“Literally, the best in Riyadh”
Review of Al Faisaliah Hotel

Al Faisaliah Hotel
Ranked #10 of 218 Hotels in Riyadh
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
“Literally, the best in Riyadh”
Reviewed August 24, 2012

I stayed in alfaisaliah south hotel, celebrating the 3rd anniversary, and it was the perfect place for this occasion.

Prior to booking a suite in this hotel, I visited the most luxurious, or what were claimed to be luxurious hotels in Riyadh, but alfaisaliah south hotel was extraordinary in every thing, starting with warm welcoming, with Arabic coffee, ending by an incredible check out time, not exceeding 90 seconds !

the suite combined modern design, advanced technology and luxury. the suite was spacious and very quiet as you are in a room with sound proof walls.

we received a very nice gift from the hotel for this anniversary which was strawberry cake and bucket of flowers with a big smile, which really was heart touching..

we enjoyed a real butler service, and once you arrive to the suite, the butler will introduce himself and you will find in the suite a list of tasks that can be done by your butler, and the response was in very short time, that I didn't find in other hotels.

I didn't use my car during this stay, as every thing is near by, you have to try the globe restaurant for its amazing view, but not for the taste of food..

overall,
it was unforgettable stay, we will be back, may be next anniversary .

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank mss541
Alex_Pichel_Riyadh, General Manager at Al Faisaliah Hotel, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
Dear mss541,

First of all congratulations again on your wedding anniversary, we are delighted that you have chosen the Al Faisaliah Hotel – South, our All-Suite Hotel, for this wonderful occasion. It is a real pleasure to learn that you have thoroughly enjoyed the Suite, the amenities and the services your Butler provided.

We are looking forward welcoming you again for your next anniversary, or possibly even sooner, so that we can ensure your stay will be even more memorable and again exceed your expectations, also in The Globe.

Alex Pichel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Arabic first
Putney
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Decent rooms, very good fitness centre and indoor pool area. Butler service a nice touch but watch out for the irons as they sometimes disgorge black muck. Main issue was around the front desk and their inability to assign correct guest to correct room when checking in as multiple guests. Tried repeatedly to fix and only managed to sort with manager on last day. Stayed during Ramadan and hotel was reasonably accommodating to western guests.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Alex_Pichel_Riyadh, General Manager at Al Faisaliah Hotel, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
Dear FoxtrotOscar,

First of all, thank you for choosing Al Faisaliah Hotel, A Rosewood Hotel and taking the time to review your stay with us. We always strive to increase the quality of our services and facilities therefore your feedback is very precious to us. We have taken note of your comments and will do everything possible to ensure that similar incidents do not re-occur.

On the other hand we are delighted that you enjoyed our rooms, 24 hour Butler Service and the Health Club.

During your stay we were renovating our Lobby Lounge, which has been completed in the meantime and we invite you to experience our new Lobby Lounge the next time your travels take you to Riyadh.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Don't be taken up by the glass all around, this is a cosy and fine hotel in one of the main streets of Riyadh. The rooms are large with good quality fittings and equipment. The service is excellent, everything I ordered came in less than 5 minutes to my room, coffee included. Food was available 24 hrs even during Ramadan. The quality and presentation of food was excellent. The breakfast spread was generous with an attentive staff trying to meet to the needs of the customers.
I had a meeting and the staff ensued that my lunch was prepared well in time.
And yes the Alfaisalya mall connected to the hotel as well.
All in all a good experience.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear PinakiMishra,

We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay at the Al Faisaliah Hotel, A Rosewood Hotel and thank you for choosing us for your stay in Riyadh. Especially your comments regarding the services provided by our team are heartwarming and encourage us to continue to exceed our guest’s expectations.

Our aim is to fully personalize each and every stay, and make our guests feel welcome, comfortable and relaxed.

We are looking forward welcoming you back to Al Faisaliah Hotel soon!

Nice, France
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I stayed at the beginning of Ramadan, so things were very quiet. The main reception area/lobby/entrance is closed off for renovation, but everything else is open.
The room I stayed in was spacious enough and the bed was very comfortable - I prefer a soft mattress and this was perfect for me.
The room was fine - 4 stars - but the internet access was expensive (180 SAR/€45 for 48 hours), and continental breakfast in the room was €30. The breakfast did arrive right on time though.
A really useful service was the room butler. More hotels should definitely do this - it saves time with all kinds of routine stuff that you need in a hotel, any time of the day or night. Very good.
Most things went smoothly, but they did make a mess of the check-in/out. I was there with a colleague and they gave us each other's keys, and it seemed impossible to sort out such a simple error. They even ended up adding my bill onto his credit card (as well as his own). Very confusing.
My other 'niggles': I couldn't find where to change the room temperature - why do hotels always set the temperature to 'Freeze'? And there was no hot water for the sink - the shower was OK, but none for washing hands. Strange. Also the lift nearest my room only operated at certain times, and the 'down' button rarely worked to call the lift. Tiny 'niggles', but things that a real 5-star doesn't have.
While I didn't eat in the hotel's restaurant I did notice the Iftar set up and I have to say that I'm glad I went to the Four Seasons instead. The Four Seasons' Iftar buffet can only be described as fantastic and the desserts are a work of art. I also ate at the Sheraton, but forget that, go to the Four Seasons, but make sure you book well in advance.
At this hotel the staff were very friendly and welcoming, and I would recommend a stay there, but it's not really 5-stars.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Dear BobD1959,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. Your feedback is appreciated and beneficial to us in order to further improve our services. In regards to your comments about our Ifar set up, we assume you are referring to our set up for private groups at our La Brasserie restaurant. It is unfortunate that you missed Fawanees in our Prince Sultan Grand Hall, which in our opinion, provides a spectacular setting for our wonderful international Iftar buffet – an opinion shared with many local residents, judging by the year-to-year increase in popularity of our Fawanees during Ramadan.

