“Good Riyadh option”

Ranked #14 of 216 Hotels in Riyadh
UK
“Good Riyadh option”
Reviewed December 16, 2011

Stayed at the Radisson for 9 nights after Trip Advisor reviews stopped me going to the Marriott! Think it was a good choice overall. Upgraded to a 7th floor suite which was large, well designed and with a wonderful bed. WiFi good

Only downside was the very smokey corridor and the fact that a bit of smoke smell (not a lot) seemed to come in to the room at times via the air con

Service pretty good, except for the concierge service - where I was mis-informed by two separate desk clerks about mall opening hours, leading to a wasted taxi journey. I didn't get the impression that they 'did' concierge here - maybe this is a Saudi thing, I'm not sure.

There was a party of sorts in the room next to me one night and the hotel gave me an extra room for the night which allowed me to get some sleep

I ate at all the restaurants (Japanese, Italian, Buffet) and have to say I was underwhelmed - especially as I was hoping that some classy food might have made up for the lack of wine! The breakfast buffet in particular was very average and I was fed up of it by the time I left.

Overall though, I'd probably stay there again if the Intercontinental was full as it was for my stay....

Room Tip: The 7th floor suites give you access to the club lounge and free evening snacks!
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Ian_HirstUk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed December 15, 2011

I had several nights at Rad Blu over a period of 6 months; that was just over a year ago. On my return there last week, reception and restaurant staff remembered me and welcomed me back. The rooms are generally excellent and are furnished in different styles. The restaurant prices are not cheap, but are on a par with hotel prices in the Kingdom. The buffet is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner and is as good as you make it. The Italian restaurant serves some very nice food, and the Shogun Japanese can provide culinary entertainment (tepanyaki or shabu shabu) as well as high quality food.
I've stayed elsewhere in Riyadh, but would always choose the Rad Blu.

Room Tip: The corner rooms have an odd layout, but are more spacious.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Marktbreit, Germany
Reviewed December 12, 2011

I stayed 3 nights at the Radisson Blu Riyadh in November 2011 for business purposes and paid € 170 net per night excluding breakfast.
The people at the reception were a real catastrophy, I was never treated so indifferently and arrogant during check-in. Every question seemed to be too much, so the guy preferred to not to talk at all at the end. This was not an exception, because during check-out it was the same behaviour. Although prepaid, the guy wanted to charge my credit card at check-out. I told him it was a prepaid room and rather to simply offer an excuse, he preferred to murmur something in Arabic, which I found was very impolite.
Apart from the reception staff, the hotel was really nice. My room was on the 10th floor and without the Arabic wall on the outside of my window, I could have had a nice view of the city. My room was well sized and tastefully decorated and furnitured. Everythink looked nice and neat and it really was. My room was equipped with a flat screen TV, a water cooker with coffee and tea and natural and sparkling water, that was refilled every day. I didn't use the air conditioning system because it was pretty cold during my stay (not more than 8° C). The working desk was well arranged and the wireless internet connection was working reliably and fast. The king-size bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was very nice, perfectly clean and with top materials. The shower was really big and comfortable. Absolutely no complaints about the room, in contrary.
I didn't have breakfast, because it was too expensive for my needs (€ 25!!), nor did I have any other meals in the hotel.
The hotel is located in the city centre. There are a couple of restaurants around and the towers and shopping malls are not very far. Taxis are really cheap in Ryadh. The way to the airport takes you around 30-45 minutes, depending on the traffic.
Although expensive, the hotel itself is absolutely recommendable as it seems to be pretty new. Everything is very neat and clean, just the people at the reception were spoiling my good impressions about this hotel.

Lint, Belgium
Reviewed December 6, 2011

We are a European company that works around the globe. For our long term project in the Kingdom we were looking to a hotel with European standards and facilities for our 20 person’s staff. The Radisson provides us with excellent service, high standard rooms, charming restaurants, and well trained and helpful staff. As we are staying for a long term, the Radisson does every effort to supply with extra needs and comfort.
Many thanks to Mister Magdy and his staff.

Yves

Antwerp, Belgium
Reviewed November 17, 2011

Alfacam,choose the Radisson Blu hotel in Riyadh as there HQ.Thanks to the help from the front desk office and in special Mr.Magdy whe feel at home here during our long stay in the kingdom.
The hotel is very well equipped with a nice business center and round the clock room service.
The rooms are very nice ,even with an office space,so working from the hotel is excellent.The overall WIFI is amazing and the most professional iv e ever had as an experience in the world.
Choise of restaurants,try the Japanees Shogun,it is one of the best i ever had!
Short to say,but its my home when i'm in the kingdom!

Room Tip: Ask for an upgraded room,you will love it!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed November 12, 2011

I have traveled all over the world in 36 years in the Military (Retired US Army Colonel). The staff at the Radisson in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia is exceptional - two individuals in particular stand out - Mr Shahid Abidi, Senior Sales Manager, and Mr Yousef Mobydeen. Both are utilitimate professionals who ensure nothing but the best in service, attention to detail, thoughtfulness, and sincere hospitality. I consider the hotel one of the best I have stayed in; however, I directly attribute this to these two individuals who have made my long term stay exceptional - I truly feel like it is my "home" while I am here in Saudi Arabia. They are extremely talented and should both be promoted to their next higher level of responsibility.
Please forward this to mohamed.benamar@rezidor.com. Thank you. D.W. Bridge

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Lisbon, Lisboa, Portugal
Reviewed November 7, 2011

Excellent service, excellent personal, very cosy hotel, personal very friendly and effective, internet excellent, food excellent