“My favorite steak in riyadh.”
Review of Trader Vic's

Trader Vic's
Ranked #42 of 653 Restaurants in Riyadh
Cuisines: Armenian, International, Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
“My favorite steak in riyadh.”
Reviewed March 29, 2014

My wife and I have been to trader's Vic several times. Tried many dishes, the best being its steak that is prepared in their special wood burning oven. The juice cocktails are also great. The service is acceptable. Love the open area. The negatives is the parking especially on the weekend, since it's on mall premises. Even though they have valet, he is not around most of the time. Also been their during Ramadan. It's buffet is not made for Ramadan.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Baso77

• Arabic first
  • Korean first
Australia
“Nice appearance, but average food and service”
Reviewed December 7, 2013

Waited what seemed like forever in the reception area before somebody acknowledged we were there. Finally got seated by a very professional manager, I think. Waiter service after that was average.
The Food - for the price you pay, very AVERAGE..... When out at a restaurant with this decor and price I want to be wowed by the food, not being left feeling that any home cook could have prepared that.
Malayan chicken sticks, dry and a bit chewy. A nice peanut sauce would have went well with it.
Singapore noodles, please change the name. I have been to Singapore and have eaten Singapore noodles, and calling this Singapore noodles is blasphemy.
I hate giving bad reviews, but I also have to be honest with my review, in the hope that they will take the honest feedback and change.

• Visited December 2013
Cairo, Egypt
“Not your usual trader vic's, but good enough”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

This is a watered down, eerily calm trader vic's located under the fun park of Panaroma mall (you can tell its under the roller coaster from the vibration that you feel every now and then)
Walking in the interiors are similar to any other trader vic's with the exception of the lack of people as well as the quietness to the place.

Going there on a Friday at round 3:15 we were informed that they only have open buffet as an option and will not be serving a'la carte until 4:30, however the manager asked the kitchen if they can serve us sooner and they agreed to 4:00 (+1 for service).
After being seated we were offered drinks as well as hot towels. The lemonade with mint was a slight disappointment as it was made using syrup and soda rather than fresh lemon and mint.

For appetizers we ordered the appetizer combo, which had fried shrimps, cheese balls with Jalapeno and boneless buffalo wings, we also ordered beef that you grill on your table. The appetizers were generally of excellent quality.
For soups we ordered the chicken mushroom soup, which came in a very generous portion and served at the correct temperature.

For main courses we had the fillet tenderloin oven grilled in a wooden stove to perfection.
For desserts we had the sampler which had 4 main small desserts to share, however mid way through our desserts our waiter brought us slices of chocolate cake as well as profiteroles. We were informed that every Friday at round 5 when they close the open buffet they distribute the desserts that were part of the buffet to all of the guests on the house.

So try to aim to visit on Friday and finish your meals by 5 :D

• Visited November 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Dissappointing but with a great steak”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

I have eaten in this restaurant before and it was very good last time. But this time what a difference and all for the worse.

The experience started badly when no one answered the phone when we tried to make s reservation, then we were shown to a table with a dirty table cloth. Matters worsened as my colleague went to use his glass which had already been used by someone else, and my other colleague lifted his decorative plate to find a piece of fossilised bread from a previous diner. Disgusting.

The service was very slow, and some items on the menu were not available. Also at least one person in our group had a suspect stomach from the mussels - definitely to avoid.

But .... my wood oven cooked steak was delicious, the fruit juice cocktails are stunning and the desserts are OK ... so it would be sad if the management cannot solve the service problems in the future.

Would I try it again in the future? Probably but knowing if the place has not been cleaned up I would need to be ready to leave and go somewhere else....

Very sad considering how good the steak tasted,

• Visited October 2013
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
“A touch of elegant”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Actually this is the first time I visit this nice restaurant , I was invited by one of my relatives , and I would like to thank him for this nice invitation and nice experience , from the first step you enter this restaurant you can feel that you are going to try something new , nice decoration , friendly employee , nice seating area , wide , and comfortable .
The food was excellent , mixed of oriental , Middle East cuisine , sea foods , a very delicious buffet served every Friday .
I recommended highly for families , and for singles . For sure it will not be the last visit .

• Visited September 2013