We do hope to welcome you again, and now with our newly renovated Lobby Lounge, we are confident to provide even better service to you. Please contact me whenever you travel again to Riyadh, as it would be my pleasure meeting you personally.

Paris, France
Reviewed July 11, 2012

I have stayed at Al Faisaliah many times and it is much better than the other hotels I tried there. The rooms are large, clean and nicely designed, bathrooms are very spacious, business equipment is quite convenient and service (from drivers to butlers to restaurant staff) is excellent by local standards. All restaurants are fine in their respective styles, and I like the one on the terrace outside 1st floor, for a casual al fresco meat dinner.
The only recurring weakness is the reception desk: most staff members are slow, hardly polite until they realize you are a regular, and their English is quite limited.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Sanzot-Pignon
Dear Sanzot-Pignon,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay at Al Faisaliah Hotel, A Rosewood Hotel. We are glad you enjoy your stays with us and that you appreciate the facilities and services we provide.

We continuously strive to improve our services, therefore your comments are very dear to us.
On your next trip you can experience our new Lobby Lounge, we do hope that this will please you as much as our other outlets do.

Looking forward welcoming you again soon!

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed July 7, 2012

luxury  BIG ROOMS very good LOCATION there is  alfaisaliah shopping mall in walking distance to altahlya rood good taxi serves from the mall
. . . . BUT . . . .
It was my wedding day
I asked there advice on a suitable room foor these occasion it was a good advice the have a 500RS package for a small 2" heart shape cake and 2 small roses bouquet I didn't take ... But the  put 2 single roses in the shower robes and a fruit baskets FREE

I bought roses and rose petals cost my 1000RS
I did my checking in put the rose petals and single roses all over the room and bathroom ...
I got married  went to my room with my wife ALL the ROSES are GONE
It is my first day I did not want to upset my wife it is our first day
Checking out I complaint & The were sorry :( ....

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Mr. Al Zamil,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Al Faisaliah Hotel, A Rosewood Hotel. We are very pleased that you choose to stay with us on one of the most memorable days in your life. We do apologize about the miscommunication about the roses in your suite, and would like to assure you that we always do our best to accommodate all individual requests.

Mr. Al Zamil, we do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you and your wife again at Al Faisaliah Hotel for your next wedding anniversary or any other occasion and please contact me directly, so that we can ensure this will be a truly memorable experience.

Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed June 10, 2012

I have read some of the negative reviews regarding front desk staff which made me decide to put "pen to paper" to shed some light to what appears to be ignorance on the travellers part.

When spending long hours in hotel lobbies in saudi you tend to see a lot. The verbal abuse I have witnessed from local guests at front desk or management towards some of the staff is mind blowing. Staff are potentially exposed to instant dismissal with a bat of an eyelid. The slightest complaint of a guest to management could cost their job - so unless a staff member is blatently rude to you, try and give them some slack. Travellers have to bear in mind that the strict customs of the country staff are being exposed to determines the tone of interaction. Bear in mind that this hotel is highly exposed to extreme watchful eyes of the government, especially due to the popularity with the high profile guests who prefer to stay here.
The concierge and other staff appear more helpful and friendly cause any guest they come into contact with is a potential "dollar sign". If you are being brutally honest with yourself as a traveller reading my review, ask yourself the question: when have you ever tipped a front desk guy ever in your life? -
(me personally-never!)
Porters, room service, housekeeping have a potential of tripple their earnings in a month.

For a female traveller this hotel location is great as it is not only directly connected to a mall but also in the main city centre! Anything you require is available in walking distance. Transport is easy access-your don't spend time waiting for any taxis

Note: in saudi a female is not allowed to use the gym in the hotel (in the south building) however the hoel provides a treadmill to the room.
Rooms are big in the northern wing of the hotel.
Everything in the room is controlled electronically by a device beside the bed orin the living room (open/close curtain, temp of room, tv etc).
The room has massive windows and in the day time you can enjoy a bright room (its amazing what can determine your happiness when you have lived and worked in saudi for many years)
Caution: mini bar is pricy-
Butler service is available- you can get boiling hot water on request free of charge.
No iron or iron board available- laundry is pricy

• Stayed May 2012
2 Thank ChancebyChanel
Dear ChancebyChanel,

First of all, thank you for choosing the Al Faisaliah Hotel, A Rosewood Hotel for your recent stay in Riyadh. Furthermore, thank you for your comments about our team. We are very proud of our entire team, and the professional and genuinely caring culture we have created at Al Faisaliah.

We are especially pleased that as a female traveler you experienced the hotel to be convenient and comfortable. We are proud to inform you about the upcoming opening of “The Spa at Al Faisaliah” in fall 2012, which will be Riyadh’s most luxurious and exclusive Ladies Spa, including a state-of-the-art exercise facility. In the meantime, we have arranged for a temporary ladies fitness room in our Al Faisaliah South Wing which also includes the latest technology for a full-body work-out.

In regards to the iron and ironing board, for your next visit we encourage you to ask your personal Butler to assist you with any ironing needs, as this task is part of our signature Butler service, naturally complimentary. However, upon request, we are more than happy to place ironing equipment in your room.

We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again soon at Al Faisaliah Hotel, A Rosewood Hotel on your next visit to Riyadh.