Radisson Blu Hotel, Riyadh
$251
$181
$176
  • Restaurant
All reviewsshogun restaurantroyal clubbusiness tripbusiness hotellarge hotelgym is well equippedroom serviceswimming poolhotel is situatedfitness centerjunior suiterooms are spaciousan upgradeexcellent hotelmeetingmrsaudi
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I was mostly dissapointed by the Aircon, it was very harsh with no respite from it drying me out. I soaked towels and left them in the room over night, although this helped, it was only for several hours(having the AC off, meant the heat was 26deg in 4hrs) Mostly I got four hours sleep each night.
I spent the whole time feeling poorly.
Breakfast was good, room was clean and tidy.

(history, used to AC, lived in HK for 3 years, outside on this trip was only 27-30deg in the day)
I cant see me staying here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 25, 2013

This is a big hotel in the governmental part of Riyhad. I got upgraded, so my room was really spacious and comfortable. Free WiFi is advantage (good speed). Very friendly and helpful personnel. Very good food that you can eat in three different restaurants. Very good general impression is spoiled a little bit by the fact that you can see that room is not really the newest and there are some small details that need repair, like electrical sockets. Summarizing - I definitely would not go there with my family but for business trip it is ideal.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I wouldnt describe this hotel as 4-star, no way. The hotel is old and feels it. The room is small, some electrical sockets didn't work, and it didn't look that clean. Not a great hotel, which I understand is the norm for Riyadh...

2  Thank elchicodor
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I have been many times in the Radisson BLU Riyadh, whare I have tried the rooms and restaurants as well, this time I came with a pre reservation and late arriving, although I prefer this hotel and when I arrive it was late in the night of 18th of February, no rooms was vailable but I was promissed to have one in 25 minutes as the reception guy offered me a dinner where I was lucky to catch the buffet to have some thing and pass the time, while I am in the restaurant teh reception same person came to me and gave me my room key saying that this the room I can give you for tonight and tomorrow I will change it never mind the out come but the way he make it it was right and meets my satisfaction thanks to Remond.
In the room it was small room with one bed looks perfect to me even the a fruite basket was there.
Here I can say what ever the reasons are Radisson hotel will remain my choice as the friendly staff willing to do things that shows the hospitality and how this hotel is well managed.
The following day when I came back from my meeting I found two rooms are ready either I will keep the old one or move to to A bigger room and it is double of what I have but due to the honesty of that staff memebr Which I though he forget already - I choose to stay in my room and no move it was fine big TV nice bed and the room is cleaned and in quite location.
I

Room Tip: As a smoker I had smoking room but the room was fiine alwayes I select rooms on the restaurant view or pool side
1  Thank mustafa o
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I stayed in the raddison blu with colleagues on a business trip for 5 days in February 2013. Overall, I would rate this 5 star hotel as very good. I used the superior single room (54 square metres) and it was well appointed and very comfortable. There is 3 restaurants in the hotel with a choice of different types of cuisine. There are only two negative things that I would comment on but they would not put me off returning to this hotel. The first is the cooked breakfast - this was Not in keeping with the very good quality of food in the hotel. Some of the food was cold and the range of choice was not much. Having said that, there was good alternatives available to cooked breakfast food. The second point was the hotel taxi service. The cars were superb but the drivers did not know where they were going on a number of our trips, which resulted in us being late for business meetings. I am not sure if the problem is caused by using hotel staff to drive the cars because the professional taxi drivers had no problems finding our destinations. Pre-booked hotel taxis were also late. The price of a 70 Riyal journey with one of the hotel's taxis was around 25 Riyals in a normal street cab. All in all, I would definitely return to this hotel but would avoid cooked breakfast and would not rely on the hotel taxi service.

1  Thank Duncan M