“Very nice budget hotel”

Ibis Riyadh Olaya Street
Ranked #16 of 224 Hotels in Riyadh
Reviewed December 10, 2013

Stayed here in December 2013. Very nice location, close to Kingdom Mall (If you don't mind crossing the busy Olaya Street).

Very well priced, room is bigger than some 4-star hotels in the UK. Hotel is brand new too. The room has a kettle with teas & coffees that was replenished daily. I purchased some drinks at the Mall and kept it cool during the week in the little fridge.

Bathroom only have a shower, but it is a big one and more than adequate.

Staff at check in was very friendly. I arrived at 10am, way before the 2pm check-in time. Dawood at reception asked me to "Excuse him until 11am and to have breakfast until then." When I came down at 11am my room key was handed to me, credit card charged and I could go for a well-deserved shower & nap after an overnight flight from Johannesburg via Dubai.

I love the fact that wi-fi is FREE and fast all over the hotel (please my other review about a hotel in Mauritius that still insists on charging for wi-fi in your room). Staff at the cafe downstairs are very helpful (specifically want to mention Tom as he was always more than willing to help).

I never had breakfast (besides the first day) in the hotel as there is a Starbucks down the road, conveniently next to my customer where I stopped off daily for a cappuccino & croissant. But the breakfast before checking in was good.

Being a budget hotel, "room service" is a little weird: come downstairs, order from the cafe, go back to room (or wait downstairs) and when food is ready, take it up to your room. Although a little weird, I thought it is something that makes this hotel unique!

I will definitely recommend this hotel to anyone that does not want to spend the ridiculous amounts that other hotels charge,

Room Tip: Best deal for a budget hotel. Close to Kingdom Mall & great bunch of shops in Olaya Street if yo...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Mohammed F, General Manager at Ibis Riyadh Olaya Street, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2013

Good day from ibis Riyadh Olaya Street

I was pleased to read that you had enjoyed your stay and I will certainly pass on your comments
to my team. I know that they will be delighted to learn that their efforts have been appreciated and
remembered.
We welcome all feedback that we receive from our guests, including positive comments which

Reviewed December 6, 2013

the hotel is brand new, rooms are beautiful and clean, service is excellent, wifi works 100%. and above all, rate is very low considering the position as well (right opposite the king tower in olaya rd!!)
i will be always booking this hotelfor my stays in riyadh!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Mohammed F, General Manager at Ibis Riyadh Olaya Street, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2013

Greetings from ibis Riyadh Olaya

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the ibis Riyadh Olaya Street. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Reviewed November 30, 2013

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Mohammed F, General Manager at Ibis Riyadh Olaya Street, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

Reviewed November 30, 2013

This is a great Ibis hotel, located conveniently off of one of Riyadh's main streets.
The staff are very friendly and genuinely try to help as well as offer advice for getting around. Breakfast is also recommended which is a bargain for its price. The chefs have no issues in cooking meals as per your request. However some items ran out and werent replaced over the duration of my stay despite several guests asking for it (namely the muesli).

What i liked:
*Service
*Location
*Price
*conveniently located taxi stand outside of hotel

What i disliked:
*No gym or pool
*very limited parking space in underground parking, ground level parking isn't shaded.
*no room service
*very small rooms (Ibis standard)

Would give this hotel 4 stars, however the lack of a gym/pool and room service gets it a 3, if both of these are not important to you, then this hotel is a winner

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Greetings from ibis Riyadh

Reviewed November 26, 2013

The hotel is nice and good thing is is smoke free. The location is just across the Kingdom Centre. The staff is really nice and also breakfast is good and rich. They also organize airport transportation. Rooms are big and clean.

1  Thank spanc2001
Mohammed F, General Manager at Ibis Riyadh Olaya Street, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2013

Greetings from ibis Riyadh Olaya

Reviewed November 24, 2013

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Mohammed F, General Manager at Ibis Riyadh Olaya Street, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Reviewed November 23, 2013

I stayed here for a two nights whilst attending a conference nearby. I chose to book based on the reviews here and was not disappointed. Very professional and helpful reception staff (Dawood, Majed and night receptionist from Egypt ?Mustapha).
Fantastic location with a comfy bed and excellent shower. Restaurant staff were lovely and the breakfast buffet was plentiful.
I'd highly recommend staying here.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Dear Mr, Arif
Greetings
Thank you for your feedback, which is invaluable in our efforts to assess and
continually improve upon the quality of our service. I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming
you back to Ibis and meeting your expectations as usual.