
Ranked #10 of 225 Hotels in Riyadh
Reviewed December 6, 2013

Had two excellent stays at at the hotel during October and November this year. The hotel has only been open for one year so everything is nice and fresh. There is an excellent buffet at breakfast with a wide range of choice. I was fortunate to receive a complementary upgrade on both occasions when I stayed to a really nice suite. Enjoy!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Guest R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Riyadh Meydan, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2013

Dear Valuable Guest,
Thank you for being our valuable guest at Holiday Inn Riyadh Meydan and for your review.We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

If you are planning to visit Saudi Arabia in Riyadh city , you need to book your hotel in Holiday Inn Riyadh Meydan.

usually i visit Riyadh and sty in some excellent hotels , this time i found the best hotel that i recommend to you , the location is close to the canter,
the cleanest of the hotel is #1 ,
all employees are very kind and helpful

specially the Mr. Mohamed Awad he make my stay very nice .

Room Tip: all rooms are excellent royal suitein the Higher floors is the best i have seen
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 28, 2013

I am a constant traveller and have stayed at numerous hotels. Hands Down, this was the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. This does not even deserve a 1 star, though the facilities are new and employees polite, the services is horrible.

1. I reserved a non-smoking room over 1 week in advance, i arrived to find, no only was my room not ready at (7 PM in the evening) but that they only had a smoking room for me.
2. i ordered a simple chicken sandwich from room service it did not arrive for over 1 hour.
3. the "gift shop" in the hotel was closed for the 4 days that i visited the hotel
4. the room was dirty, i poured a cup of tea and there was stale coffee and lip markings and drip markings all over the cup
5. room service did not clean my room and it was 6:00 pm the next day?!?!?!
6. location is horrible nothing remotely close to the hotel.
7. the car rental (taxi) company almost killed us on the way to the airport, horrible drivers
8. there was no consistency in the rooms, one room had soap and a laundry bag, another room had 3 towels, etc.
9 All of the bed linens and pillows felt like they were old and in need of replacement

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND ALL VISITORS TO LOCATE AND STAY AT ANOTHER HOTEL.

1  Thank LEBANISZ
Guest R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Riyadh Meydan, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2013

Dear Valuable Guest,

Thank you for being our valuable guest at Holiday Inn Riyadh Meydan and for your explicit feedback. I am really concerned about your unsatisfactory experience and all the comments you highlighted which I have also cascaded to the hotel operational leaders and our business partners, the Gift shop and Limousine Service.

I would have welcomed a chance to meet you or speak to you while you were still in the hotel, I am confident , we could have turned around your experience to a pleasant one and made your stay more enjoyable. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again on your next visit. Please feel free to contact me at Mohamed.Dabbas@ihg.com.

Your comment about our new facilities and polite staff is highly appreciated.
Once again, thank you and we look forward to welcoming you again.

Kind Regards

Reviewed November 18, 2013

Anyone reading this is probably already familiar with what passes for standard in Saudi so I'll not bore you with the ridiculous local rules and customs that might affect any female travellers other than to say that the management of this hotel told a colleague of mine who wanted to use the gym (it's forbidden) that the hotel wants to construct a separate one for ladies only.

A nice, modern building with well appointed rooms. Staff are friendly and very helpful. Two small drawbacks are that all meals are buffet only (so you pay full price even if you only want a light snack) and there is no coffee shop in which to pass the time of day. We didn't have time to search out local restaurants but most of the surrounding area appeared to be office blocks or building sites anyway and with a single female in our group we'd probably have been picked up by the fuzz for trying.

Happiness is Saudi in my rear-view mirror.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
yasser r, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Riyadh Meydan, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

Dear Paul C,
Thank you for being our valuable guest at Holiday Inn Riyadh Meydan and for leaving us a feedback.
We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. Glad to know you liked our modern hotel; rooms and friendly services. Your comments are highly valuable and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for.

Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

Positive:
The hotel is pretty new which was really a great advantage. Moreover, it is located in the downtown with an easy access to several points of interest.
Negative:
- My room was not cleaned during my second night, even though I was out from 7:45am until 5:00 pm.
- Although, I have informed the receptionist upon checking in that I would extend for an extra night and confirmed that payment would be personally done shall the company's authorization was not received. Surprisingly, I was shocked when I asked the Receptioneist in the morning if they need to pre-authorize my credit card for the extension and informed me that the hotel is over-booked and there is nothing to be done. Accordingly, I have asked to talk to the manager and I was told he would be called shortly (it was around 7:45am). After waiting for 10 minutes, I asked the receptionest if the manager is coming and he simply answered me that he would be here in an hour (I expected that i would be told so instead of keeping me waiting and get late from work). However, I have clearly stated that I am a Gold member and that I should have been informed upon checking in if there was no availability so I could make other plans and I told them that I would definately report this incident to the management. Fortunately, upon coming back from work I checked with the receptionist and it was confirmed that my stay was finally extended.

• Stayed: November 2013
yasser r, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Riyadh Meydan, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Dear Mr. Ali , Thank you for being an IHG Rewards Club - Gold member and for leaving us a feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations.
We are sorry for the shortfalls you have experienced during your stay. Your comments are highly valuable and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. Rest assured, your comments will be used for review and actions will be taken accordingly to ensure similar incidents could be avoided.
Thank you for staying and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again on your next future visit.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

Very friendly welcome service at the reception desk, and as Priority Club member, everything was done to make the check in procedure as smooth as possible. There is no bar, but one can order drinks in the lobby, which unfortunately takes too much time. Also coffee/tea service at breakfast takes far too much time. The rooms are good and comfortable, which is also the case with the bathroom. I will probably stay here again !

Dear Valuable Guest,

Thank you for being an IHG Rewards Club Member. We would like to thank you for patronizing Holiday Inn Riyadh Meydan, your second home away from home. Glad to know you have enjoyed your stay with us. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back at Holiday Inn Riyadh Meydan. We remain.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

Very nice located hotel in Riyadh Business center ( Olaya Area) you can connect to all direction . every one service you with a smile , even the AGM Mr.Ali Kefi take acre of his customer and make sure all process is done fast , in less than 5 minute I was check in.
Food and room service is good and they have nice lobby.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business